[3.16][HC][SSF][MaxBlock][Tanky][Any Items]8K+HP Herald of Agony+ Cyclone Gladiator (Hex Toxinator)🐍

Intro
Greetings Exiles,

I enjoy playing in HCSSF leagues with builds that require no uniques/expensive items/
cluster jewels/exalts/super items/godly crafts
, yet being tanky, fast & with enough DPS
to clear all contents from league start to end in a fun way. The surprises & excitements
that I receive from not knowing what items will be dropping next
motivates me everytime when I play.

Being in HCSSF allows me to constantly innovate new ways to play
& to allocate my resources as efficiently as possible.
Utilizing what items are available for me at this very moment
& to stay alive by planning ahead carefully in order to progress further into the game
as I only have one chance to survive.

I hope that you will enjoy the builds as much as I do.
Feel free to use items you prefer & play them in any leagues for your upcoming adventures:)
Passive Tree & POB Pastebin

Version: 3.16.3 (11/28/2021)
https://pastebin.com/N2gVmuy4
Concepts & Mechanics
(Vaal)Cyclone+Life Gain On Hit(LGOH) with Resolute Technique provides 500+HP gained per second per enemy on hit, while also stacking up our virulence stacks for Herald of Agony's Crawler to deal full screen multiple projectiles/area damage. Add on the ability to pass through enemies, which is very useful during scourge fights & delve encounters, or grouping large groups of monsters into one spot providing capped virulence stacks & mega LGOH amounts.
We will be using Shield charge for fast traveling.

Decoy totem for great distractions & 10% less damage taken when hit for 3 seconds after monsters are taunted.
(It's funny watching Vaal Cyclone dragging monsters towards you while they try to run to the totem & attack it, completely ignoring you & keeping you safe from dangers.)
Example: Put Decoy Totem on right hand side of monster while you (Vaal)Cyclone on the left/behind the monsterXD

Max attack+spell block(87/77) makes it very safe for us.
Tempest Shield makes us immune to shock.
Riposte+Reckoning+Vengeance counter-attacks provides huge LGOH when we get hit/block hits.
When counter-attacks are triggered, we also have 50% chance to debilitate enemies for 1 second
(Monster deals 10% less damage/20% less movement speed) when debilitated.
%Chance to blind on hits from our crafted LGOH claw+Dread Banner+Enfeeble +Evasion+Jade Flask will make enemies very hard to hit us with attacks.

Arctic Armour for freeze immunity/take less physical+fire damage/chills enemies.
Vitality for extra life regen.
Fast Leap Slam on weapon swap when needed.

Level (Awakened)Vicious Projectiles in offhand & swap with Pierce when you are going to fight difficult bosses & need maximum DPS. Watch out for the slight increase in mana reservation for Herald of Agony as it has a higher mana multiplier.

I find it safest to spin around enemies in circles as doing so can help dodge harmful things manually. By the time the monster hits your old location, you are already at the next spot.

CWDT(1):
+Purifying Flame(11):
(Emergency 6% life regeneration from consecrated ground, enemies take increased critical strike chance standing on it, also very helpful for Lab as well)
+Enfeeble(5):
Reduce enemy accuracy/damage
+Immortal Call(3):
Casts automatically when we take damage based on CWDT level.
(Less physical & elemental damage taken)
When at 3 endurance charges it increased duration & provides even more
"Less physical damage taken"
+Withering Step(8):
Grants Elusive buff, providing up to 15% chance to avoid all damage types. Grants phasing+increased movement speed+inflicts up to 5 withered debuffs on enemies within area(Which increases chaos damage taken by mobs), effects will fade out over time.
Pros & Cons
Pros:
All Contents, League Starter All The Way To Endgame
Playable in any leagues: (HC/SC)(SSF/Trade)
No uniques required, use any items you prefer
We only need up to (4)Links
Tanky, fast, max attack & spell block(87/77), fun, full screen clears
Adrenaline rush from face tanking monsters
We take 30% reduced extra damage from critical strikes from "Armour Mastery"
Approximately 7% HP regneration, can reach up to 17% when hit
Minor (Armour/Evasion)Ratings+Spell suppression chances from items, tree & ascendancy
(Every little bit of defensive bonus will add up & boost our long term survivability!)
HCSSF optimized for survivability & fully self found gears, but playing it in other leagues and types are perfectly fine as well
Can clear physical reflect maps without issues thanks to Agony Crawler being immune to any damage

We recover HP on block from our capped attack & spell block chances
(Vaal)Cyclone will be best in areas with lots of mobs for very fast & satisfying clearing.
Examples: (Scourge Contents/Delve/Large groups of mobs etc.)
The more enemies inside your (Vaal)Cyclone area, the more HP you gained per hit per second.
Example: 10 monsters in your (Vaal)Cyclone area at 500HP gained per mob per second gives you approximately 5000HP gained per second!

