How does "Reduced effect of Shock on you" stack?

Hi,

I currently have multiple sources of "Reduced effect of shock on you":
- 60% from a crafted mod on a ring
- 15% from a jewel
- 10%+20+20% from skill tree (Annointed Flesh + minor nodes leading to it)

This results in PoB calculating -25% shock effect, coming from 100%. (Calcs > Other ailment defences) I'm not sure what this means (even after reading the Wiki).
1. I don't suppose this constitutes virtual shock immunity?
2. Also, is negative shock effect useful? Maybe it counteracts enemies' increased shock effect?

Thanks!
Last edited by Amplifiction on Nov 29, 2021, 8:58:05 AM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2021, 5:59:24 PM
1. yes, unless enemies have increased chock effect
2. yes it does help counter it.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
"
Torguemada wrote:
1. yes, unless enemies have increased chock effect
2. yes it does help counter it.

Thank you! Here's hoping it's enough to counter the Arc Scourge monsters.
Worth noting that reduced effect of ailments is not an all or nothing type thing like ailment avoidance, so if you end up with net 90% reduced effect of shock thats almost as good as immunity
"
jewdas12 wrote:
Worth noting that reduced effect of ailments is not an all or nothing type thing like ailment avoidance, so if you end up with net 90% reduced effect of shock thats almost as good as immunity

same with reduced curse effect
"
jewdas12 wrote:

Not even when the effect reduction exceeds 100%? Will I still be receiving any additional damage while shocked?
what he's saying is, having '90% reduced effect of shock' is almost the same as having '100%+ reduced effect of shock'

having *some* is much better than having none.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
what he's saying is, having '90% reduced effect of shock' is almost the same as having '100%+ reduced effect of shock'

having *some* is much better than having none.

Alright, thank you both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info