Is it me or my Build

Hi there,

veteran ARPG player (since D1) here. As I am not the youngest any more, and mostly tired and not on max concentration when I am playing (full time job and father of three...), I struggle hard to do end game bosses.

I fail hard at trying to do Sirus (A0) and did not event get down Shaper.

I guess the problem is me being too slow, not seeing the debuffs on the ground. As sometimes this fights appear to me like a laser show in a disco, wanting me to relax and enjoy the lights o_0

But to be sure, could someone check this build (mostly done by myself), and give a reply if it should be possible to do all end game content with it?

realistic buff uptime -> https://pastebin.com/3EKwjFAm

theoretic max -> https://pastebin.com/N2WWAG5J

If the build is the problem, may give some advice for changes?
Last edited by Nemi83 on Nov 29, 2021, 5:23:06 AM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2021, 7:11:37 PM
Honestly, from what i can see, your build looks completely fine. I would just add a "Corrupted Blood can not be inflicted on you" jewel.

Other than that,the fight is easily doable with a tenth of your dps. You just gotta learn the mechanics :) Although 5khp seems a little low for such an invested character. might upgrade that a little.
Your build is super squishy.

With 5k HP and abysuss any big phys hit that gets through block will kill you.

The rest of your defenses is only 50/48 block, 20k armour (to low to be really meaningfull) and 250 hp on block.

If you want to have an easier time with bosses you need to either get way better defenses or reach something between 20 to 30 million dps to phase/kill them instantly.
"
Zerber wrote:
Your build is super squishy.

With 5k HP and abysuss any big phys hit that gets through block will kill you.

The rest of your defenses is only 50/48 block, 20k armour (to low to be really meaningfull) and 250 hp on block.

If you want to have an easier time with bosses you need to either get way better defenses or reach something between 20 to 30 million dps to phase/kill them instantly.

I don't disagree, but the physical damage taken shouldn't matter against Sirus and Shaper, right?
Most stuff that does physical damage(or scales with physical damage) on those fights one shots u anyway, so he just get's killed because he doesn't play the mechanics correctly.
Obviously with having more damage, he could just ignore those mechanics and insta phase, as u said.

It would be much better if he'd get more max resistances and maybe regeneration.

Imo the build is fine, he just has to figure out the mechanics or overwhelm them with more dps.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Nov 29, 2021, 7:24:27 AM
Just to clarify it regarding mechanics.

I have 57% Evade - as far as I understand it, one can only evade physical attacks?

Then I have 50% bock for physical.

After that I have 90% phys reduction - this is the cap right?

So I thought I have more problems with spell atacks and dots then with physical attacks, or I am wrong here?
Last edited by Nemi83 on Nov 29, 2021, 7:25:14 AM
"
Nemi83 wrote:

I have 57% Evade - as far as I understand it, one can only evade physical attacks?

After hat I have 90% phys reduction - this is the cap right?

So I thought I have more problems with spell atacks and dots then with physical attacks, or I am wrong here?

If you happen to die from his beam, this stacks corrupted blood on you and kills fast.
thx - so far I remove corrupted blood only with flask or "Adamant". Maybe that is too slow and I have to get the currency for a Jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot...".

Sporting a whooping ~50 chaos atm ;)
"
Nemi83 wrote:

After hat I have 90% phys reduction - this is the cap right?

That's not correct.

Evasion as well as attack block works against all types of attacks, being physical and elemental.

Same with Spell block, it works against physical and elemental spells.

Armour has a special calculation, that's not reflected in the tooltip or PoB... so the 90% is very misleading. It all depends on the Hit u're taking. 23k is fine for mapping, but it won't do much against big hits from Bosses.

But still, ur weakness is dots, elemental attacks and spells, whenever they get through ur block, yes.
thx for the input, so I guess it is:

1st: and foremost -> l2p
2nd: get rich to equip gear to either get more dmg or more def (will get hard with 1-2h a day at max)
3rd: build per se is fine
"
Nemi83 wrote:
thx for the input, so I guess it is:

1st: and foremost -> l2p
2nd: get rich to equip gear to either get more dmg or more def (will get hard with 1-2h a day at max)
3rd: build per se is fine

1st and foremost -> don't stress urself. I think I'm the same age as u, having played a shit ton D1 at release and such.
Just try to understand the fights and if u keep failing, analyze ur mistakes and be better next time. (recording ur tries helps aswell)

Boss fights in PoE are very straight forward most of the time, but very punishing if u make mistakes aswell. Once u understand the mechanics and how to avoid them, u can do the fights pretty consistently without dying even.
(sure some are harder than others and some require alot of mechanical skill, so u have to know ur limits, like I'm most likely never be able to do Maven)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info