+ Good Boss Killer

- Requires High Level
- Cluster Jewels are needed to deal good damage and to stack more auras
- Not a league started

Mandatory Items:
Shaper's touch
Cospri's Malice

PoBs:
https://pastebin.com/4sk7kq8u - 89 Level 4.4Mil, Insane tank with Grace and Ghost Dance
https://pastebin.com/wt4MhjL9 - 89 Level 5.7Mil, Hatred instead of Grace
https://pastebin.com/rdz1ujUa - 89 Level 11.3Mil, Awakened gems, Bottled Faith and Thread of Hope
https://pastebin.com/yLTqT7ZA - 98 Level 15.2Mil, 52% CDR, Rare Armour/Helmet/Ele Tailwind/Onslaught Boots (Forgot to enable Elusive in Conf)

Mechanics:
Cast On Critical requires Attack skill with high Hit change and Critical change so it can trigger linked spells with a internal cooldown of 150ms but to trigger it optimally we will need to balance our attack rate as well.

Cyclone is our choice for attack skill it's perfect for the job as it's movement attack with high number of attacks per second.

With cooldown recovery rate(CDR for short) we can lower the cooldown, here is a table with the necessary cooldown recovery rate and attack rate(AR) to trigger our spell optimally for single weapon:
CDR - AR
0% - 6.06
14%+ - 7.57
52%+ - 10.10

Explained in details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

I would recommend sticking with 14% until you have currency and you want to spend it somewhere.

If you want to achieve 52% cooldown recovery we will need Awakened Cast on Critical Support gem since he provides us 22% CDR and we can use Rare Shaper Belt or Shaper Boost for the rest if you don't want to waste 2 item slots for CDR, we can use combination of
Critical Mastery for +3 to Level of all Critical Support Gems
Skins of the Loyal +1 level / Skin of the Lords +2 levels
corrupted level 6 Awakened Cast on Critical Support

to get the gem to level 9 which will provide us with 34% CDR and we can easily make it above 52% with 18%-20% on our belt or boots
(Would recommend the belt slot since we can use rare boots with Tailwind and Onslaught to get to the desired attack rate once we have the CDR).

Hit chance:
We want to get 95% or more, we mainly get that from our gloves by stacking intelligence. Ice golem is a big help here we also can use Precision aura on level 1-3 for couple of percentage for low mana reservation cost.

Critical chance:
Well this is 1 of our most important stats since without it our spells will not trigger so to achieve as much Critical as possible we are going to be Inquisitor because he have this Ascendancy passive:
Righteous Providence - "1% increased Critical Strike Chance per point of Strength or Intelligence, whichever is lower" meaning we are going to stack strength and intelligence at the same time which combines perfectly with Shaper's touch gloves.
Assassin's Mark on a ring will help us a ton here
Power charges from Freezing pulse + Power Charge On Critical combo
Diamond Flask of Incision - Insane amount of Critical chance for a flask also gives more critical chance than Bottled Faith

Mana Cost:
Since patch 3.15 Expedition league we need to pay the mana cost of trigger skills to solve this issue we are going to use some of the following options:
Inspiration Support
Replica Conqueror's Efficiency (Crimson Jewel)
Vivinsect (Unset Ring) its great but we need to corrupt some items or buy corrupted versions of the items
Militant Faith (Timeless Jewel) with 1% reduced Mana Cost of Skills per 10 Devotion
Ring Prefix Craft for Non-Channelling Skills have -X to Total Mana Cost
Watcher's Eye (Prismatic Jewel) with Non-Channelling Skills have -X to Total Mana Cost while affected by Clarity
Enduring Mana flask if needed

With all of that in mind we still want our main skill Ice Spear to have some mana cost so we can get the inspiration changes that increase our damage.

Resistances:
It's a bit hard to get resistances on this build with so many unique items but we are managing by using Purity of Elements aura, Passives on the tree (Sanctuary wheel, Faith and Steel, Holy Dominion), small passives on cluster jewels and Militant Faith (Timeless Jewel) with +x% to all Elemental Resistances per 10 Devotion

Defensive layers:
Armour - We are using Determination and Granite Flask of the Armadillo which provides us a lot of Armour that will give us % physical damage reduction and we will also combine it with:
Molten shell - 20% of our Armour will be applied as a shield up-to 10k shield from which 75% of following damage is taken before Life or Energy Shield
Aegis Aurora (Champion Kite Shield) - "Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block" with 50k armour that's 1k energy shield replenished not recovered/regened that's instant, combined with Glancing Blows, Tempest shield, Sanctuary wheel and Arcane Guarding wheel on the passive tree we will be capped at 75% attack/75% spell block.

