[3.18] Elemental Hit Build | Deadeye | Sentinel | Path of Exile 3.18

Hey guys, here is the elemental hit deadeye build. Using Quill Rain because of the new bow mastery point "Increases and Reductions to Projectile Speed also apply to Damage with Bows". Getting some projectile speed from tree, quiver and Quill Rain of course. Since we get Far Shot from ascendancy, positioning is the key for this build. You have to keep your distance with enemy to deal maximum damage.

I also have a wander version of this build: https://youtu.be/k5sp2BdNLGM

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

The Interrogation: Adds Secrets of Suffering
With Secrets of Suffering our critical strikes inflict Scorch, Brittle and Sapped but we cannot Ignite, Chill, Freeze or Shock. This is fine because we can apply shock and chill with skitterbots and ignite with flame golem - combustion. Elemental hit deals 10% more Damage per Elemental Ailment on the Enemy. That's the whole point of stacking elemental ailments.

Far Shot: Far Shot modifier grants Projectile Attack Hits deal 20% less Damage to targets at the start of their movement, dealing up to 60% more Damage to targets as the projectile travels farther.

Leveling: Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/g5JnjdAD

Build Video: https://youtu.be/POP3r1AzHB0

Bandits: Kill All (Alira is fine too)

3.18 CHANGES:
- No Changes

(Footage is from 3.17)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Elemental Hit - Elemental Damage with Attacks (Awakened) - Trinity - Inspiration (Divergent) - Hypothermia - Barrage (Chain for clear)

Summon Skitterbots - Vaal Grace - Precision - Enlighten (Lvl 3) / Blink Arrow

Asenath's Chant:
Hydrosphere - Sniper's Mark - Power Charge On Critical - Onslaught (Anomalous)

Ensnaring Arrow - Mirage Archer - Greater Multiple Projectiles / Flame Dash

Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - Cast when Damage Taken / Summon Flame Golem - Combustion
Last edited by wishdropper on May 26, 2022, 6:45:30 AM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2022, 7:04:58 PM
would it be a good league starter?
Which would you say is the best version overall? This or the wander?
zzz
anyone trying this build out?
I'm playing this build as my first ranged build, it's going good so far, just reached A7
"
Man_of_Milk wrote:
I'm playing this build as my first ranged build, it's going good so far, just reached A7

Nice can you let me know how mapping goes with it? I tempted to switch into it.
"Projectile travel distance: 999999"

sure bro, let me just kill Shaper while i stand in Lioneye's Watch...

i dont get why you PoB-warrior your build. Anyway... damage itself is fine without this ridiculous modifier, there are other weird quirks, like using an Ensnaring Arrow Mirage Archer setup, using Flame Dash AND Blink Arrow or not having a clearing setup and instead relying solely on the singletarget barrage ele hit setup for clear. but all in all its a fine build.

but the Projectile travel distance modifier to bolster PoB numbers is just complete bait for new players
How does barrage and EE interact here?
I thought only first shot of barrage gets EE's lower resistance benefit

Does this build have something that overcomes this net loss DPS due to barrage/EE?

Also, are there any alternatives to the amulet?
"
Zambajazz wrote:
"Projectile travel distance: 999999"

sure bro, let me just kill Shaper while i stand in Lioneye's Watch...

i dont get why you PoB-warrior your build. Anyway... damage itself is fine without this ridiculous modifier, there are other weird quirks, like using an Ensnaring Arrow Mirage Archer setup, using Flame Dash AND Blink Arrow or not having a clearing setup and instead relying solely on the singletarget barrage ele hit setup for clear. but all in all its a fine build.

but the Projectile travel distance modifier to bolster PoB numbers is just complete bait for new players

FYI if you put it to 70 it's nets the same damage numbers. Projectule distance modifiers max out at 70 range which if you using far show. I'm adjust a few things in this guys build and will be posting my character once I swap to it. Just getting gear ready. It isn't a budget friendly build though.
"
riperdyz wrote:
How does barrage and EE interact here?
I thought only first shot of barrage gets EE's lower resistance benefit

Does this build have something that overcomes this net loss DPS due to barrage/EE?

Also, are there any alternatives to the amulet?

With the new EE it doesn't get the "negative damage" what happens is the exposes changing after each hit. Since this buidl is based on high ATTACK SPEED and Projectile Speed you do get a benefit from it. Mind you EE is better for clearing with chain support. (Just remember the down side to EE is not it removes exposure not that the same element does less damage).

I would use recomb on amulets to try to get +1 skills Crit Multi and Life. After that any mods are fine. It's pretty cheap to make the amulet in this league so don't fall for the ones selling for 2ex plus.

I would do it like this -

Buy Amulet with following mods :
Life
+1 Fire/Cold/Light
Buy Second Amulet with
Attributes
Crit Multi

Use a Recombonator and rebuy an amulet base you need based on the mods you get.
Last edited by artora on May 20, 2022, 3:28:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info