[3.18] Skinflux's Spectral Terror | Omni ST | Do all content | 40M Real Boss DPS | Tanky

Introduction

Hello to everyone, Skinflux's here, with my first posted build on the forum.

It is a Deadeye Spectral Throw Omniscience build, which proved to be still one of my favorite archetypes in the game and managed to do all the new content and the uber bosses, most of them deathless (and servicing them as well with great successes).

The guide will be as in-depth as I can possibly write it, and will be kept updated even if I won't be playing the character for long now - switching to a new project after hitted level 100 with this.

Showcase

Spoiler
https://youtu.be/0w8rZsUy1lY - Deathless Uber Maven
https://youtu.be/W5PwcS5ZZWc - Deathless Elderslayers + 96 IIQ Invitation

More will be added as soon as i record

The idea behind it

As soon as recombinator were a 3.18 thing, and Impossible escape jewel made his first appearence in the game, I instantly switched from the dex-stack approach on my build (which I initially was tempted to do on this character) to a more tanky approach utilizing Crystallised Omniscience amulet in combination with Imbalanced Guard Impossible Escape and some purity to achieve 90% max res, high chaos res since all the res slots weren't needed, and full suppression, elemental avoidance, and high stun avoidance, without sacrificing any real output damage.

And, trust me, the result was HUGE.

Pros & Cons

+++All Ubers With Ease
+++Fast Paced
+++Spectral Throw
+++Ailment Immunity
+++100% Suppression
+++90% All Ele Res
+++Up to 75% Chaos Res with Amethyst Flask

---Can become pretty expensive
---Kinda hard to make everything up
---Not Aegis Aurora Level of TANK
---Not A Real League Starter (But can be transitioned into)

Playstyle

Spoiler
This is a Nightblade build.

Nightblade and Elusive is more than half of our damage, so - as all those kind of builds - we gotta have Withering Step on our left click for refreshing Elusive setup whenever our elusive from Nightblade is lower than what we'd get from walking (you can just spam hits and then walk away, it works, no real need to be minmaxed).

Other than that, while mapping the build is just Blood rage at enter, then right-click, kill pack, whirling to the next, right-click, rinse and repeat.

For bossing, we have our Phantasmal Ancestral Protector for amazing attack speed boost and Tornado for power charges and 10% "more damage".

Damage feels amazing, everything gets oneshotted, and attack speed is goat.

Passive tree // PoB

Spoiler
That's the level 100 passive tree: https://pastebin.com/L62E04FH

In order to have it working for level 90ish, you can just drop the impossible escape for 4 points (and stick to 86% all res, which is pretty good as well), and some of the notables which gives less in the Thread Of Hope range, like the attack speed ones or - if you don't have a good lethal pride - the ones in lethal pride range.

Offenses & Defenses

Spoiler

Build has hard time dying, to be honest, and does a LOT of damage.

Defensive Mechanic Explained

The new Impossible Escape Jewel makes us put the points near "Imbalanced Guard" without being connected to the tree, hence it can give ourselves +4% to maximum lightning resistance.

That, combined with Melding Of The Flesh which puts all our maximum resistances to the highest one and Purity Of Lightning with effect of aura stacking to +8%, and a +3% maximum lightning shield gives us:

75% (base) + 8% + 4% +3% = 90% to ALL maximum resistances.

Theoretically a Aegis Aurora could be used for switching to Cold res stacking instead of lightning, but we'd lose up to 40% WED and 17% attack speed OR 5% Double Damage (which is SO GOOD in our build, since we have alot of).

Gear & Gems

Spoiler

All of the gear, besides uniques (omni), has been self crafted.
I could, if there's any more interest, write a more detailed guide on how to craft every piece of gear but the basics are: Recombinators, Veiled chaoses, and Aislings.

1pre-1suf fractures are amongst the easiest items to craft, you can see MULTIPLE, hundreds maybe, of chest like mine, super powerful yet really really easy to craft.

The weapon was one of the most difficult to craft, and I had a very bad roll of losing T1s when recombinating, otherwise would have been almost mirrorable one.

The belt is one of the strongest in the league currently, and for this build it equals if not be better than Mageblood - and it does cost a lost as well (base only was 75ex at the moment i bought).

For the Gem Links, instead, the 6L is just the most damage output you can get, and then we have Molten Shell CWDT low level, Withering Step solo, Whirling Blades, Blood Rage, Phantasmal Ancestral Protector, and then our Auras (Enlighen-Purity Of Lightning-Determination-Wrath on +2 helm),Defiance banner, Precision, and Vaal Haste, Mark On Hit setup (MoH, Sniper's Mark), and Power Charge on Crit setup linked to Increased Critical Strike Chance and Tornado.

Bandits

If you have problems to cap resistances with Melding, Alira is goat.

If you can, instead, kill all. 2 points at level 100 gives more than 15 multi 5 mana regen.

Cost Breakdown

As already written somewhere up, the build is not price friendly.
I mean, it can be, Spectral Throw has one of the nicest feelings out there, and it can start doing T16 early with not-so-much-investment, but to see the true real power behind the idea Omniscience is required, and then scaling everything up with it is expensive.

