OUTDATED 3.16 - DW-Dagger Poison Cobra Lash Assassin | LEAGUE STARTER

INTRO
_________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT!
This is my first Build I created. Don't judge me to hard.

short introduction to my person
Hey guys, I'm Fenaril. I started playing PoE in September 2019. In this league I played as a Frostblade Champ and had a break. Now I've been playing again for a few months, have tried various builds and leveled countless chars. Now I want to revive an old build to learn working with PoB and Thread creation.

I apologize for every linguistic error I make in this guide. I'm not very good in English but have tried my best and partly worked with the translator of google.

I'm also a German-speaking streamer on twitch and there will be a lot coming to
this build soon.

When did I start building the build?
I started on the 22nd Nov. 2021.
Day #1: Created first Tree in PoB (checked old guides)
Day #2: Started with the Thread and check some Equipment
Day #3: Started Shadow on other Account to test it out
Day #4 & 5: Playing other games :D
Day #6: PoB work completed and attached to the thread. | published the thread (27th Nov. 2021)

Why Cobra Lash?
The skill is at the moment underestimated in my opinion and I can't find any up-to-date or with good explanation Build(3.16).
Also I can learn how to work with PoB and have a Project I can work on.

CONTENT
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. CHANGELOG
2. VIDEOS
3. BUILD NOTES
4. PATH OF BUILDING
5. GEAR, ENCHANTS, FLASKS, JEWELS
6. GEM SETUP
7. ASCENDANCY, BANDITS, PANTHEON
8. LEVELING THIS BUILD
9. FAQ

1. CHANGELOG

This section will be updated for every change I made on the build.
3.16 - Changelogs
Published 27.11.2021

2. VIDEOS

3.16 - Scourge League
not yet

3. BUILD NOTES

-not yet

4. PATH OF BUILDING

Budget Endgame | 2M Shaper DPS (15 stacks Wither)

$$$ Endgame
not yet / work on it

5. GEAR, ENCHANTS, FLASKS, JEWELS

-coming soon / check PoB for now

6. GEM SETUP

Weapon 1

Weapon 2

Body Armour

4-link Glove, Helmet & Shoes
1.for this one no link needed
"Precison(1)" only level it if you have enough mana.
"Skitterbots" for Chill & Shock.
"Herald of Purity" for a bit Phy. Damage and Minions they Tank some Damage.

Important Setup for Bosses and high HP enemys.
"Wither" cast automatic from placed Totems (up to 15 stacks) -> Higher Chaos Damage.

I'm testing this setup so far idk if it work fine.
You can play "Plague Bearer" without "Concentrated Effect" & "Second Wind" and can add "Empower(2)" & "Enhance(4)". Or other unlinked Gems to level them.

7. ASCENDANCY, BANDITS, PANTHEON

Ascendancy
Ascend with this order for easier leveling and damage boost:

1. Noxious Strike

2. Toxic Delivery

3. Mistwalker

4. Opportunistic

Bandit

(Leveling) Help Alira for:

5 Mana Regeneration per second
+20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+15% to all Elemental Resistances

Later you can change it back for the 2 passive points.
20x Orb of Regret and 1x Onyx Amulet.

Pantheon

Mapping

Major god: Soul of Lunaris
-> 1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
-> 1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
-> 10% chance to avoid Projectiles
-> 5% chance to Dodge Attack and Spell Hits if you've been Hit Recently
-> Avoid Projectiles that have Chained

Minor god: Soul of Shakari

-> 5% reduced chaos damage taken
-> 25% reduced chaos damage over time taken while in a caustic ground
-> 50% less Duration of Poisons on You
-> You cannot be Poisoned while there are at least 5 Poisons on you

Bossing

Sirus
Major God: Soul of Arakaali
Minor God: Soul of Shakari

Uber Elder
Major God: Soul of the Brine King
Minor God: Soul of Garukhan

Rest of the Bosses
Major God: Soul of Solaris
Minor God: depending on the damage type

8. LEVELING THIS BUILD

-coming soon

9. FAQ

-coming soon

OUTRO

I hope one or the other has helped the Build if there should be suggestions for improvement I gladly accept them.
If any have questions about the Build let me know.

Last edited by Fenaril on Jun 19, 2022, 3:52:30 AM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2022, 9:10:51 AM
Hi, any build progression already exist?
Or it`s already dead?
"
bulldozzer96 wrote:
Hi, any build progression already exist?
Or it`s already dead?

I don't work so far on it because of my RL have some exams in the moment.

Think between 14.12-16.12. I add build progression.
Like it, ill keep in touch for any updates

Edit: Please do something about that blue font xD it kinda hurts trying to read it

Last edited by k3pl3rk on Dec 5, 2021, 5:54:18 PM
Might have to give this a go. I have recently discovered cobra lash is it has become my favorite attack in the game. I have been working on a PF version that’s mid 70s atm. Haven’t checked the pob since I’m on my phone but Assassin with perfect agony may be fun
Was hoping that someone managed to come up with a decent build for CL, but since OP hasn't updated I'll leave my take here.

Been playing Assassin CL/VG since 3.13 up to this point, improving my build little by little, currently this requires a high investment, 50ex+ and possibly even more, already spent around 100ex (possibly more, lost track) and it's bad for this kind of investment.

Noxious Strike lost its 30% DoT multiplier and the 5% Poison Duration has been limited to 100% (so 20 stacks max) and Toxic Delivery lost 25% more damage for poisons inflicted by crits, currently it's hard to recover the lost damage.

Flasks also got massively nerfed and CL/VG had a heavy reliance on flasks such as Coralito's (huge nerf on this one) and Whichfire Brew Stibnite (not so much on this one), so another source of damage gone.

The introduction of Spell Suppression also means that now you'll have to spend passive points on them instead of damage/attack speed, it's a good defense mechanism, better than the previous spell dodge, but having to spend extra points on it hurts damage wise, or you'll have to make up for it with gear mods, without Spell Suppression you'll get wrecked.

Now both CL/VG shine with STR stack jugg, Pathfinder is another option since you can make use of Master Toxicist for poison proliferation during flask to clear packs and focus most of the gems for single target dps, maybe try Bino's on Assassin for the poison proliferation but you'll have to make up for the loss of attack speed and Chaos Damage.

Gonna keep my eye on this build tho, maybe OP can find something useful ^^
Pff, who even plays Standard?
Last edited by ZarkBit on Dec 30, 2021, 6:44:40 AM
You can't link plague bearer with anything that increases %dmg like conc effect or void manip, also why second wind? Usally PB is linked to Inc aoe and empower.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info