Latency Spikes

Hey,

For over a year now I've been getting latency spikes where my ping is 20-40ms the whole time and then it will go to 1/2k+ for a few seconds where my game is responsive but nothing server side will update. For example I can open menus/inventory etc but once the lag spike ends ill end up somewhere else and die. No other game I play that uses online has this issue for me. I have over the last year reinstalled windows, reinstalled POE, cleared poe setting cache. I have also reinstalled and updated all my drivers. I even upgraded to windows 11 and am still encountering these issues.

PC Specs are:
CPU: 5800x
GPU: 3080
RAM: 32gb 3600mhz cl16
Mobo: asus tuf x570 wifi

The game is also installed on a m2 ssd so its not slow boot times at all. I posted the network info in a pastebin below and I see multiple people in this forum also have similar issue. Wondering if anyone has ever found a solution?

https://pastebin.com/e67fgwDK
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2021, 7:21:43 PM
You are getting packet loss that carries forward from your second hop = bad.

Contact your ISP. Tell them that you are getting packet loss and it's affecting your ability to do what you want to online. Make sure that they see your MTR as that is the proof that they will need to see that something is borked.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Why does it only seem to happen in poe though? I don't get hiccups downloading or playing other games?
That means absolutely nothing.

Different games have different servers in different areas, which means the traffic takes different routes.

Different games/apps handle lag/latency differently, i.e. netcode.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Fair enough. Im trying to troubleshoot if its before my router or after right now. Seems im dropping packets with a ping command to my router (less than 1% but it still seems to be happening)
Wired or wireless? Wireless isn't recommended for POE. If wired and you are dropping a few packets here and there to your router, then switch cables...current one could be slightly borked.

Overall though, this would seem more to do with your ISP's first node than anything else since you trace doesn't show that PL to your router. I'd need to actually see a trace or 2 with that happening to give anything definitive as far as an answer.

I am on wireless, unfortunately I can't do wired where i'm at easily
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
You are getting packet loss that carries forward from your second hop = bad.

Contact your ISP. Tell them that you are getting packet loss and it's affecting your ability to do what you want to online. Make sure that they see your MTR as that is the proof that they will need to see that something is borked.

Im having the same problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GoW6-XkalE

A video aboud what is happening. I used WinMTR to track Brazilian Server.

My problem is that I never had it before, and played like 2 days before the launch. Also earlier the launch to move some currencies in REMOVE TABS. Game was fine until servers went down for the launch.

After that I cant play more than 5 minutes without having latency spikes. And most of the time I die cause mobs (lol).
So found the solution. My 5ghz wifi band was dropping packets but the 2.4ghz one doesn't. Not sure why but its working now. Thanks for the help
"
Toadrum wrote:
So found the solution. My 5ghz wifi band was dropping packets but the 2.4ghz one doesn't. Not sure why but its working now. Thanks for the help

Hrrrm, there must be some form of interference floating about. There a phone base or something near the router that's 5ghz? Or something else that's 5ghz in the general pathing of the wireless signal?

Glad you got it sorted though. Just something to think about^.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info