Help with a map mod question?

There is a map mod "players have elemental equilibrium." I fully understand how that affects "players." What I do not understand is what that map mod does for minions and totems which do not get impacted by map mods that are "player" mods. If a summoner that deals zero player damage or a dual totem player that deals no player damage were to solo a map with the mod of "Players have elemental equilibrium" it seems to me that the mod would be negated since the player does no damage at all and therefore the resistance modifications would never activate.

Does anyone have any definitive knowledge about this? I have not seen this question asked in other threads -- though I have trouble finding things in these forums. When doing solo maps, fully understanding the implication of map mods is rather important.

Respectfully asked,
LoS

Minions are not affected, that's for sure because they are not players.
I think totem damage is affected. Totems use player's damage, you just 'delegate' it to them, you basically modify the spell into a totem form - but it is still your spell damage or attack damage affected by passives applied to your stats that is dealt.
The dual totem passive (forgot the name) might make your spells deal 0 damage unless they're in the totem form, it doesn't sound like it would remove your passives affecting them, though. And elemental equilibrium is just one of the passives.

I'm sorry this is not 100% sure answer, more like a thought on the topic. Devs would have to confirm the mechanics, I guess. However this is my understanding of the problematic.

Edit: I found the post I was thinking about.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The totem is linked to you - it's casting your spells, not it's own. The totem always casts the spell exactly as you would if you cast it at that point.
If you change your applicable bonuses in any way, including by switching weapons, the totem's spells cast from that point will have the new values, just like yours would.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Apr 11, 2013, 3:35:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info