Corrupted items

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. I am seeing so many corrupted items with 1 or 2 sockets or no links and the asking price for those seems exceptionally high considering (as far as I know) their uselessness for particular builds.

Now, I'm just asking as a question as I am a super casual player and this has been a curiosity of mine for some time.

Could it be:
1. The items are just as useful to a build without the proper sockets/links because of the underlying stats?
2. The sockets/links can be changed via some mechanism I don't know about?
3. Temporary item of the same kind and then upgrade later?
4. Some other reason?

Thanks
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2021, 8:54:12 PM
items that can only have 3 or 4 sockets + links are actually dirt cheap to 'fix' after corrupting

you go to your crafting bench, and use the '3/4 socket' and '3/4 link' recipes. there is an additional Vaal orb cost, equal to the 'normal' cost of the recipe.

so, 4 linked sockets, costs 5 fuses on non corrupt items. on a corrupt item, its 5 fuses + 5 vaal orbs.

things that need SIX linked sockets, really should be 6 socketed first. and this league you just use tainted fuses to 6 link them (can start with the 4link recipe mentioned above, and then use tainted fuses for links 5 and 6).

People corrupt/scourge before linking because, if the item bricks, then we havent wasted any currency beforehand. and, as i said, its very cheap to link afterward this league.

Ah, perfect answer. I didnt know about the crafting bench recipe, haven't gotten that one yet.

Thank you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info