Cons:
Minimum DPS (Just enough to clear all contents)
Below average clear speed
Optional: Swapping "Pierce(Mapping)" with "Awakened Vicious Projectiles(Bossing)"
for more DPS against single targets
(DPS is sufficient to kill them without swapping as well, it will just take a bit longer.)
Melee Range
Playstyles
Shield charge into enemies, with the possibility of stunning them at maximum charge distance. (75% increased Stun Threshold reduction on enemies & 100% more Damage with hits)
(At maximum charge distance)
Then use (Vaal)Cyclone to get huge Life Gained On Hit & poison mobs while passing through groups of enemies. When the time is right & it's safe to do so (Such as Scourge/Delve/Large Groups) encounters, proc (Vaal)Cyclone to group them all in one spot for super fast clear/extreme LGOH/capped virulence stacks.

Try to group enemies into one spot by luring them when you move & then use (Vaal)Cyclone so that you can generate virulence stacks faster/Agony Crawler can fire at one spot/More LGOH/Faster clear.

Cast Decoy Totem on far side of mobs to taunt & distract them, while you are on the other side (Vaal)Cycloning.
(Mobs focus on Decoy Totem & deals 10% less damage to others)

Due to our tight situation with limited gem slots, when you can't get pass with Shield Charge, do weapon swap and use Flame Dash/Leap Slam (Depending on gears and preferences), quickly swap back after.
(Try to avoid swapping in dangerous areas/moments/inside groups of mobs)
(Make sure your resistances are capped/stats points aren't lowered, and it's not disabling any item/skills as well on weapon swap)

When you get "X of Reflection" glove enchantments, each time when you get/block hit, a clone of you will be automatically summoned for 5 seconds with a 10 seconds cooldown, making it a lot safer for you because it helps distract enemies & saves you from getting hit.
Gears
Weapon:
Any claw with highest amount of (Life gained on hit/Life+Mana gained on hit) & weapon speed
(With an open prefix for crafting "xx% Chance To Blind Enemies On Hit")
(Try to look for xx% Chance To Poison On Hit claws for more reliable virulence stacks generation)

Shield:
-Recover (X%) of Life when you block(Suffix){(Shaper/Warlord)Influenced}
(Our lifesaver when the situation gets dangerous)
-Any with (X%) Chance to block spell, open Suffix for crafting addtional block chances

Helmet:
Any with +X To Level of Socketed Minion Gems
(End game aim for "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level X Minion Damage" built in for pseudo 5L)

Armour:
Any
(Can craft "Block attack/spell" for end game)

Amulet:
Marble (For Additional %Life Regeneration)
-(+1) to level of all Dexterity skill gems(Prefix)(Hunter Influenced)

Rings:
Any unset rings for 2 more gem slots
(Look for +X To Level of Socketed Gems mod)

Glove:
Any

Belt:
Any stygian vise

Boot:
Any highest movement speed you can find

Jewels:
Any

Flasks:
Instant recovery when on low life (50% or Less HP) is very useful, since we are scaling in low life increased recovery, it often saves the day.
(I like to have 2 Divine Life flasks (More Max Recovery Amount), 1 Quartz, 1 Jade, & 1 Quicksilver)

(Ryslatha & Upgraded Pantheon will give us 3 charges per second for Life Flasks if not used recently, and 60% increased recovery when used during Low Life.)
Gems & Links
Legend:
Gem variations denoted by:
Default=DE
Divergent=DI
Anomalous=A
Phantasmal=P

Claw:
CWDT(1)(A)+Purifying Flame(11)(A)+Withering Step(8)(DI)

Weapon Swap:
Leap Slam(P)+Faster Attacks(DE)+Lifetap(DI)
(Make Sure your resistances are capped on weapon swap as well)

Shield:
CWDT(1)(A)+Immortal Call(3)(DE)+Enfeeble(5)(DE)

