General Discussion the new Beta General Discussion.

So it looks like this section of the forum is slowing dying, I find General Discussion to be much more active.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
It is possibly because the Forum menu has a drop down that goes straight into General.
I only recently discovered this forum existed. Was wondering why I couldn't find the fusing log in general discussion.
I too noticed their roles seem to have reversed. I never did quite get why we had two in the first place.
HAIL SATAN!
I always thought that this forum is to be considered for gameplay related discussions like discussing mechanics. The General Discussion board however is a place where you can show off your new found stuff.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
I always thought that this forum is to be considered for gameplay related discussions like discussing mechanics. The General Discussion board however is a place where you can show off your new found stuff.

Yeah, General is just whatever, discuss anything even remotely POE related. I don't go there much :)
This is the elitist version. The other one is the populist version.

When I start a thread and want all types of crazy reactions (such as my top 20 most skill players list), I put it over there.

When I start a thread and I want to keep the trolls out (Orb of Fusing log), I put it here.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Yeps. Threads in BGD I take a lot more seriously. This is where the minutiae of mechanics are discussed, price checks made, research done.

GD is the first stop for newcomers (as someone mentioned, it has a drop-down option) and as such is pretty...well, crap at times. A lot of my 'job' is moving things from GD, usually to BF but occasionally more specific boards.

I very rarely move from GD to BGD but when I do I make sure the thread is somewhat veritable.

There is no way you should view GD as the new BGD. They serve very different roles. Unfortunately the forum is still in CB mode and needs one helluvan overhaul. We need a discussion of mechanics board, discussion of trading (but not actually trading) board -- this will be easier once we have that fabled 'web-based trading' system in play -- and GD can remain GD.

BGD is a bit of a relic but I still see its role as vital, even if the name is antiquated and seems to overlap with GD.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
Charan wrote:
A lot of my 'job' is moving things...

We need a... discussion of trading (but not actually trading) board
Good luck with that one.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
A lot of my 'job' is moving things...

We need a... discussion of trading (but not actually trading) board
Good luck with that one.

No shit. :) At first I said a price check board, but that'd be just as ugly.

Either way. Restructure is required.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info