Introducing Kirac's Vault Pass

"
NecroKnight wrote:
So let me get this straight. You want us to pay 30 bucks for cosmetic items that you can only get when you complete a time limited League.
Meaning that if for some reason you don't do it in time you won't get all of the items you just paid the "small" amount of 30$.

GGWP, greed and FOMO in one.

Can't believe there are people defending this.

Yeah, it's ridiculous and a thinly veiled attempt to force retention rates + get even more money.

If GGG had my respect beforehand, they sure lost it now.
know a cashgrab when I see it
I've always wonder why they don't have a pass of some sort! Great Idea imo. I like to support the company who makes good product! This league /expansion has been amazing! Gonna be buying this pass!

Please continue the good work, more skins, and rewards. People complaining are not real fans of the game and just reddit hive mind. No reason to get angry over a battle pass for cosmetics it's not mandatory.. it's like walking in a store and getting angry they got cheese for sell but they don't have the cheese you want so you want them all removed.

nonsensical no ground to stand on for any argument about cosmetic battlepass, as they are not required to enjoy the game or even play the game. If you think the skins are not good and not worth the price then don't buy it simple as that.

I've purchased battlepass in many games and often times not even reach the full reward. This is pretty simple to reach if you want it for the ultimate item such as a headhunter. I'm a big fan of skin transfer on my final builds!
Last edited by momonami5 on Feb 28, 2022, 5:34:48 PM
I would have zero problem putting in $30 during the leagues I play for some kind of pass. However I would use NONE of these cosmetics in my current build and probably not most in any future build.

I have played many mmo and online game and almost zero with a cosmetic only model survive or thrive. Games need to make money to prosper and develop well.

I buy all the tabs but there is a limit to how many tabs I actually need.

I buy some cosmetics occasionally and occasionally I buy the packs. However I do not even really care about any of this, I like the game so I buy them even though I do not really want them.

If you want me to buy battle passes offer some kind of useful function. Like being able to dump my inventory into my stash with a single click. Add access to a bandoleer of like 10 extra slots to hold mapping currency for strongboxes and portal scrolls and id scrolls that wont get dumped into stash. Add a way to auction even a single item at a time. Add an in-game way to easily trade currency items so I dont have to make ten attempts to exchange a single exalt for chaos or buy 100 oils when I only need one.

Even if this battle pass had a cosmetic I could actually use, it would not really seem worth it. Cosmetics are good but not what gets me to spend. Function > vanity.

I like poe enough that if given a good enough incentive I could spend 100-300 more a year on it. The f2p players probably would hate this but that is only because they hold onto a convenient and self serving anti-p2w ideology. People who whine about having to pay for games are fools who usually destroy any company that actually listens to them. Anyone who wants there games to improve and grow and get better should want the people making them to make truckloads of cash so they can keep doing that. There is of course plenty of examples of taking p2w way to far, and there are plently of examples of that. But the simple reality is people will pay for function and boost 100x more than cosmetics. I used to be against any level of p2w then I seen game after game either die or stagnate when they fail to earn and just as many die becasue they over monetize everything.

Not a fan of this price point nor the general trajectory of this business practice. This delves into terrible FOMO practices and is absolutely among the worst monetization practices of the industry.

GGG, titans can fall. Good will can be lost.This battle pass won't be the end of PoE, but don't let it be the first domino in that line.

PS: Also, how is it, 2 leagues in a row, it feels like you've completely abandoned the league? These bare minimum changes are pitiful. Archnem has absolutely failed outside of league start and MAYBE ssf? It is a mechanic that both feels and plays like a complete afterthought. I dunno honestly, but please, do better. At least, communicate. Radio silence since you guys went into crisis mode on 3.15.
Nice joke, GGG.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Why the fuck is everyone crying? no1 is forcing you to buy, it DOES NOT give you any items or power in game, its just visual, i think its cool if you have the money to spend, stop crying about everything
I wish that aurora effect would be like side effect that would flash using ANY shield skin.
Between the poor content quality of leagues, their follow up on performance and stability issues, and overall lack and increasingly distant stance with the community this is discouraging.

What implications does this have for future revenue and monetization of this game.

[Removed by Support]
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Last edited by Al_GGG on Mar 17, 2022, 4:27:02 PM
uf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info