Helmet:
Herald of Agony(DI)+Awakened Minion Damage(DE)+Damage on Full Life(DE)+
[Pierce(A)(Map)/Awakened Vicious Projectiles(DE)(Boss)]

Armour:
(Vaal)Cyclone(P)+Chance To Poison(A)+Life Gain On Hit(DE)+Lifetap(DI)
Shield Sharge(DE)(5L Optional for using life instead of mana)
Decoy Totem(DI)(6L Optional for using life instead of mana)

Glove:
Riposte(DI)+Reckoning(A)+Vengeance(P)+Life Gain On Hit(DE)

Boot:
Dread Banner(A)
Tempest Shield(DI)
Summon Stone Golem(A)
Enduring Cry(DI)

Unset Ring 1:
Vitality(A)

Unset Ring 2:
Arctic Armour(A)
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Dec 1, 2021, 2:45:42 PM
Last bumped on Dec 2, 2021, 7:27:21 PM
Blight Anointment
Gravepact
(Oils: Azure+Black+Black)
Lab Enchantments
Helmet:
Increased mana reservation efficiency for any our mana reservation skills
(To fit more auras)

Glove:
x of Reflection (Extra Clone Distraction)

Boot:
Regenerate x% of life if hit recently
(Extra Regen helps especially for Lab Traps/Damage Over Time)
Bandits
Kill All For 2 Passive Points
Ascendancies
1) Painforged: Normal Lab, At Least Level 33 & 1,500 HP
2) Reigning Veteran: Cruel Lab, At Least Level 55 & 2,500 HP
3) Blood In The Eyes: Merciless Lab, At Least Level 68 & 3,500 HP
4) Gratuitous Violence: Eternal Lab, At Least Level 75 & 4,500 HP
Pantheons
Major:
Lunaris (Mapping)
Solaris (Boss/Lab)
Arakaali (Chaos/Poison/Damage Over Time)

Minor:
Ryslatha (Mapping/Boss/Lab)
Shakari (Chaos/Poison/Damage Over Time)
Videos
Coming Soon!
Changelog
Hex Toxinator:

v3.16.3 (11/28/2021)
-Cleaned up unused trees
v3.16.2 (11/27/2021)
-Gems variations added & fixed skills+arrangements
v3.16.1 (11/25/2021)
-Initial Version
Hex Toxinator(Glancing Blow) Version - Under Variations:

v3.16.3 (11/28/2021)
-Cleaned up unused trees

v3.16.2 (11/27/2021)
-Gems variations added & fixed skills+arrangements
-Maximum life% increased from 298% to 315% (Now even tankier!)
-Minion accuracy+damage lowered slightly
-Minions lost 6% chance to deal double damage
-Replaced "Mystic Bulwark" with "Gravepact" for Blight Anointment
(Gain 30% minion accuracy & 6% chance to deal double damage after anointment)

v3.16.1 (11/25/2021)
-Initial Version
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Dec 1, 2021, 12:29:57 PM
FAQ
Should I use self-cast Steelskin/Cast When Damage Taken(X)+Immortal Call(X)?
I often find self-casting Steelskin activating at the wrong moment when it's not needed. Then when I do need it, it's on cooldown & can't protect me when I needed it the most. Linking CWDT+Immortal Call will activate exactly when I need it, allowing me to take less physical+elemental damage to help prevent one-shots.

The downside is that it requires one extra gem slot & has shorter duration when compared to Steelskin. Depending on damage from the hit, Steelskin can absorb more damage taken while Immortal Call can lessen it to a safer value against one-shots.

I prefer the CWDT+IC setup over self-casting Steelskin, but both are perfectly fine to use.
What level should I set my CWDT to?
I usually set my CWDT to level 1 so that it can cast the linked spells for me whenever I take 528 damage. Linked curses/spells/effects will not be have the strongest effects because they will then be limited to a maximum gem requirement level of <=38.

Setting CWDT to proc when you take damage equal to (1/8, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2) of your total HP are also popular methods as well. Multiple CWDTs (Example: CWDT(1)+CWDT(20) where you can link frequently used spells to CWDT(1)& defense spells such as Enfeeble/Steelskin/Temporal Chains to CWDT(20) for maximum effects when you take big hits.

