3.17 Cyclone Firestorm Inquisitor

This is an early WIP build for 3.17. I have rarely ever seen this build played, and I would like to finally see some people try it out, seeing as firestorm is generally seen as weak or meme build. However with the changes coming in 3.17 there is plenty of ways to take this build, which is extremely strong already and make it even stronger, such as with the new Annihilating Light Staff.

Below is a useable PoB updated for 3.17

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/TwM0RabM

There are very few examples of what this build looks like or can do, however here is an example. Of course don't follow any of this guys builds, their all really expensive and usually using standard gear.

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0KDxa5-OxE

In the future I think I will try the Annihilating Light Staff, if I can get around the resistance penalty. If I can, I think this will be super strong, and super easy to play this league for clearing all content, except maybe Maven, cause I suck at Memory Game, and I'm not sure it can dish out that much damage, but we will see.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Feb 6, 2022, 6:45:04 AM
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2023, 6:12:04 PM
Dude. Saw videos, must try!

PoB soon? Thanks for the info!
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Will make a POB when it gets updated.

This sounds pretty neat, but I have no clue what the entry gear would be.
"
Rippster wrote:

Updated with a pre-update POB. Be aware that damage calcs are incorrect, and gem info is not updated to 3.17 changes.

"
Throttlezz wrote:

The great thing about cyclone is it doesn't really have any required entry gear. This build uses staffs, so you will want a staff eventually. But you can level with ground slam, sunder, or what ever you want, and swap to cyclone later as you get gear. Most people don't like cyclone at 28, but I switch asap. You can start off with searing touch at 18 and then swap to martyr of innocence at 52. Any staff with spell damage, fire damage, and fire damage to spells is good early. You can craft with essences as well. Your weapon itself can do no damage at all, as long as it has stats to make firestorm stronger. Of course get resists where ever you can. This is a relax, get currency, and buy upgrades or make your own as you can. With the new atlas passive tree, there is going to be so many more options for getting currency, farming your own gear, and so on. The new abyss stuff allows you to get 5 and 6 stat jewels, which is very strong. All the rogue exiles and torment stuff means plenty of drops that could be useful. There is essence galore to try and craft something nice. If anything you can even spec into delirium specifically to get your own cluster jewels. Don't worry to much about not being able to get the gear, because it will come.

The most difficult item to get is Leadership's Price, an amulet from Heist. I believe the only way to get it is from the "Time-Lost Relic" divination card.

"
Jgizle wrote:

This is an early WIP build for 3.17. I have rarely ever seen this build played, and I would like to finally see some people try it out, seeing as firestorm is generally seen as weak or meme build. However with the changes coming in 3.17 there is plenty of ways to take this build, which is extremely strong already and make it even stronger, such as with the new Annihilating Light Staff.

Below is a useable PoB. It doesn't have any of the updated skill values for 3.17. It also does not calculate Scorched & Brittle (which multiplies the damage significantly, up to 13M on paper DPS in 3.15 which is what I am updating this build from). Likewise Firestorm today is different from Firestorm in the past. Each Flaming Bolt has a larger AoE when it lands, meaning more overlapping damage when you stop cycloning and triggering first impacts. The frequency of impacts makes calculating actual firestorm DPS difficult, but it is significantly higher than what you will see in game, as the in game damage tooltip is per Flaming Bolt. With Battlemage from Martyr of Innocence & the nearly 200 increased flat fire damage on firestorm, it is already going to be much stronger than when I last played it in 3.15, despite the nerfs to some support gems. Not even counting the new mods we can get on gear from new end game content currency.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/dqnRfgiX

There are very few examples of what this build looks like or can do, however here is an example. Of course don't follow any of this guys builds, their all really expensive and usually using standard gear.

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0KDxa5-OxE

In the future I think I will try the Annihilating Light Staff, if I can get around the resistance penalty. If I can, I think this will be super strong, and super easy to play this league for clearing all content, except maybe Maven, cause I suck at Memory Game, and I'm not sure it can dish out that much damage, but we will see.

Nice build... is that a league start one?? or would be to expensive for a no experienced player use as starter??
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
Rippster wrote:

Updated with a pre-update POB. Be aware that damage calcs are incorrect, and gem info is not updated to 3.17 changes.

"
Throttlezz wrote:

The great thing about cyclone is it doesn't really have any required entry gear. This build uses staffs, so you will want a staff eventually. But you can level with ground slam, sunder, or what ever you want, and swap to cyclone later as you get gear. Most people don't like cyclone at 28, but I switch asap. You can start off with searing touch at 18 and then swap to martyr of innocence at 52. Any staff with spell damage, fire damage, and fire damage to spells is good early. You can craft with essences as well. Your weapon itself can do no damage at all, as long as it has stats to make firestorm stronger. Of course get resists where ever you can. This is a relax, get currency, and buy upgrades or make your own as you can. With the new atlas passive tree, there is going to be so many more options for getting currency, farming your own gear, and so on. The new abyss stuff allows you to get 5 and 6 stat jewels, which is very strong. All the rogue exiles and torment stuff means plenty of drops that could be useful. There is essence galore to try and craft something nice. If anything you can even spec into delirium specifically to get your own cluster jewels. Don't worry to much about not being able to get the gear, because it will come.

The most difficult item to get is Leadership's Price, an amulet from Heist. I believe the only way to get it is from the "Time-Lost Relic" divination card.

Awesome, thanks!

Question, I saw in the video he was running Chaos Inoculation, are you planning on creating an end game build for that? I'm thinking CI would work great for this build.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Feb 4, 2022, 9:41:28 AM
Hey Hi,
im new to this game but the pastebin link doesnt work for me. COuld u help me out guys? It says Error: In 'OnFrame': Modules/Build.lua:160: attempt to index field 'mainOutput' (a nil value) strack traceback...
How can i fix this?
"
Lfprocc wrote:
Hey Hi,
im new to this game but the pastebin link doesnt work for me. COuld u help me out guys? It says Error: In 'OnFrame': Modules/Build.lua:160: attempt to index field 'mainOutput' (a nil value) strack traceback...
How can i fix this?

Same here, error message.
"
Jgizle wrote:

I think the damage will be good, he's really melting stuff in the video. My concern is the defense, will it be enough to do stuff like Maven. It's difficult to tell from PoE Planner so hopefully the PoB will be working soon.
Last edited by Rippster on Feb 4, 2022, 9:54:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info