Question about following guides

So the last time I played PoE was doing the metamorphosis league. I ended up with a level 97 necro before I moved on. That was done on my pc, I had been planning on trying this league out before exactly 2 days before it dropped my computer completely died. It was old and the mother board just gave up on me. I don’t have the money to get a new one just yet so I started playing the Xbox version.

So I’ve been following as best as I can a poison concoction pathfinder. The issue is almost everyone uses PoB for their build guides. The few that link to the website I can’t seem to get to work properly on my phone. So for the few that may be in my shoes with no computer how have you guys checked out league starters. I’m definitely not experienced enough to go in blind as this is only my second league ever.
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2022, 4:24:24 PM
I use poeplanner.com for mobile build planning. It should be able to
Import PoB links, though I haven’t tried it myself.
"
Freykin wrote:
I use poeplanner.com for mobile build planning. It should be able to
Import PoB links, though I haven’t tried it myself.

Yeah its my go to as well though it does have some limits.

Poe planner does import PoB links and will show the passive tree (doesn't show cluster jewels.) It has trouble with importing gear from PoB links and that usually fails (for me at least.) which means you can't see details of gem links either.

You can work around the gear thing if you need to by finding the guide character on the Poe forum and doing a gear import only with one of the other import options. You can only do that if you also know the account name and they have characters public.

If there is a written guide I don't usually bother with the gear issue and just refer back to the guide as needed.

For straight passive tree pathing I think poeplanner is the best option us mobile folks have.
Thanks for the replies poeplanner seems to do pretty well. Since this post I have given up on the poison concoction build and switched to a necro build by someone named Kay. They had everything so well written it’d be hard to mess up along with a guide video and a leveling video to help the process. I never die but unfortunately I feel the build is a little boring tbh the last necro I played hasn’t been updated since 3.14 which was a ton of fun.

I really wanted to like poison concoction though but the targeting system on the console version is a little rough especially when you have to kite around which if you’re not facing the monsters directly or standing still you throw the flasks either the wrong way or way over the monster. Is there anyway to target lock possibly especially against bosses. It doesn’t matter as much against the trash since in high density you’re going to hit some no matter which way you throw.

Found a 6 link bow and a 6 link chest piece was thinking about trying a bow build for fun once I’ve farmed a little more with a necro, but is the targeting issue a problem for bows as well? Explosive arrow seems popular so I’d probably go that route

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info