Usually the more EHP that you have, the higher the level of CWDT that you can safely use effectively. I like to use CWDT(1) to proc all of my defensive spells frequently & conveniently, but feel free to adjust it to a level that feels safe & perfect for yourself.
Helpful Tips
Our main playstyle will be constantly moving forward while
Agony Crawler takes care of monsters behind us at its own pace.
For example: Shield charge into the first group of monsters.
Cyclone, gaining (LGOH/Virulence Stacks), then move on to the next group, repeat.

When it's safe to do so, we will cast
Decoy Totem on the opposite side of our current location to taunt enemies.
(Taunted enemies will focus on totem only for 3 seconds & deal 10% less damage to other targets) Then use Vaal Cyclone to group full screen of mobs into one spot, making it very easy for
Crawler to kill & to help us sustain mega LGOH amounts while capping virulence stacks.

Monsters will usually be pushed back & forth during this time while trying to escape from our
Vaal Cyclone & run towards Decoy Totem instead of attacking you, disrupting their normal behaviors & making it very safe for us.

Crawler's projectiles shoot off-screens & can pierce up to 4 additional targets,
so it's perfectly fine to keep moving & not having to wait for Crawler to reach your current location.

When you encounter Proximity Shielded enemies, just move forward a little bit more & your Crawler will be inside of their shields attacking them. Once your Crawler is inside, you can
move back to Melee Range for facetanking again. Therefore, I find Convocation
not very important for us & have decided to leave it out for our build.

When you reach Act 3 Ebony Barracks, travel to Imperial Gardens, then Library & finish Siosa's "A Fixture of Fate" quest to be able to purchase all gems from him. You can then purchase the remaining needed gems & use as needed.

After you finish Act 6 - Lilly's "Fallen From Grace" quest, you can then conveniently purchase all gems directly from her. Now we no longer have to bring currencies for gems we need to trade with Siosa at the Library.
(I usually have my HC/HCSSF character stay at Act 6 so that other characters can have access & can purchase gems easily.)

If playing in HC/HCSSF, I recommend having your first character reach Act 6, finish Lilly's "Fall From Grace" quest, level to 56.50% (For maximum leveled gems that you can buy from other acts). Then start a new character & use this old character solely as a spectre bank/gems purchaser for others in case they die.

For detailed gems & links please follow guide/POB.
Notes
Unchecked skills in POB are options you can use instead of my recommended selected ones.
Attack and spell block varies depending on crafts and gears, try to work your way up to max chances(87/77).
Leveling
We will be using (Fastest Bow+Sharktooth Quiver) for Levels 1-27.
Then ((Life/Life+Mana)Gained On Hit Claw)+Shield for Levels 28-100

Act 1:
Levels 1-3:
Ice Shot+Mirage Archer(2L)+Chance To Bleed(3L)
Split Arrow+Onslaught(2L)+Mirage Archer(3L)

Level 4:
Shrapnel Ballista+Chance To Bleed(2L)
War Banner for increased physical damage taken by mobs & increased accuracy rating
Steelskin for extra damage mitigation
Dash for traveling

Level 8:
Change to:
Ice Shot+Mirage Archer(2L)+Added Fire Damage(3L)
Split Arrow+Onslaught(2L)+Mirage Archer(3L)
Shrapnel Ballista+Added Fire Damage(2L)

Level 10:
Add Vitality
Start looking for Sharktooth base quivers for extra life gained on hit
Dash/Shield Charge for traveling

Level 12:
Change to:
Siege Ballista+Added Fire Damage(2L)

Act 2:
Level 16:
Start looking for Claws with the fastest weapon speeds &
Highest (Life/Life+Mana)(Gained On Hit) amounts

Change to:
Barrage [Level(3) max for minimum mana/life cost]+
Chance To Poison(2L)+Lifetap(3L)+Life Gain On Hit(4L)
Herald of Agony+Pierce(2L)+Added Fire Damage(3L)+Onslaught(4L)
Swap War Banner with Arctic Armour
Add Decoy Totem

Level 18:
Change to:
Herald of Agony+Pierce(2L)+Vicious Projectiles(3L)+Damage On Full Life(4L)

Act 3:
Level 28:
Change to:
(Vaal)Cyclone+Chance To Poison(2L)+Lifetap(3L)+Life Gain On Hit(4L)
Herald of Agony+Pierce(2L)+Minion Damage(3L)+Damage On Full Life(4L)
Flame Dash/Shield Charge for traveling
Add:
Vengeance+Life Gain On Hit(2L)+Reckoning(3L)+Riposte(4L)

Act 4:
Level 34:
Add Summon Stone Golem

Level 38:
Add:
CWDT(1)+Purifying Flame(11)+Withering Step(8)
CWDT(1)+Immortal Call(3)+Enfeeble(5)
(Select the top set for now if you don't have enough sockets)

When you finish allocating passive tree point #12, you can add Tempest Shield &/Dread Banner depending on your current mana situation.

