High latency in some zones

+1
I have been going slow and am not in maps yet but I keep running across this issue as well. I have tried connecting to a different server but that does not seem to fix the issue.

What I have noticed is that I think the issue is with map creation itself. The reason for this is I'm still running the acts and when I come across a laggy map (which has been often) I simply leave the zone, hold control on the zone door and create a new instance of the zone. Most times the lag is GONE and I can finish the zone. On a few occasions I have had to regenerate the map twice.

I'm fearing when I get to maps though as you can't simply reroll the map like this...
"

I'm fearing when I get to maps though as you can't simply reroll the map like this...

I started running into it right after blood aquaducts and did the same thing by refreshing the zones. Now that I'm at maps its just a waste of my resources to try to start mapping... hopefully GGG can do something about this, but I've seen posts from years ago and no response then either.
Just wanted to add that this has been happening for me as well (since Scourge).
Normally occurs during peek US play times - 2000 - 2200 ET

Have confirmed with ISP that is not their issue.

In acts and maps the normal latency is from 27-30ms steady.

Bad instance will be 150-300ms with loads of jitter.
Resetting instance fixes issues/playing another map/delving/etc fixes the issue.

I'll start pulling connectivity logs if that will help get this some attention; not wasting my time otherwise.

past 3-4 leagues
its constant now(
I guess Im gettin south africans servers somehow
"
pawn218 wrote:
I've also recorded a video. Its only happening to me in maps at the moment. Questing areas and delve and other areas are fine. I'll enter the map, and the latency seems alright. As I move to areas with enemies, it spikes to around 2k-5k, and as I move back to spawn area, it tries to stabilize

https://imgur.com/a/ahoyznf

Your spikes are more fluent...mine just get stuck for 1 second before it get's back to track...

GGG won't help cuz they don't have people to debug technical details.

In some zones I have 0 latency spikes, in some of them i have less while just 1 zone that I found right now was a disaster of lag spikes.

I tried the following:

1. MTR ( 0 losses while noticing the lag spike).
2. Changing the router, the router port , the router cable to the PC.
3. Reinstalling the game twice.
4. Re-installed my Windows.
5. Tried running the stand alone version as well as steam version.
6. Downgraded and also upgraded my drivers ( wanted to test if the newst driver from nvidia was f.... me up, cuz last league I had an older version).
7. Asked some friends that are playing 3 blocks away from me and they have the same problem.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on May 16, 2022, 7:10:46 AM
noticed one thing
japan gateway
bad servers ip looks like 34.xx.xx.xx
good ones 165.xx.xx.xx
I have this lag spike too since yesterday. you can do a "tracert" tothe server.
Mine look like:

11 ms 19 ms 13 ms 94.100.69.29
7 22 ms 15 ms 18 ms be12-rb2-fra14.envia-tel.net [77.235.191.174]
8 16 ms 14 ms 16 ms bbr01.eq01.fra03.networklayer.com [80.81.194.244]
9 26 ms 26 ms 23 ms 22.10.35a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com [169.53.16.34]
10 18 ms 16 ms 16 ms b.10.35a9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com [169.53.16.11]
11 18 ms 17 ms 30 ms 8d.76.b19e.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com [158.177.118.141]
12 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
13 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
14 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.

i live in germany and play on frankfurt server. Why the hell the traffic goes to us. Dunno why. Had this in the past too. Most of the time servers from Company telekom and or Telia were the problem. because the have shitty Hardware to make more money.
I have never seen this problem before until it also happened to me as well. Constant 40-50 pings at ho- 220-250 pings at maps, everytime.
Also i have noticed yesterday evening, i was getting lesser ping at US servers even though i'm located in EU. There's supposed to be gateway issue ?
"
demosty wrote:
I have never seen this problem before until it also happened to me as well. Constant 40-50 pings at ho- 220-250 pings at maps, everytime.
Also i have noticed yesterday evening, i was getting lesser ping at US servers even though i'm located in EU. There's supposed to be gateway issue ?

That really cannot be accurate...

Any routing in the world will have bigger latency in the US if you are located in EU...

There is no T1 carrier that will take you from EU to US without an increase in latency.

Can you give us a MTR because this is rather curious how the routing is done at your ISP level.

Maybe it's a specific ISP that it's causing this latency spikes and we can debug it.

I know that not everyone can change the ISP, but maybe if there are enough evidence that x provider is causing this then maybe we have a common ground...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on May 16, 2022, 3:00:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info