Laundry list of sound problems from the new patch

The sounds are a complete mess following the patch.

Item Filter sounds often do not play at all - I tested this with a mirror drop, and I would have completely missed it had it dropped while running a map.
Item Filter sounds often only play partially
Item Filter sounds play incorrectly in only 1 ear at times
Item Filter sounds are often delayed, sometimes up to 10 seconds
Sound Alert from whispers always delayed, up to 10 seconds
Expedition explosions are absurdly loud

Please fix these sound issues ASAP
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2022, 1:38:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
can second this - sounds appear late and sometimes dont happen at all, something is wrong with it
Yarp, balance of custom drop sounds is out of whack as well. Custom sounds used to play centered. Now they seem positional but completely random (100% left or 100% right balance, even if you drop an item in the center at your character's feet)
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
I am not getting any whisper sounds while alt-tabbed anymore
There was a small update recently. All of the previous problems still remain.

Can confirm the issues with custom sounds as well.

Essence drop sounds from essence mobs always take over 10 seconds, sometimes 20 seconds.
Last edited by Swirley2424 on Jan 24, 2022, 9:17:17 PM
After more testing I have noticed that my custom sounds, or any item filter sounds will only work properly in rare situations. I have to be in a portion of the map or boss room with not much going on around me, and I have to be basically perfectly still for the sounds to work in their entirety.
"
Swirley2424 wrote:
The sounds are a complete mess following the patch.

Item Filter sounds often do not play at all - I tested this with a mirror drop, and I would have completely missed it had it dropped while running a map.
Item Filter sounds often only play partially
Item Filter sounds play incorrectly in only 1 ear at times
Item Filter sounds are often delayed, sometimes up to 10 seconds
Sound Alert from whispers always delayed, up to 10 seconds
Expedition explosions are absurdly loud

Please fix these sound issues ASAP

Thanks for your report, we're looking into these.
Yup, sound is really messed up. I play almost muted sound, only item filter and chat alert volume slider bars are on. I'm listening talk show podcast when i play and now i'm hearing in mid conversation weird deep voice screams, explosions (expedition) and hisses (spiders crawling from deep). What an unpleasant sound update.
I usually play with only item filter alert volume up, and everything else off. I get some random sounds now, seems death sounds from spiders (blight) and scorpions (Atoll Map) and im sure lots more. Also sounded like the lightning tower made some sound as well.
Also Heist monster sounds are acting weird. I have everything at 0% except Master volume, but now for some reason I can hear monsters and they are super creepy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info