When you reach Act 3 Ebony Barracks, travel to Imperial Gardens, then Library & finish Siosa's "A Fixture of Fate" quest to be able to purchase all gems from him. You can then purchase the remaining needed gems & use as needed.

After you finish Act 6 - Lilly's "Fallen From Grace" quest, you can then conveniently purchase all gems directly from her. Now we no longer have to bring currencies for gems we need to trade with Siosa at the Library.
(I usually have my HC/HCSSF character stay at Act 6 so that other characters can have access & can purchase gems easily.)

If playing in HC/HCSSF, I recommend having your first character reach Act 6, finish Lilly's "Fall From Grace" quest, level to 56.50% (For maximum leveled gems that you can buy from other acts). Then start a new character & use this old character solely as a spectre bank/gems purchaser for others in case they die.

For detailed gems & links please follow guide/POB.

Recommended Levels & HP for completing the 4 Labyrinths for Ascendancy Points Safely:
Normal Lab: At Least Level 33 & 1,500 HP
Cruel Lab: At Least Level 55 & 2,500 HP
Merciless Lab: At Least Level 68 & 3,500 HP
Eternal Lab: At Least Level 75 & 4,500 HP
Variations
Glancing Blow Max Block(85/75) Version
Pros:
9K+HP (Previously 246%(8K+HP), now 315%(9K+HP) Increased Maximum Life)
(Increasing chances to survive against one shots when
Damages are not Blocked/Cannot be Blocked
)
Easier to achieve max block(85/75) from gears & crafts
Slightly higher chances to evade attacks
Capped(100%) spell suppression chance (For 50% less spell damage taken)
Life+Utility Flasks gain one charge every 3 seconds
(When using Ryslatha as minor god, Life flasks will gain 4 charges every 3 seconds,
very helpful for Lab & other very difficult contents
)

Cons:
A lot Less tanky against large groups of mobs hitting you at the same time
Examples: Delve/Scourge/(Condensed map mobs)
2% Less Attack+Spell block chance compared to non-glancing blow version

Recommendations:
Playable for 3.16 (Scourge)'s Mechanics as we have 9K+HP to absorb damages. But we often take 65% of damage per hit on (Attack/Spell) block from large groups of mobs versus 0% from hits on blocks. It doesn't feel as safe as non-glancing blow version at times & also requires paying more attention to mobs on the screen.

POB Pastebin:
Version: 3.16.3 (11/28/2021)
https://pastebin.com/4n8RLes6
My Other Fun HCSSF Builds
-7K+EHP Max Block(75/75)
Frost Sentinels+Phantasms Necromancer (Arctic Refrigerator)❄️

-9K+HP Glancing Blow Max Block(75/75)
95% Evasion/100% Spell Suppression/Permanent 20 Fortification

Herald of Agony+Cyclone Champion
(Venomous Fortifier)💪

WIP Concept Ideas:
-Archmage/Arcane Cloak
MOM Agnostic Mana Hierophant (Labyrinth Regenerator)🔮

-Max Curse Effects/Proximity Shield/Wicked Ward/Profane Bloom
Tri-Curse CI SRS Occultist (Slow-Mo PokeSpirits)
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Dec 1, 2021, 12:28:55 PM
Hello this look very interesting , i love tanks

When will guide be finished pls ?
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Hello this look very interesting , i love tanks

When will guide be finished pls ?
Hello there & welcome to my build guide,

Guide is completed now except for the last bit of leveling info that I am working on atm.
Enjoy your upcoming adventures:)
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Nov 30, 2021, 11:46:49 AM
I'd love to see a video of the build clearing things/tanking. It looks something that I'd really like, but I'm worried about really low dps as a league starter.
"
Simpumba wrote:
I'd love to see a video of the build clearing things/tanking. It looks something that I'd really like, but I'm worried about really low dps as a league starter.
Greetings & welcome to my build guide,
The build performs well when there are many monsters in the area.
Technically the harder the content, the stronger it gets.
Examples: (Small/Narrow)Areas/Maps/Delves/Tough Scourge Encounters.

