[Posion Concotion] Could anyone confirm me this?

Cause I will invest in ACC and I don't want to waste points for nothing

Last bumped on Oct 21, 2021, 5:45:27 PM
That information is wrong. That would be like saying slam skills don't need accuracy to hit. They do, unless you use resolute technique of course. It's an attack, and therefore can be evaded, which is countered by your accuracy rating.
Last edited by Bardharr on Oct 20, 2021, 4:06:07 PM
"
Bardharr wrote:
That information is wrong. That would be like saying slam skills don't need accuracy to hit. They do, unless you use resolute technique of course. It's an attack, and therefore can be evaded, which is countered by your accuracy rating.

But it isn't because it leaves a puddle on the floor.
Caustic arrow also leaves a puddle on the floor after hitting any target after which it damages monsters without needing to hit them.

Unless the poison concoction disappears if not hit on a mob, I don't see it possibly needing a hit either.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
It's an AoE Projectile Attack as per the gem so it needs accuracy. Caustic Arrow explicitly leaves Caustic Ground so unless they add the same to Poisonous Concoction it's not going to have the same interaction.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Bardharr wrote:

But it isn't because it leaves a puddle on the floor.
Caustic arrow also leaves a puddle on the floor after hitting any target after which it damages monsters without needing to hit them.

Unless the poison concoction disappears if not hit on a mob, I don't see it possibly needing a hit either.

Caustic arrow puddle does not hit, and is created at the end of the lifespan. Caustic arrow's hit component that does an aoe hit CAN miss and deal no damage, similarly to poisonous concoction. Poisonous concoction does not leave a damage over time puddle, and only deals damage when it hits, so it will still be subject to accuracy. The last time an attack with an area damage hit effect not requiring accuracy existed was explosive arrow, and that dealt secondary damage rather than attack damage, and has been changed for quite some time.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
Confirm this for me*

Yeesh
It does requier accuracy, and doesnt, just like Caustic Arrow. Caustic Arrow have two parts of the damage - hit damage, and DoT. DoT will always do dmg, but you can miss the hit (because of low accuracy) and miss hte hit dmg.
Last edited by Aynix on Oct 20, 2021, 8:16:14 PM
The gem itself has ATTACK / AOE / CHAOS / PROJECTILE

And the description says; "Throws an explosive bottle that deals unarmed attack damage in an area and has a chance to poison"

So unless they specifically decided this skill doesn't need accuracy, everything it says suggest it does. In fact, there's zero wording on the skill that suggest it leaves poison on the ground for further damage. There's no duration tag, and NOTHING in the skill says anything about damage over time (except of course for the chance to poison).

So, it *should* require accuracy as it's an attack.

But hey, been wrong before.
Last edited by Bleu42 on Oct 20, 2021, 10:37:59 PM
It's an attack. It has no separate ground effects a la Caustic Arrow. It needs to hit an enemy to work. Attacks need accuracy or cannot be evaded to hit enemies. It's really pretty straightforward.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
It requires accuracy, it doesn't leave anything on the ground I don't know why multiple posters are saying it does :p

Its just poison variant explosive concoction all the interactions will be the same with the exception of it being more viable because it has the stacking ailment (poison)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info