From 148k to 66k in two weeks

if only GGG remove crazy mobs dmg buff in scourg ppl would come back
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Next weekend around 75-80k would be my guess.

More T3 items drop now ,after the "buff", but still have the typical Vaal RNG meme outcomes.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:

More T3 items drop now ,after the "buff", but still have the typical Vaal RNG meme outcomes.

Not sure about that. The LA Beta is going to take a big chunk. (including me, I'm done with the PoE league)

And FFXIV expansion on the 23rd. It's over for Scourge af that point. I hope they got the launch revenue they needed.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"

One day later and that 'stable' 43% decrease dropped to 48% decrease. To be fair though, this game does not have a stable player base, every league is a spike followed by a graduated decline so it's the rate of decline that is worth reviewing.

Day two for this and the last league demonstrated 2 in 10 players not coming back to the game after launch, compared with other recent leagues that are typically around 1 in 10.

Losing almost half your players in only 11 days is not a great outcome, although I expect that GGG typically makes most of its revenue in that first 9 day period anyway. Better performing leagues usually reach this point around the 20 to 25 day mark so I find that to be reasonably significant.

Ultimately though what matters is whether the revenue is acceptable to GGG and whether they still have confidence that this direction change for the game is sustainable.

If you check steam numbers for example 3.12, 3.13 and 3.14, you will notice that it takes 2-3 weeks at least to reach half the release day peak numbers.

So 3.15 and 3.16 (abit less) all drop alot faster to half. Chris allready mentioned in the podcast, that the drop was very bad in 3.15 .

Last edited by Kharadas on Nov 3, 2021, 9:18:33 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Not sure about that. The LA Beta is going to take a big chunk. (including me, I'm done with the PoE league)

And FFXIV expansion on the 23rd. It's over for Scourge af that point. I hope they got the launch revenue they needed.

I have been playing Lost Ark casually on Russian servers for around 1 month and a half. I will say that after PoE, having various QoL features like autoloot, stackable items, auction house, large inventory and stash space, adjustable graphics and display settings (like effects intensity, ability to turn off effects of other players etc.), good performance and decent networking (no weird random lag spikes or instance crashes) felt so good, I have no idea how people keep suffering through this jank in PoE (horrible performance and questionable servers in particular). LA feels so much smoother to play (while looking graphically better), it's a definite plus.

Regarding content and gameplay... you will have to see for yourself. Personally I really enjoyed the gameplay, and believe that the hard content is a lot more engaging than PoE's hard content, since it's not balanced around instant life recovery, and you can't make a faceroll build that clears top content in a couple of seconds holding one button. Moreover, there was not ONCE a case of me dying and having no idea what killed me - I always knew what killed me and why I screwed up. However, the game is quite different than PoE in many aspects (will take too long to explain), so if you are expecting "diablo but better" or "PoE but better", you might be dissapointed. Anyway, play beta and take your time, I am pretty sure you will be able to make a good opinion on whether it's something for you by the end of beta.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Nov 2, 2021, 11:52:33 AM
^
I think you must also consider LA has pretty good PvP, something PoE doesn't have anywhere close.

It's a big differentiator.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^
I think you must also consider LA has pretty good PvP, something PoE doesn't have anywhere close.

It's a big differentiator.

I didnt even mention it because I assumed most PoE players are not particularly interested in PvP, and for most of them PvE content is what really going to make it or break it. But yes, PvP, at least in my experience, was addictive and fun, got my bottom handed to me numerous times yet kept coming back since it was engaging. Plus, you can start PvP very early on and it's gear equalized, so you can even play LA as a pure PvP game if you want to.

I still remember my limited experience of PoE PvP. On one of my builds, I could corpse teleport through the whole Sarn arena holding one button and offscreen killing everyone on it, doing my Leo daily in seconds... Was hilarious, but also obviously not the PvP experience most people would want.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Nov 2, 2021, 3:13:42 PM

Looks like a bigger drop off than 3.15.

I wonder if they will introduce some special events like endless Delve or similar to entice people checking this league out.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 7, 2021, 6:31:52 PM
Hopefully they repeal the harvest nerfs. I think more people would enjoy the game with the possibility of making your own build from the bottom up and getting out of the rat-race of currency farming for your build.

Big wish though, since it conflicts with the "vision".
TBH, if you look at the whole chart from launch to today, you will pretty much see the exact same pattern going on 3-4 years now.

In 2015 there where 1k players at one point. This drop off trend hasn't really changed much. I too was under the impression that people were leaving in droves until I looked up the charts over the years and they pretty much stayed the same. High player rate then a big dip 2-4 weeks later going back many, many leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info