It will be slower pre-map, but you will feel its potential power increasing when:
-You reach Act 6 or so (As Herald of Agony's level increases).
-Mob intensities increase & difficulties scaling up.

You will also be very tanky starting from Level 56 or so all the way to Level 100,
so that you can clear all end game contents & be the last one standing in HCSSF.

Good luck to your upcoming endeavors!
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Dec 1, 2021, 3:23:39 PM
"
RisenHell666 wrote:
"
Simpumba wrote:
Greetings & welcome to my build guide,

The build performs well when there are many monsters in the area.
Technically the harder the content, the stronger it gets.
Examples: (Small/Narrow)Areas/Maps/Delves/Tough Scourge Encounters.

It will be slower pre-map, but you will feel its potential power increasing when:
-You reach Act 6 or so (As Herald of Agony's level increases).
-Mob intensities increase & difficulties scaling up.

You will also be very tanky starting from Level 56 or so all the way to Level 100,
so that you can clear all end game contents & be the last one standing in HCSSF.

Good luck to your upcoming endeavors!

Hey I am doing your build and it is very tanky...but I feel that my damage is too low. I am having trouble killing t5 boss maps.

https://pastebin.com/VYKYgE0C

Could you please take a look in what should I invest now and if everything is right?
I got like 3 ex to invest

Thanks!
Last edited by raz_raziel on Nov 30, 2021, 1:06:44 PM
"
raz_raziel wrote:
Hey I am doing your build and it is very tanky...but I feel that my damage is too low. I am having trouble killing t5 boss maps.

Could you please take a look in what should I invest now and if everything is right?

Thanks!

After analyzing your character's POB Pastebin, and based on your current League Type/Level/Budget/Progress, I recommend the following Improvements/Changes/Deviations:
Huge DPS Boosts:
Since you are currently playing in Softcore Trade League, you can afford to lower defense a bit
& leave only the core defensive mechanics active in order to boost your DPS:

-You are currently using a Pseudo 5L helmet with Minion Damage built in:
(Replace Minion Damage gem with "(Awakened)Vicious Projectiles")

-Use Pierce for Mapping & Vile Toxins for Bossing
(These 3 gem changes will reserve more mana; therefore, you will need to remove:
Vitality & Dread Banner
(Now you should have enough mana even after the 3 Gem Changes)

-Add in Poacher's Mark & self-cast it on Bosses when needed
(Benefits: Life/Mana gained on hit/20% Reduced enemy physical damage reduction/
Grants frenzy charge when slain/Added physical damage for you & crawler)

-You can swap CWDT+Enfeeble+Withering step with CWDT(1)+Desecrate(7)+Spirit offering(8)
(Crawler gains 26% of its physical damage as extra chaos damage)

-Use Victario's Charity Shield for more frenzy charge generations for your crawler
while you use Cyclone. (Since you can buy it from other players in Trade League)

-Remove Summon Stone Golem for an extra gem socket
-Use Hatred+Generosity
(When you have increased mana reservation efficiency for any of your auras
from Labyrinth Helmet Enchantment/Or when you have at least one Circle of Nostalgia Ring
with increased HOA's mana reservation efficiency)

-Add in Renewal/Pure Agony Medium/Large cluster jewels
(Raising both virulence stacks cap & minion damage)

-Linking Stone Golem(If you have still have an extra gem slot available) with Feeding Frenzy
(Granting 10% (More Minion Damage/Increased Minion Movement Speed/
Increased Minion (Attack/Cast) Speed
))

-Wearing two Circle of Nostalgia Rings
(Increases Herald of Agony's mana reservation efficiency so that we can use Hatred
& additional Auras such as Dread Banner/Vitality while boosting crawler's damage tremendously)

-Allocate the entire wheel of Gravepact to gain increased Minion Damage/Accuracy
& anoint "Ravenous Horde" instead
(You can allocate additional minion damage nodes to increase DPS even further,
but doing so will hurt your defenses a lot)

