Legacy Unique Fated Upgrade

Hello, my name is Skall. Was playing standard today and upgraded a Doomfletch With the Critical mod, and the 110% random element mod. The result was a Doomfletch Prism Without Critical mod, and 100% random element mod, with the Legacy base physical damage.

What??

"Legacy modifiers and base items are retained when upgrading uniques to their fated counterparts. So because
Doomfletch
has legacy variants, Doomfletch's Prism effectively does as well."

From the Wiki. Am I mistaken on how this should work? Is this a bug?

What is done, is done. I expect nothing but some explanation on why it did not work as I was expecting.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Skall
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2021, 9:20:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
prbly wont get fixed as prophecy being deleted in 3.17
Was this posted somewhere? Sorry haven't kept up on any info coming for 3.17 yet.
if there is one section to watch for new threads in, its announcements

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3218014
Thanks!
legacy mod carry over is just case by case basis.

Some fated version has the same mod shared between based version and upgraded version
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
So, i should reword myself.

In the past, legacy mod sometimes carry over (otherwise +6 Frostferno cannot be created)

But somehow they patched so that legacy mod no longer carryover, only legacy mod value carryover

I have tested Kaom's Way and Stormwall, so that legacy mod are deleted when fating

i.e. not surprise that Doomfletch's Prism behave that way as well

edit: video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFt2vhytF8
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Dec 12, 2021, 9:48:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info