Going from last-gen to next gen Question.

Hi. Short Questtion currently i play on PS4 but its not enjoyable after you cleared all acts because of performance, so i wanna go next gen and i thought about going xbox series s since im very sure Ps5 or XBSX wont be buyable for another year. But now i wanna know if there is any way to migrate atleast all my purchases (stabstabs etc) from ps4 to xbox or do i have to buy a ps5 that doesnt even support 1440p.

I get the point if i have to but i also dont wanna buy everything again if there is cross-console play. So can i transform my ps4 account to an xbox account somehow?
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2022, 8:44:17 AM
I'm not a GGG employee, but I can tell you that there is no crossplay or cross-purchase at this time.

If you switch from PS to XBox (or vice-versa), you'll be starting fresh, no MTX/tabs/characters/etc.

Same goes for PC -> Console or vice versa.

And, even though I phrase it "at this time", GGG has never said they're planning on it either, AFAIK.

Also... do you understand how fanboy/wars the 1440p comment is? You're clearly not gaming in 1440p now on your PS4. Neither the original nor the Pro supports it as a native resolution. If you're using a 1440p monitor with your PS4, you're either upscaling 1080 or downscaling 4k. And the PS5 will do the same thing. Although it does beg the question, why did you buy a 1440p monitor for use with a PS4?

If you've got a 4K TV (or monitor), the PS5 will happily output 4k or 1080p to that.

And, just in case anyone reading this doesn't know already, 4k is higher resolution than 1440p. 4k is 2160p.

99% of players are either at 1080p (or lower) or at 4k. Only the very PC-gamer-types want to play at 1440p.

All that said, I do think they should software patch 1440 support on PS5, and they probably will, if people keep brining it up.

And, finally, I play on PS5, and the game runs great on PS5. I've heard it runs just fine on XSS (still miles better than previous gen) and that XSX is basically equal performance with PS5.
hey first of all thanks for your reply, i didnt bought my monitor to use the ps4 but after i had used the console once on it i figured out that i have a massive inputlag using my tv. so yeah. thats the reason.

i thought console plays with other console (ps4 + ps5 + xbox1 + xboxs/sx). Nvm then then my question is even more stupid. But ansking a question is Free so i did. :) have a nice day.
"
W33dc0bra- wrote:
hey first of all thanks for your reply, i didnt bought my monitor to use the ps4 but after i had used the console once on it i figured out that i have a massive inputlag using my tv. so yeah. thats the reason.

i thought console plays with other console (ps4 + ps5 + xbox1 + xboxs/sx). Nvm then then my question is even more stupid. But ansking a question is Free so i did. :) have a nice day.

To be fully clear, all Playstation players are together in a group, and all the XBox players are together in different group.

There's full crossplay between PS4 and PS5.

There's full crossplay between XB1 and XSX/XSS.

But there's no crossplay between Playstation and XBox, or between PC and any console.

The multigeneration crossplay sort of has to exist, because there's only one client on each side. If you play on PS5, you're playing a "PS4 game". Same deal on XBox. They're both using backwards compatibility.
Last edited by QQPQ on Apr 26, 2022, 3:42:09 PM
I'd prefer to buy the new xbox because playstation just doesn't have any games that interest me anymore but I'm kinda stuck on the playstation because of accounts hard locked to the platform, which really sucks. POE isn't the only game I'd have to lose everything if I made the switch. Consumers just have it rough now, forced to stay on a platform they don't want to be on anymore if they want to keep accounts they've spent lots of money on and thousands of hours on.
I have xbox series S, about its performance on path of exile, I have nothing to complain about. There will be loading of maps or new instances in an average of 5 seconds, occasionally, it may crash on a full delirium map with 4 sextants and 4 scarabs,this happens infrequently, once or twice a day.
Remembering that I play in 1080p, so I don't know the PoE performance in 4k would be worse.

About Mtx you will have to buy everything again, of course every 15 days there are tab promotions.
Last edited by DaniloPaiva on Apr 30, 2022, 4:51:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info