Got a map device without doing Kirac map intro quest

Found an expedition map in act 6 and decided to do it right away. Went to my hideout and gave Dannig the map which spawned portals around him. I entered the expedition and completed the map but when I returned the portals were around my map device (the device wasn't there when I entered the expedition). Hence I got a map device in my hideout pre Kitava. Didn't care much about it untill I killed Kitava and came to Oriath to speak with Kirac. Kirac didn't offer me any quests about getting a new map device so I went to my hideout and tried to use a map which worked. The problem now is that Kirac isn't in my hideout and I can't invite him to it either.
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2021, 10:41:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Seems as if this is reproducible, I got the same issue by doing an Alva temple right after I killed Kitava.

More precisely, I seem to have skipped the quest "Picking Up the Pieses", since that is the quest which unlocks Kirac in the hideout, according to the decoration's tooltip. Right now my quest log's active quest is "Chasing a Dream".

Furthermore, I cannot open my atlas: Kirac is not in my hideout, so I don't have that option, "g" does nothing and the game menu entry is not present. I guess all of that is tied to a quest I seem to have skipped.

+ Character: Morlril (this account)
Last edited by izruo on Oct 24, 2021, 7:45:28 AM
My case is similar to SliwJR

+ Drop a Logbook before finish act 10 and do it right away by giving to Dannig in my Hideout
+ After finish with the Logbook I'm portal back to my Hideout and Map Device appear (when I go in, the portal appear around Dannig, when I go out, the portal move to around the newly appear Map Device)
+ Now I don't get the Kirac quest line, I try to do it with out the quest and it work until The Haunted Reliquary part where Kirac don't show up so I can't open the door that require Kirac and me to stand on two circle (Kirac did show up in 2 map before The Haunted Reliquary)
+ When I killed Baran he did not drop any watchstone (I did check in zana and Kirac if they hold the watchstone or not, and they didn't) and I think my game are stuck.

+ Here my bug report number: 328.773.912 https://imgur.com/a/N7eXLBl
+ Character: acac_scourge (in this account)

Update: the 2nd and 3rd conquerors I kill did drop watchstone, so I think my case are fine now
Last edited by acac1581 on Oct 24, 2021, 6:45:25 PM
Seems this is less reproducible than I initially thought.

I tried doing the missing quest manually (hence without the explicit quest objectives): I went through the three locations in Oriath, doing all the things I cannot name but just know to do inherently after so many leagues, and all went smooth. In contrast to acac, Kirac was there and stood on the second trigger plate at the end to open the door.

After all that I did not complete the quest, however, Kirac showed up in my hideout and talking to him opened the atlas and he offered me a map reward.

I did not yet have a conquerer encounter to see whether s/he drops a watchstone, but as of now I do not need further support in this matter.
"
izruo wrote:
Seems as if this is reproducible, I got the same issue by doing an Alva temple right after I killed Kitava.

+ Character: Morlril (this account)

i have the same issue with izruo where i did an alva temple and now the quest active with "chasing a dream"

Pressing G does nothing and i cannot open the altas

Character: SFAGASDGF
Last edited by Hola6678 on Oct 25, 2021, 5:03:13 AM
I had no map device until I ran a temple, then I could run maps, but not access atlas. Also Kirac was only in town and not in my hideout, so I could not buy any maps.

Can confirm that it is fixed by running the 3 Kirac quests even though they are not listed. After that Kirac is in the hideout and everything works again.

A bug indeed....
I can confirm, I had an alva temple as well. running Kirac's missions on Oriath gave me access to the atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info