[3.17] Self-Cast Eye of Winter Occultist | LL | All Content Viable

"
800k damage on lvl 100 tree? Am i missing something?

As is said in the guide, that is 800K per projectile at the time of cast, as it travels - up to 50 units - it gains up to 200% MORE damage.
Even though it says not starter friendly, do you think it's ok to just go ahead and play even if I know I'm gonna struggle with it? I was eyeing this build previous league but didn't play it because I don't really play alts after making one char pr league. I really don't like going through the campaign again and usually stick to just 1 char. Worth mentioning that the highest tier map I've done in the game is 8, because I usually burn out by then.
Long time diablo player.
"
Andareas wrote:
Even though it says not starter friendly, do you think it's ok to just go ahead and play even if I know I'm gonna struggle with it? I was eyeing this build previous league but didn't play it because I don't really play alts after making one char pr league. I really don't like going through the campaign again and usually stick to just 1 char. Worth mentioning that the highest tier map I've done in the game is 8, because I usually burn out by then.

I'm not sure how the build performs Life based, but with the buffs to it it's worth giving it a try seeing as you don't play to the highest tiers.
How do you get freeze immmune?

also you have taken Caster mastery which give you +1 intensify but the build doesnt have any intensify I'm guessing it was a mistake.

thx
"
PROPHET wrote:
How do you get freeze immmune?

also you have taken Caster mastery which give you +1 intensify but the build doesnt have any intensify I'm guessing it was a mistake.

thx

Seconding this, where is 15 stacks of Shock coming from?
Sorry for those remnants from an older POB where I was testing things. The +1 Intensify was meant to be Spell Damage per Intelligence. 15 stacks of Shock I no longer remember where it was from.

Freeze Immunity comes from Frigid Wake, but I rushed to get a fixed POB out and didn't notice I took Vile Bastion instead!

The POB included in the guide has been updated with those mistakes changed / excluded.

Last edited by DexBunny on Feb 11, 2022, 12:23:33 PM
PERSONAL COMMENTS:
1) With 3.17 giving EOW a substantial buff while taking away the Hydrosphere interaction almost fully, bossing and single target can be dicey - especially on fast moving targets. To extract all the potential damage you have to constantly fight the annoyance of being at maximum distance.
So far I've found issue only with monsters that either move fast or leap a lot, and Beyond bosses.

2) EOW still seems to function best when bossing if you were trying to hit Hydrosphere behind the boss, this lands the most projectiles and means EOW is now having to be even more mobile than before.

3) Currently at lv93 and closing in on lv94 at around 12Ex invested and every new boss, conquerors, Citrus done (I'm still slow about doing Maven stuff) - the build performs well, but my initial comments during the reveal of patch notes has been turned upside down.

The bossing potential has definitely been shafted for this particular version of the build, it always relied on becoming tanky enough to stand and cast EOW at a decent pace and without Hydrosphere helping land projectiles it feels absurdly slow even if POB says I have enough dps theoretically to blow up a screen.

CLOSING THOUGHTS:

As I currently do not have enough time to fully flesh the build out this league and simply want to have fun doing content at the pace I can and want to, I will be posting one last map showcase (Which you will be able to find in the Videos section of the guide under 3.17 Videos) with my passive tree and items before I move on to something I've been wanting to do all the way back in Ultimatum.

To anyone looking to still play this, I can no longer say with certainty whether or not you should play this, but I do hope the map showcase gives you all the answers!

Thank you everyone, anyone that played the build personally, took inspiration or concepts from it, or even took a look at it. This wasn't my first bespoke build, but it sure felt unique enough and I liked it so much that I even made a guide for it as best I could. All good things come to an end or a stop on the road, it's time I move onto greener pastures!
Yo,

Played your build. Just changed few things.

Removed hydrosphere and replaced it with
Arcanist brand - tornado - bonechill - frostbomb

added also vitality aura and stone golem to counter shitty degens.

Anyway I'm absolutely destroying all content. Finished all elderslayer related challenges. Just yolo alching. They are all dying in seconds. Sirus was a joke, like some random map boss. ES doesnt even budge after his die beams.

Ahh one more thing, I heavily invested into reaching 100% suppression as its just too good to pass. There is mastery that increase crit chance 1% per each supperssion chance so its not a big dps loss. Downside is that spell suppression afixes are usually rolled on dex bases.

I was also running some blight ravaged maps. I can just nuke bosses with the eye of winter alone lol.

Dps 10/10
Survi 8/10
Speed 6/10

I feel like no matter what i try to do there just isnt enough sources of cast speed.
"
MetalHeadMan wrote:
Yo,

Played your build. Just changed few things.

Removed hydrosphere and replaced it with
Arcanist brand - tornado - bonechill - frostbomb

added also vitality aura and stone golem to counter shitty degens.

Anyway I'm absolutely destroying all content. Finished all elderslayer related challenges. Just yolo alching. They are all dying in seconds. Sirus was a joke, like some random map boss. ES doesnt even budge after his die beams.

Ahh one more thing, I heavily invested into reaching 100% suppression as its just too good to pass. There is mastery that increase crit chance 1% per each supperssion chance so its not a big dps loss. Downside is that spell suppression afixes are usually rolled on dex bases.

I was also running some blight ravaged maps. I can just nuke bosses with the eye of winter alone lol.

Dps 10/10
Survi 8/10
Speed 6/10

I feel like no matter what i try to do there just isnt enough sources of cast speed.

Glad you've found success by adapting to the content! I'm rather stubborn on that note and didn't want to change what worked previously and it felt as if I was going nowhere.

As for cast speed, I don't know what happened since last league. In 3.16 I freely casted my things at 0.31s without Tailwind (0.21s with), but this league I couldn't get past 0.45s.
"
Glad you've found success by adapting to the content! I'm rather stubborn on that note and didn't want to change what worked previously and it felt as if I was going nowhere.

As for cast speed, I don't know what happened since last league. In 3.16 I freely casted my things at 0.31s without Tailwind (0.21s with), but this league I couldn't get past 0.45s.

If you are curious how it looks like now.

Here is some short vid of me doing The Hidden with boosted area lvl and 50% quantity (lets not get too crazy lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmMnV_PIqVE

Last edited by MetalHeadMan on Feb 22, 2022, 9:57:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info