[SOLVED] Path of Exile won't launch and doesn't show any errors

TLDR : unplugged second monitor and worked.

Been trying to start POE for the past 3 days the process did show up but nothing happened, tried both Steam and Standalone versions, tried w/ and w\ GeForce Experience, latest drivers, older drivers, checked files multiple times, cleared cache multiple times, anti-virus/malware softwares are all down including the obvious ones firewall/defender, edited the config to run dx11, dx9, vulkan, windowed & fullscreen modes, restarted pc on clean boot, client and both x32 and x64 exe files of PoE are running as admin, tried other comptability modes, cleared windows temporary files, no updates available.

Just decided to unplug my second monitor and it started working. I hope it may help someone that was in the same situation.

Edit: replugged my second monitor and I'm getting the same issue, was playing last few seasons with those same monitors and never had such an issue. Don't really want to unplug&replug my second monitor everytime I start POE...

Edit 2: Re-identified screens through windows monitors configuration and now it does work with the second monitor on
Last edited by DoecKy on Oct 23, 2021, 8:04:21 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 12:23:46 PM
I've had a similar issue lately.
I'm playing from a laptopt hooked to a 1440p screen with display port.
Playing on 1440p monitor i never had an issue, since yesterday i starting playing when i had customers cancelling at work; so just on my laptop screen and nothing happens, i can't get past the black screen on start up. tried everything, litteraly everything... don't know what to do
i would love to be able to map while i have downtime at work :'(
I am having similar issues. When i look at the logs for standalone game it mentioned corrupted data and unable to decompress.

I have tried:
- uninstall/reinstall
- verifying game files (steam)
- packcheck as admin (standalone)
- changing the readonly status of the folders
- checking permissions
- restarting PC

I will try:
- unplugging monitors

I don't know what else to do.
mine to started 2 days ago. goes to the black screen and then drops to nothing.
Tried all the things that was mentioned above and i dont have a second monitor. Still cant fix it.
bump

can we have this thread re-opened?
"
Fullrom wrote:
bump

can we have this thread re-opened?

the thread is not closed so I don't know what you mean by reopen ??
Also GGG doesn't offer TECH support "for the moment" (been like this for several years now), so this is something you will need to fix yourself or by help from the community.....
thanks for the input, i just meant remove the tag "solved" by original poster so we get more attention from the community ^^
crazy enough if i turn on my laptop while hooked through he display port to a monitor; PoE launches perfectly. If i turn on my laptop without being hooked to the monitor i get black screen with no launch.

So to play PoE on laptop i need to turn on the laptop while being hooked, launch PoE, go to sleep mode and then it works :'D
microsoft visual c redistributable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info