Mana reservation efficiency:
Since we must get Purity of Elements, Discipline, Determination and Tempest Shield to get our defences up we will need to get as much mana reservation efficiency as possible from the tree, clusters and anointment.

From the tree we will get the Sovereignty wheel and Influence wheel
From anointment we will get Charisma for additional 16%
From clusters Small Cluster Jewel with 3 passives that give 6% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills and some of those Notables depending on which auras you use: Self-Control for Discipline, Uncompromising for Determination, Sublime Form for Grace , Spiteful Presence for Hatred.

If you have currency and want to push for more auras you can get Elevated Mana Reservation Efficiency mod on a helmet from Redeemer influence.

Gear:
Armour:
Skin of the Loyal(Can't change colours)/Lords(Gems need to be corrupted), Grasping Mail(60 breach rings)with 100% increase defences mod
Helmet:
Crown of the Inward Eye, Rare with Increased mana reservation efficiency
For lab enchant we want Ice Spear fires an additional Projectile
Belt: Rare with increased Cooldown Recovery Rate and Strength. How to craft: We can craft one by using Shaper influenced item level 84 Crystal Belt and Deafening Essence of Rage and spamming them until we hit the increased Cooldown Recovery Rate
Gloves: Shaper's Touch just amazing since we are stacking Strength and Intelligence to get high Critical chance
Weapon: Cospri's Malice (Jewelled Foil)
Shield: Aegis Aurora (Champion Kite Shield)
Boots: The Stampede (Assassin's Boots) with Heartseeker anointment, Rare boots with Tailwind/Onslaught/Elusive
Rings: Vivinsect (Unset Ring) and Rare ring with Assassin's Mark when you Hit, Strength and Intelligence

Gem Links:
Cyclone, Cast On Critical Strike, Ice spear, Inspiration, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Cold Damage
Ice spear - Is a great spell but it shines the brightest when it's the Anomalous alternate version of the skill providing us pierce that helps us with the map clear
Cyclone - Perfect skill for Cast On Critical it's movement attack with high attack rate
Inspiration - Is a must it gives us Supported Skills have (25–34)% reduced Mana Cost after the changes this is our saviour

Later we can upgrade to the awakened versions of the support gems: Awakened Cast On Critical Strike, Awakened Greater Multiple Projectiles and Awakened Added Cold Damage

Vortex, Bonechill, Arcane surge
We combine Vortex with Bonechill for "Enemies Chilled by Supported Skills increase Cold Damage taken by Chill Effect" which we can use on bosses
Arcane surge is great addition if Vortex has mana cost we can leave it at level 1 for easy trigger

Molten Shell + Cast when Damage Taken or place Molten Shell on left click instead of move it will trigger every time when you move

Ice golem - For the Accuracy and Critical that we so badly need we can add Minion Life Support so the golem staying alive. Anomalous alternative version is great with increased Buff Effect

Freezing pulse, Power Charge On Critical , Greater Multiple Projectiles
We want to use this combination for the power charges and for the map clear

Auras
We have a platera of auras that we can choose from a must are Purity of Elements, Discipline, Determination and Tempest Shield

Purity of Elements - To cap our resistances
Discipline - For more energy shield
Defiance Banner - Low mana reservation for additional armour/evasion
Herald of Ice - Great for clear
Tempest Shield - To cap our spell block
Clarity - level 1 only if you have Watcher's Eye (Prismatic Jewel) with Non-Channelling Skills have -X to Total Mana Cost while affected by Clarity
Hatred - Amazing if you feel tanky enough and want more damage
Zealotry - If you don't want to be tanky that much and drop the Determination aura for more damage
Grace - If you want to be extra tanky you can combine it with Ghost Dance passive tree Notable
Precision - For Accuracy and Critical

Got get our auras going we will link them to Enlighten Support as well

Flasks:
Diamond Flask of Incision Later we can switch it for Bottled Faith
Granite Flask of the Armadillo
Dying Sun
Quicksilver Flask of the Cheetah
Jade Flask of the Impala

If you have 52%+ CDR and need attack speed:
Silver Flask

Cluster Jewels/Jewels:
Large Cluster Jewels we can be very flexible I started with naked no notables just to get the 2 jewel sockets.

