Do Any Bow Builds Not Use Barrage Support for Bossing and ST?

I know scaling additional arrows on your bow/quiver and using Dying Sun work great with barrage support, but the dmg penalty is quite steep, esp if you want to stun a boss.

Apart from playing Deadeye, getting additional arrows is a time-consuming gearing process and I don't enjoy the support gem on any other ascendancy. It's great with Deadeye having one concentrated beam, but other Point Blank bow styles you need to make sure you don't miss hits if you're not close enough.

I've only ever seen one build a while back that didn't use barrage support but couldn't figure out why. I assumed it was possibly because that person didn't have extra arrows and/or decided on different mods on their bow/quiver.

None of the other support gems seem like they can make up the damage of multiple arrows, albeit, weaker ones. Or maybe some of the newer supports have better interactions for certain mechanics.
Last edited by 009Status on Nov 30, 2021, 5:17:04 PM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2021, 8:24:11 AM
I mean obviously caustic or toxic rain but I assume you are not counting those as bow builds.

Bleed does not but GGG killed bleed pretty hard.

Tornado shot corrupting fever might be your best bet. No barrage needed and it still works.

The remaining builds only dont once they reach ~5M dps WITHOUT barrage. This is totally possible, just use PoE ninja, but it means good gear.

If achieving extra arrows is annoying, achieving the gear levels to not use barrage probably wont be great.

The easiest to scale to this level is elemental hit.
Hi, I am also using Deadeye.

I keep my barrage support gem on the top right hand corner of my stash ... never touching it ... except for when I enter into Conquerors or Sirus fight.

Then most of the time, I am on Mirage Archer gem when I am mapping.

As they are the same colour gems and all the support gems are mutually compatible, I find this the easiest solution to alternate between mapping and single target boss fights.
"
trixxar wrote:
I mean obviously caustic or toxic rain but I assume you are not counting those as bow builds.

Bleed does not but GGG killed bleed pretty hard.

Tornado shot corrupting fever might be your best bet. No barrage needed and it still works.

The remaining builds only dont once they reach ~5M dps WITHOUT barrage. This is totally possible, just use PoE ninja, but it means good gear.

If achieving extra arrows is annoying, achieving the gear levels to not use barrage probably wont be great.

The easiest to scale to this level is elemental hit.

Right, not counting TR. Only ever used it to lvl past campaign but that's it. I'm familiar with its mechanics about needing an apparent specific amount of AoE to make overlapping work. I thought TR needs extra arrows as well, or perhaps that's just for clearing to make the pods spread out further.

Not tried TS yet. Poison and CF variants seem to be big atm.
They both use GMP if I recall with no penalties to DoT dmg?

Really want to like Scourge Arrow but the charge up and stand in place I find is clunky and dangerous. Seems like you need insane atk speed for it; something Assassin and PF don't appear to have much of.
However, it only needs a +1 quiver for bossing which is nice.

Bleed Glad; everyone tells me same thing to stay away from bleed. Never tried it. The few people using Puncture appear to all have the helm with the 4L that turns it into a charge up skill.
Do people not take that Crimson Dance keystone instead to stack multiple bleeds?

Last edited by 009Status on Mar 16, 2022, 1:48:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info