[3.20] Shockwave Cyclone Build (League Starter) | Slayer | Forbidden Sanctum | Path of Exile 3.20

"
WhoMans wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Pretty similar advice to the guy above. The top part of the tree is a trap - you get way more dps and survival by focusing on the bottom side.

OP has some strange choices in terms of points spent, check my tree for some better pathing and node choices.

Cheap upgrades would be amulet w/ multi, some new jewels and crown of the inward eye.

After that, either a crit chest, or Ryslatha's, both can be had under a few ex.

Will play about in PoB and see what I can do, yeah I was looking at Ryslatha's, just trying to manage resists and attributes (surprising how dex starved I am).

I've also been a bit paranoid with regards to accuracy and making sure my hit chance is 100%, should I still do that or is anything above %95 good enough? Especially if it means sacraficing attack speed, crit, res rolls on gear?

Is moving to cluster jewels worth while as well? Or is that for when you get the heist base and start investing a bit on power charges?

Cluster jewels are 5-10ex a pop, so when you have 40ex you want to drop, then switch.

Isnt worth otherwise, the crappy ones arent better than the standard tree.

For accuracy, you should be capped with just precision and the accuracy nodes on the tree. You dont need much/any on gear.
"
TheMopped1337 wrote:
im playing this build atm and its a lot of fun. :D
i want to upgrade this build with cluster jewels but i dont know which points i should remove for the cluster jewels skillpoints

can someone post a skill tree with cluster jewels for this build pls?

Not worth unless you have a huge budget - 40ex+ to spend on good clusters. Check PoB Ninja for a bunch of them.
Hey BeerLeague, I'm looking at your skill tree and liked removing the top ones for staves - I respecced it to look more similarly to yours. Was wondering what your thoughts were on removing the leeching nodes at the bottom? Do we not need any leeching in the build?
"
Melkarid wrote:
Hey BeerLeague, I'm looking at your skill tree and liked removing the top ones for staves - I respecced it to look more similarly to yours. Was wondering what your thoughts were on removing the leeching nodes at the bottom? Do we not need any leeching in the build?

totally un-needed. You hit the cap w/ the .4% from the ascendency and Blood Rage. Any points on the tree are wasted
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
TheMopped1337 wrote:
i want to upgrade this build with cluster jewels but i dont know which points i should remove for the cluster jewels skillpoints

Not worth unless you have a huge budget - 40ex+ to spend on good clusters. Check PoB Ninja for a bunch of them.

alright, thanks for your help!
i looked in to your skill tree, is your tree better?
you play without the unique helmet and without the warstaff

sry for all the questions its my first time cyclone :D
Last edited by TheMopped1337 on Feb 16, 2022, 5:32:50 PM
"
TheMopped1337 wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
TheMopped1337 wrote:

Abyssus is pretty bad unless you dont mind dying once or twice a map. Personally I hate using it, but its a personal call.

You can buy a better staff for 15c.
"
TheMopped1337 wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
TheMopped1337 wrote:

Missed the question about the tree, yes its better. more dps, more life.

I've written guides for cyclone in the past and played a ton of it. The top part of the tree that OP takes is a total trap.
I tried this build, but I've gotten to level 61 or so (still working through the campaign) but I'm just not having fun. I keep dying to blue mobs and I feel like I'm just not dealing much damage, so combat feels like it takes forever. I'll be honest- the novelty of Ground Slam kinda wore off after the first 10-15 levels and now it just feels like it does nothing. I have no doubt everything gets better once you hit 68 and switch to the Cyclone setup, but for now I'm done with this build. Thanks for the guide and YouTube video- I did follow it religiously (albeit with one small mistake in the skill tree)
"
butchthedoggy wrote:
I tried this build, but I've gotten to level 61 or so (still working through the campaign) but I'm just not having fun. I keep dying to blue mobs and I feel like I'm just not dealing much damage, so combat feels like it takes forever. I'll be honest- the novelty of Ground Slam kinda wore off after the first 10-15 levels and now it just feels like it does nothing. I have no doubt everything gets better once you hit 68 and switch to the Cyclone setup, but for now I'm done with this build. Thanks for the guide and YouTube video- I did follow it religiously (albeit with one small mistake in the skill tree)

No idea why he suggests waiting till 60, you can swap to cyclone at 24.
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Any chance you could post your PoB when you get a moment? So far, after changing trees, my damage and life is less than my current version with similar eff hit pool/taken numbers. I'm also overcapped on impale chance, and while purity of elements and its ailment immunity is big, is it worth giving up Determination and Flesh and Stone to fit it in?

Also, how are you able to deal with mana without a flask, -mana cost chest or the channeling cost crafts. Is it safe just relying on mana leech?

Again, your tree might end up producing better numbers once I change a bit of my gear and maybe move around some skills.

I've noticed one of your masteries is reduced reflected phys, even though our ascendency makes us immune to phys reflect (and I believe impale which is nice), speaking of reflect immune, I was thinking of giving up enduring cry, and having a steelskin CWDT (molten shell makes ele reflect maps sketchy), and will allow me to have faster attacks lifetap leap slam setup. Lastly, whats the thought process behind having lifetap linked to the MoH/Assassin's Mark setup if it doesn't directly deal damage, and having lifetap linked to Leap Slam instead offers a nice mana QoL?

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to make any bad mistake with so little currency to fix it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info