Costs are taken at the moment of writing, end of June 2022

//

Omniscience: somewhere in the 35Ex range

Weapon: you can start with a 5 Ex claw to be just really good, up to 50/100 Ex claw (like mine) to demolish everything

Shield: I bought mine for 1Ex and Veritania-Slammed the T1 WED (33% to hit), but now those seems more expensive, let's say on the 5Ex range

Body Armour: Those are listed for 30 Exish, but can just be crafted for half the price more or less.

Gloves: To be fair, gloves with double temple + T1 accuracy and High life are so rare that you should just recombine themselves, but can be pricey af. 20Ex at least if not more

Boots: My boots were just lucky. Recombined at random for 3 fractures and hit it 1st time. There's no need to have those. Just 2 fractures with deterministic craft is like 10 to 15 Ex. And they would be as good as mine

Helmet: Again another 1pre-1suf fractures, pretty easy to craft. 10 to max 15Ex

Rings: Same old' story. 1pre-1suf fractures. But you need 1 open pre, for -Mana, i'd say both of them for 30 Ex totals

Belt: This will be difficult. Mageblood is "easier", but synth 18% 14%, or even better 18% 18% attribute (but only base could be almost mirror worthy) gives, to me, 550 Omni. That's a whole 165% total res AND 55% Penetration. It can, and will, cost more than your weapon, and it is the last thing you should minmax, but the gains will be huge.
100-150Ex

Total is about 400Ex for being Top tier, counting in Impossible Escape, Thread of Hope and good Lethal Pride (mine is 15% Double Damage 10% Intimidate).

Words Of Gratitude

I want to say thank you to all the friends I'm making in this community, in particular to the ones which i share my time with in Global and to the guy that made me come back into the game after a very very long break.

Then, build side, I want to leave an extremely good feedback to @Xe0z , Random Noob on youtube, with his Spectral Throw DO-VERY-YES-DMG-WOW build. Speaking with him made myself wanting to write down my experience with the skill and my different approach with a more tanky situation.

His build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3277156

And, last but not least, thank you for reading this and let me know what you think about it and about the writing, i think i'll have many things to improve english-side since it's not my native speaking language.

Keep in touch guys, stay sane!

Last edited by FrosMan on Jun 28, 2022, 10:07:58 AM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2022, 2:25:58 AM
RESERVED
Nice build overall. Had a chance to work with this dude on bosses, and got some services done as I wasn't playing high dps high survi build this league. For sure would recommend build both for mapping and with higher investment - bossing.
Hi, i have a question, I saw that you tried Venom Gyre but switched back to spectral throw do you think spectral throw is better or do you just prefer the skill?
"
Stiv167 wrote:
Nice build overall. Had a chance to work with this dude on bosses, and got some services done as I wasn't playing high dps high survi build this league. For sure would recommend build both for mapping and with higher investment - bossing.

Thank you very much for the feedback, it has been a pleasure to work with you!

"
Lakthor wrote:
Hi, i have a question, I saw that you tried Venom Gyre but switched back to spectral throw do you think spectral throw is better or do you just prefer the skill?

Honestly, VG has a complete different playstyle for me, I am a nostalgic of spectral throw but if there's any interest of switching I can do a VG version, though, in general, i can say that VG is as strong as ST.

There's a "but": you lose prefire on bosses. And prefire on ST is huge
Thanks for the build !
I had much fun playing it even though I have less than half your damage on pob ( what a belt you have >_< !).
Killed uber Shaper and Uber Meaven with it.
I will try a dext-stacking version of ST next time for way more attack speed & damage.
Spectral Throw is still the best ( feeling ) attack in PoE for me !
Cheers !
"
BoOBaZzZz wrote:
Thanks for the build !
I had much fun playing it even though I have less than half your damage on pob ( what a belt you have >_< !).
Killed uber Shaper and Uber Meaven with it.
I will try a dext-stacking version of ST next time for way more attack speed & damage.
Spectral Throw is still the best ( feeling ) attack in PoE for me !
Cheers !

Thank you, instead, for your feedback!

Indeed it is, the feeling is unstoppable.

Next league, with the recombinators gone, Dex stack will not be so much more damage like in this league and, after we'll have every change known i'll update this build as well.

After all, dex stack will be more damage still, but if we cannot do more than double than this damage we do with Omni i think that tankier is better!

Grats on your setup and your kills tho! :)
You mentioned that it could transition into a league starter. Would you be willing to update the guide with a section for 3.19?
Thanks
"
KingKahl wrote:
You mentioned that it could transition into a league starter. Would you be willing to update the guide with a section for 3.19?
Thanks

Of course if there is any request - yours included - I could.

I started with this build last league and, not as smooth as could have been a DD or a seismic for start, it kinda worked and the ability to ramp up everytime you had a new toy was real fun.

Waiting on everything to be released and will update before 19th!
I was hoping to have something else to try alongside Poison Conc this league, and this looks insanely cool. I'd definitely be interested in how well this could run on tighter budget. Either way, I'll see how far I take Poison conc and may consider this depending on how well the league goes for me.
Last edited by cfire999 on Aug 15, 2022, 2:26:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info