-Look for a +3 to level of socketed minion gem helmet for one extra HOA level

-Look for an "Hunter Influenced" Amulet with "+1 to level of all Dexterity skill gems"
(Boosting (Herald of Agony & Hatred)s' Levels By 1)
Defense+Quality of Life Boost:
-Replace your current claw with a Rare (44+ Life Gained On Hit Version)
(This will increase your LGOH from 256+HP/sec to 500+HP/sec
because we don't do enough damage with Cyclone to benefit from using %Damage Leech)
DPS+Defense Boosts:
Since you are using a 6L Body Armour, I recommend:
-Putting Faster Attacks in place of Decoy Totem in body armour as the optional 6L
(Benefits: Faster Shield Charging/More LGOH/Faster virulence stacks generation
from increased attacks per second
-Swapping out Vitality & placing Decoy Totem there
or
-Use Withering Touch instead of Faster attacks as the optional 6L
(Benefits: More damage for Crawler from our ability to inflict withered stacks on enemies,
withered enemies take increased Chaos damage)

Pros:
-More Damage for Crawler with:
(Up to 15 withered stacks at 6% increased chaos damage taken per stack
= up to 90% increased chaos damage taken by enemies, each stack lasts 2 seconds)
Cons:
-Less LGOH for us from slower attack speed

-Bench crafting "X% Chance to blind enemies on hit"(Prefix) on your claw
(Blinded enemies have 20% less accuracy, making it even harder for them to hit us)
or
-Bench crafting "Minions deal X% increased damage(Prefix)" on your rare claw
(Small boost to crawler's DPS)
Conclusions:
With all of these changes in effect, this will become a completely different new build variation
that will still have vigorous defenses set in place for survivability.

For non-HCSSF players, the changes are tolerable from a Defensive standpoint,
and will provide significantly more DPS for non-HCSSF players. However, this modified version
will be a lot less tanky than my original version which was optimized specifically for HCSSF,
as we only have one chance to survive. Therefore, in my original HCSSF version,
I will always prioritize Defenses over Offenses.
*Alternative Suggestions/Variations:
I recommend to also take a look at Orion's Barrage HOA Champion version
for SC/HC Trade Leagues as you have access to unique items
& hard to acquire cluster jewels from trade.
(Orion's version has approximately 6K+HP/1M DPS with roughly 7K LGOH using 6L Barrage,
but is not suitable for HCSSF due to using hard to acquire Cluster Jewels/Unique Items
& no blocking/passing through enemies for core Offenses/Defenses.
(Overall Rating: Less life & no block, but best for maintaining max Virulence stacks/
7K LGOH against single targets. It is Long Range as well so that you can
snipe from afar for safety.)
-Forum Thread For More Details:
3.16 HC HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content

I also built a Champion version of this gladiator with Permanent Fortify
& Capped Evasion + Wind Dancer Node which also uses HOA+Cyclone here:

(Venomous Fortifier)💪

-A Barrage+(Vaal)Molten Shell Variant is there as well under "Variations"
(Abilities: Max Defense & Capped (Vaal)Molten Shell for HCSSF, close to being immortal
when we have (Vaal)Molten Shell active)

Feel free to check them all out when you have some extra free time=)
Enjoy!
Last edited by RisenHell666 on Dec 2, 2021, 2:00:58 PM
"
RisenHell666 wrote:
"
raz_raziel wrote:

Thanks!

After analyzing your character's POB Pastebin, and based on your current League Type/Level/Budget/Progress, I recommend the following Improvements/Changes/Deviations:
Huge DPS Boosts:
Since you are currently playing in Softcore Trade League, you can afford to lower defense a bit
& leave only the core defensive mechanics active in order to boost your DPS:

-You are currently using a Pseudo 5L helmet with Minion Damage built in:
(Replace Minion Damage gem with "(Awakened)Vicious Projectiles")

-Use Pierce for Mapping & Vile Toxins for Bossing
(These 3 gem changes will reserve more mana; therefore, you will need to remove:
Vitality & Dread Banner
(Now you should have enough mana even after the 3 Gem Changes)

-Add in Poacher's Mark & self-cast it on Bosses when needed
(Benefits: Life/Mana gained on hit/20% Reduced enemy physical damage reduction/
Grants frenzy charge when slain/Added physical damage for you & crawler)

-You can swap CWDT+Enfeeble+Withering step with CWDT(1)+Desecrate(7)+Spirit offering(8)
(Crawler gains 26% of its physical damage as extra chaos damage)

