Performance getting worse sometimes (CPU latency)

My CPU is also started dying (i7-12700). Absolute garbage performance now (I guess after patch). Thought it was server problems - it sure looked like it - but changing them didn't help.
Problem: Players are having fun in Path of Exile.
Solution: Remove fun.
"
leto2626 wrote:
I have my new pc for a week and had no issues (Intel i7-12700KF + GeForce RTX 3060Ti), and as of today I have some weird stutter everywhere, even in hideout. I have to disable Vsync now or play with a single core for the game to be actually playable. The first option makes my GPU heat up like crazy and the second is like playing on my 7 year old pc.
I hope there will be a fix for this, I don't want to overheat my GPU in the 2nd week I have it just to complete a map.

Vsync Disabled :

Vsync Enabled :

Well, sorry to disappoint you but it doesn't seem that GGG cares to fix this.

This is some weird interaction between most often intel cpu's (yet apparently RYZEN users suffer too) and games handling of multithreading.
My graph looks as crazy as yours when I switch engine multithreading ON. When it's disabled it's pretty even, at least when ur in a HO.
But once you encounter whole puke fest on screen PoE provides... performance takes a massive hit due to disabled M-Threading.

I can't seriously fathom why GGG is ignoring this issue for several months now. They, don't even say anything or respond.

But as I've said somewhere, Hey, they fixed mangled text after several years :D

My advice to you, don't play if you see such graph, there is something very wrong and who knows, PoE might fry something.

This game is not worth it.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jul 1, 2022, 4:37:44 AM
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
I have my new pc for a week and had no issues (Intel i7-12700KF + GeForce RTX 3060Ti), and as of today I have some weird stutter everywhere, even in hideout. I have to disable Vsync now or play with a single core for the game to be actually playable. The first option makes my GPU heat up like crazy and the second is like playing on my 7 year old pc.
I hope there will be a fix for this, I don't want to overheat my GPU in the 2nd week I have it just to complete a map.

Vsync Disabled :

Vsync Enabled :

Well, sorry to disappoint you but it doesn't seem that GGG cares to fix this.

This is some weird interaction between most often intel cpu's (yet apparently RYZEN users suffer too) and games handling of multithreading.
My graph looks as crazy as yours when I switch engine multithreading ON. When it's disabled it's pretty even, at least when ur in a HO.
But once you encounter whole puke fest on screen PoE provides... performance takes a massive hit due to disabled M-Threading.

I can't seriously fathom why GGG is ignoring this issue for several months now. They, don't even say anything or respond.

But as I've said somewhere, Hey, they fixed mangled text after several years :D

My advice to you, don't play if you see such graph, there is something very wrong and who knows, PoE might fry something.

This game is not worth it.

This only happened after last patch. Support send you to the forums and than it just does not get answered.

My high-end PC feels like a 10-year-old. They better start to take care of it. I spend enough on this game ...
I’d like to add onto this thread also as I’m trying to raise awareness that the game is unplayable for quite a few of us. CPU spiking after this patch is horrendous. My CPU graphs are actually worse (80+ms) than what they’re showing here in the screenshots. I also have a very good computer but feels like I’m playing on something 10 years old. Please Please Please rollback this patch the game was playable and I was having a lot of fun now can’t play at all. Been a supporter since I started playing and sincerely asking to please re-consider some of the changes from 3.18.1c.

Thank you.
"
I’d like to add onto this thread also as I’m trying to raise awareness that the game is unplayable for quite a few of us.
Thank you.

Is there anything in the game's log files ?
Last edited by MrVaad on Jul 1, 2022, 1:38:32 PM
Which log file should I be looking in to check for CPU overconsumption? If there’s a specific log I will check relevant timestamps.
I just abruptly disconnect every 2-3 minutes. Doesn't matter what I do, stand in town, stand in HO, map, boss... 2-3 minutes. Crash. No error/warning message... just crash to desktop POE closed.

Someone suggested it was a Multi-threading / AMD cpu issue....

Turned off multi-threading, works fine but can't play because multi-threading off.

Crashed moments after putting Multi-threading back on
Last edited by Rakie1337 on Jul 1, 2022, 4:52:06 PM
same problem alredy try reistall the game dirextx 2 vulkan all same

directx 11
17 12700k
gtx 970
Hello,

I started this league with no issue, my new built PC and the game was running perfectly with Dx12.
I came back from a 3 week break of POE and today the game is running incredibly bad, I just can't play it.. I didn't made a single software nor hardware change in my PC (besides the basic GPU software and some Steam game updates) since the league start.

I have the same issue as everyone else here, CPU spiking from 16ms to 40ms (16ms its fine for me because I'm using DDR5 which have more latency), this is unplayable.. I have tried so many settings and none of them work.

My specs are:
RTX 3080 Ti 12GB
i7 12700KF 3.6GHz
DDR5 32GB 5200MHz
SSD M.2 Samsung 980 1TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe

Day 3 since this game is unplayable for many of us. Constant freezes and crashes ruin the experince, and GGG does nothing about it, not even write a message like" we are aware and working on it". Huge disappointment. Such a problem should be fixed in one day at max, otherwise rollback the patch and let the players play the game and patch later without gamebreaking bugs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info