4-5 times longer loading time in 3.16

I have ssd, which I bought just for poe. It used to work like a charm until this patch. My friends encountered this problem as well, and it's really annoying to wait extra 30s every time I enter the rogue harbour.

This is my worst experience in poe history so far, and I played every single league since beta..
Last edited by Vaal_temple on Oct 24, 2021, 9:53:16 AM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2021, 7:56:05 PM
Same here.
I have been having the same issue with load times, upwards 30 seconds into Oriath.

Textures entering maps also fail to load completely. I can't see my abilities for the first 20 seconds whenever I portal into a map (doesn't need to be first map portal).

Same also happens to Clouds in Sirus fight, can't seem them at all at start zoning into room. It was much better last patch for some reason.
I'm having same issues. NPCs don't load in most times either.
Same here. Last league I got loading-screens of 3-4 seconds, Oriath sometimes like 5-6. Now I am upto 30 seconds in Oriath, 20 going back to my hideout.

On top I do crash like once per 2 maps.

And I got huge lagspikes every now and then....

Strange. This patch/ update wasn't good for me.
Yeah I have an M.2 SSD and last league load times were fine. Now it's awful. The problem is that when you go into a boss like maven invitations, you sit in a 20 second load and if you have any pets, the bosses just keep ramping and ramping to no end while you sit in load screen. It makes things like maven invitations SO MUCH HARDER for no reason other than poor coding.

Please disable bosses targeting pets while you are in load immunity for pity's sake.@GGG
Last edited by Djinndeity on Nov 3, 2021, 8:55:19 AM
Same Problem here any solutions? It's the technical Support forum and no answers so far?
I'm having the same issue. Sometimes it will take over a minute to load a town or hideout (Rogue Harbour is especially bad for some reason). I'm using an SSD and have never ran into this issue before.
I've tried:
Using Vulkan and DirectX
Setting Nvidia shader cache to unlimited
Playing in windowed, fullscreen windowed, and fullscreen
Messing with Graphics settings

Nothing seems to change the long loading time.

What I've noticed looking in Task Manager is that the game will enter a loading screen, do nothing for about 30 seconds, then go "Not responding" for a period. Then, the GPU usage will bounce from 0.1% to ~80% 1-5 times. Sometimes, I can sometimes hear things going on in town or in my hideout for a bit before the loading screen goes away.

Relaunching doesn't make the load times shorter. They're long from the get-go.
This has been an issue for me since 3.16 launch. Had no problems that I can remember in 3.15.

Thankfully no crashes really. Packcheck said everything is fine.
Last edited by fudgerockers on Nov 23, 2021, 9:13:06 AM
League started over a month ago.
no replies from tech support staff?

if you die in a blighted map there's no chance to get back in in time
Same here - GGG can you please support? Thank you in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info