Divine Blessing

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2024, 11:04:56 PM
Mandatory no-brain choice for every build I've made since 3.17
base duration is too low, in some cases it's not possible to fit in inc. duration support.
Non-obvious base mana cost scaling, too few cost scaling methods currently available.

It works, it can't be replaced, it's annoying to play with at 11 sec duration.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Mar 15, 2024, 9:02:25 AM
"
Blessing Skills can no longer be supported by Lifetap.

So we've had a kinda boring but interactive gameplay loop with 11 sec blessing available for every life-based build, we've also had a mildly risky but convenient way to trigger FtS LtF node effect or in general a way to go on low life "on demand".

Now every aspect of the gameplay is simply removed.
Tell me, what build can afford to have 65%+ unreserved mana yet sacrifice it every 20 sec? A long dead MoM Archmage? Thank you! Great design!
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
can we make aura supported by this gem instant cast?its not a big deal,right?
"
liujun0792 wrote:
can we make aura supported by this gem instant cast?its not a big deal,right?

Agreed. I think making it instant removes a few annoying issues it has right now:

When it is not instant, trying to refresh a divine blessing will first disable your existing divine blessing, even if it is the same, giving it a minor downtime. This is probably part of implementing the "one blessing at a time" stuff we seem to want have as a part of blessings, but combined with ...

It can be animation canceled, means that you can spent the cost upfront, to CANCEL your existing divine blessing, then animation cancel it so you don't even get the buff, then it goes on (a short) cooldown so you can't even immediately put it up again

Aside from those, I would like some UI changes. I currently disable "Show Aura Icons" because typically in solo play, permanent auras you can kind of understand are up (almost) all the time and don't want to clog up UI, but blessings are not the same in that sense.

If there could be a UI option to "Show blessing icons" or somehow split divine blessings from the regular aura icon groupings, that would be much appreciated.

"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
Blessing Skills can no longer be supported by Lifetap.

So we've had a kinda boring but interactive gameplay loop with 11 sec blessing available for every life-based build, we've also had a mildly risky but convenient way to trigger FtS LtF node effect or in general a way to go on low life "on demand".

Now every aspect of the gameplay is simply removed.
Tell me, what build can afford to have 65%+ unreserved mana yet sacrifice it every 20 sec? A long dead MoM Archmage? Thank you! Great design!

Strangely my favorite build uses it quite well!

it has 5000 mana, uses MoM, only has ~3500 mana unreserved, doesn't use primarily use archmage, and can keep a percentage based aura with divine blessing up all the time (in fact I use arcane surge with it too, that's how often it spams it lol).

Aside from that anomaly though, it is very good on eldritch battery builds in general.
Last edited by biyte on Aug 20, 2023, 2:43:34 AM
Make it instant cast, would be a serious QOL improvement.
It would make it feel useful to play with.
When used with "Generosity Support" you can't longer see the timer on the top bar for remaining duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info