-Use Victario's Charity Shield for more frenzy charge generations for your crawler
while you use Cyclone. (Since you can buy it from other players in Trade League)

-Remove Summon Stone Golem for an extra gem socket
-Use Hatred+Generosity
(When you have increased mana reservation efficiency for any of your auras
from Labyrinth Helmet Enchantment/Or when you have at least one Circle of Nostalgia Ring
with increased HOA's mana reservation efficiency)

-Add in Renewal/Pure Agony Medium/Large cluster jewels
(Raising both virulence stacks cap & minion damage)

-Linking Stone Golem(If you have still have an extra gem slot available) with Feeding Frenzy
(Granting 10% (More Minion Damage/Increased Minion Movement Speed/
Increased Minion (Attack/Cast) Speed
))

-Wearing two Circle of Nostalgia Rings
(Increases Herald of Agony's mana reservation efficiency so that we can use Hatred
& additional Auras such as Dread Banner/Vitality while boosting crawler's damage tremendously)

-Allocate the entire wheel of Gravepact to gain increased Minion Damage/Accuracy
& anoint "Ravenous Horde" instead
(You can allocate additional minion damage nodes to increase DPS even further,
but doing so will hurt your defenses a lot)

-Look for a +3 to level of socketed minion gem helmet for one extra HOA level

-Look for an amulet with Warlord/Hunter influence
(Benefits: +1 to level of all physical skill gems/+1 to level of all dexterity skill gems)
Defense+Quality of Life Boost:
-Replace your current claw with a Rare (44+ Life Gained On Hit Version)
(This will increase your LGOH from 256+HP/sec to 500+HP/sec
because we don't do enough damage with Cyclone to benefit from using %Damage Leech)
DPS+Defense Boosts:
Since you are using a 6L Body Armour, I recommend:
-Putting Faster Attacks in place of Decoy Totem in body armour as the optional 6L
(Benefits: Faster Shield Charging/More LGOH/Faster virulence stacks generation
from increased attacks per second
-Swapping out Vitality & placing Decoy Totem there
or
-Use Withering Touch instead of Faster attacks for the optional 6L
(Benefits: More damage for Crawler from our ability to inflict withered stacks on enemies,
withered enemies take increased Chaos damage)

Pros:
-More Damage for Crawler with:
(Up to 15 withered stacks at 6% increased chaos damage taken per stack
= up to 90% increased chaos damage taken by enemies, each stack lasts 2 seconds)
Cons:
-Less LGOH for us from slower attack speed

-Bench crafting "X% Chance to blind enemies on hit"(Prefix) on your claw
(Blinded enemies have 20% less accuracy, making it even harder for them to hit us)
or
-Bench crafting "Minions deal X% increased damage(Prefix)" on your rare claw
(Small boost to crawler's DPS)
Conclusions:
With all of these changes in effect, this will become a completely different new build variation
that will still have vigorous defenses set in place for suvivability.

For non-HCSSF players, the changes are tolerable from a Defensive standpoint,
and will provide significantly more DPS for non-HCSSF players. However, this modified version
will be a lot less tanky than my original version which was optimized specifically for HCSSF,
as we only have one chance to survive. Therefore, in my original HCSSF version,
I will always prioritize Defenses over Offenses.
*Alternative Suggestions/Variations:
I recommend to also take a look at Orion's Barrage HOA Champion version
for SC/HC Trade Leagues as you have access to unique items
& hard to acquire cluster jewels from trade.
(Orion's version has approximately 6K+HP/1M DPS with roughly 7K LGOH using 6L Barrage,
but is not suitable for HCSSF due to using hard to acquire Cluster Jewels/Unique Items
& no blocking/passing through enemies for core defense/offense.
(Overall Rating: Less life & no block, but best for maintaining max Virulence stacks/
7K LGOH against single targets. It is Long Range as well so that you can
snipe from afar for safety.)
-Forum Thread For More Details:
3.16 HC HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content

I also built a Champion version of this gladiator with permanent fortify
& capped evasion+Wind Dancer Node which also uses HOA+Cyclone here:

(Venomous Fortifier)💪

-A Barrage+(Vaal)Molten Shell Variant is there as well under "Variations"
(Abilities: Max Defense & Capped (Vaal)Molten Shell for HCSSF, close to being immortal
when we have (Vaal)Molten Shell active)

Feel free to check them all out when you have some extra free time=)
Enjoy!

Thank you very much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info