Those passives are good option when you have some currency:
1 Added Passive Skill is Cold to the Core
1 Added Passive Skill is Disorienting Display / Prismatic Heart
1 Added Passive Skill is Snowstorm

If you need attack speed or way to get arcane surge if the vortex mana cost if 0
1 Added Passive Skill is Arcane Adept
1 Added Passive Skill is Conjured Wall
1 Added Passive Skill is Essence Rush

On the tree we are picking only the side notables to get to the jewel sockets

Medium Cluster Jewels:
Here we are stacking 4 of
1 Added Passive Skill is Eye to Eye
1 Added Passive Skill is Repeater

Small Cluster Jewels:
3 Passive Skills
6% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills
With Skill is Self-Control I would say is a must and 1 more with Uncompromising for Determination, Sublime Form for Grace , Spiteful Presence for Hatred depending which aura you are using.

Later if you want to stuck more auras you will need to get those jewels with Added Small Passive Skills have XX% increased Effect

Watcher's eye:
Cheap options for more defence:
One of:
(8-12)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage while affected by Purity of Elements
(8-12)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage while affected by Purity of Elements
(8-12)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Lightning Damage while affected by Purity of Elements

For more survivability
+XX Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline

If you need to reduce the mana cost further
Non-Channelling Skills have -10 to Total Mana Cost while affected by Clarity

Masteries:
15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills is a must when picking the Sovereignty wheel
Auras from your Skills have 15% increased Effect on you from the Influence wheel
5% increased Attributes is great to get more Strength and Intelligence we get this when we pick the Utmost Intellect wheel
+25% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Unique Enemies from Critical Mastery
+1% to Critical Strike Multiplier per 10 Maximum Energy Shield on Shield From Shield Mastery

If we need to increase the Awakened Cast on Critical support level we can get from the Critical Mastery +3 to Level of all Critical Support Gems

Thread of Hope: We can Medium Ring to get to Divine Judgement, Sanctum of Thought, Smashing Strikes for endurance charges on critical strike and Holy Dominion if resistances are needed without traveling to them.

Ascendancy:
1. Righteous Providence
2. Inevitable Judgement
3. Augury of Penitence
4. Instruments of Virtue

Videos:
Maven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMoJaigtbIU
Last edited by Vyary on Dec 9, 2021, 6:21:04 PM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2022, 1:44:21 AM
Hello i have gotten all the pieces for this build but my crit chance seems to be down to 42% and i dont know weather or not im doing something wrong or i misplaced something

some who can help me
Sure, can you please give me pob to check.
Hei man,
Nice guide, im wondering if you could help, im struggling on getting high enough crit chanse, the gare i have almost identical to yours but i cant find whats the problem. Any advice?
"
Vyary wrote:
Sure, can you please give me pob to check.

Fantastic POBs thanks.

What would you league start as to transition into this build?

"
livejamie
"
Vyary wrote:
Inquisitor version of CoC Ice Spear

Pros/Cons:
+ Very Tanky
+ Good Map Clear
+ Good Boss Killer

- Requires High Level
- Cluster Jewels are needed to deal good damage and to stack more auras
- Not a league started

Mandatory Items:
Shaper's touch
Cospri's Malice

Do you have any updated POBs for 3.17?
livejamie
"
Xcerber wrote:
Hei man,
Nice guide, im wondering if you could help, im struggling on getting high enough crit chanse, the gare i have almost identical to yours but i cant find whats the problem. Any advice?

Finding the same problem over here. I didn't equip the Stampede boots now did I annoint the talisman but my critical chance is fairly low. I need better cluster jewels but that will only help with DPS numbers, not crit chance.

I'm aware that I still need to get better items (my skin of the lords talent does nothing for example). I also need to sort my gems as right now I have quite a mess with empty sockets and unlinked crap...but I still feel like even if I had the budget, I'd still in a pretty low crit chance.

Also, my STR is only 300 which feels pretty low.

I can only think about a better ring (mine is crap cheap), anointments and getting some good jewels (both cluster an non-cluster ones). But none of them would help my crit by much I'm afraid. Same for helmet enchant, which I don't have.

Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/AwD0geba
Last edited by carlosgarridofl on Feb 16, 2022, 8:11:02 AM
This is where I left off on mine.

https://pastebin.com/rh5DHSRp

I want to try other skills so I'm going to move on to something else this league.
livejamie
for those interested in coc inquisitor i copied someone poe ninja and it plays very nice so far. i haven't really looked to see if there are any other optimizations yet as i've only been playing a little while.

but with the new patch and masteries it's very simple to hit the cooldown rate. all you need is the +3 crit gems mastery along with a skin of the lords, belt craft and then the last bit can be solved with an eater of worlds implicit on boots. it has 86% all res, ailment immune, ton of armor and max block with aegis and pretty decent regen too. very good well round build

https://pastebin.com/iYipYCMA
Last edited by crazypearce on Mar 8, 2022, 8:04:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info