3.16 is disappointing, more powercreep for the wealthy and no toning down of OP content

It's easy to nerf the support gems because everyone is using them, but when you get right down to it, the real power comes from items. T1 mods, influenced mods, elevated mods, and cluster jewel stacking. These are all powercreep. None of them have been looked at. And to make matters worse, none of the game content that rewards, or even requires, said powercreep were looked at in 3.16. Incursion timers, Delirium timers, Legion timers, Heist enemies being too strong. No changes here. Not worse enough for you? Scourge league itself is also a timed encounter plus they're adding more things that'll benefit the rich players.

Can you sit there and tell me to my face that this game needed Mageblood?

Oh and let's not forget Perandus league getting killed off. Personally I'm not bothered by this, but this sets a precedent going forward. How long will it be until yours gets the axe? How long until Breach, Metamorph, Blight, Delirium, or whatever is next to die? It may be a long time, maybe never, but it's always possible.

So in short, the game's only gotten worse for the majority of players for no reason. The wealthy will just pick up their OP modded gear like before and go "welp, see ya", leaving the rest of us to struggle through endgame.

I'm not sure how long I'll be playing Scourge league when it launches, if at all. There's very little that it offers which convinces me to want to play this league. The only good thing that it brings to the table are the new passive masteries, but those will take passive points so I'm not sure how many people are going to krangle their passive setups to utilize them.

Adding more to this:

It's not a matter of competition between the rich and poor, slow versus the fast, but rather a matter of viability. Slow builds and poor players have been getting worse and worse with every nerf to players in the name of "reducing power creep" (yet that still exists for the rich, funny that) or buffing enemies.

Just take a look at strike melee builds in general. They're a joke, yet GGG is compelled to keep smacking them over and over again. In order for them to continue staying viable, they have to pump as much currency as they can just to remain relevant. Combine that with constantly adding more leagues with timers on them, it won't be much longer until it becomes a dead archetype nobody wants to use. It might as well be a meme at this point. Toxic Rain OP? Better nerf strike skills!

I don't understand this obsession with adding timers to everything. Speed clear builds aren't at all affected by them existing and can completely wipe out all Scourge mobs in a map, thus it only serves to punish players who are playing something slower or can't afford to make something stronger. It's not a matter of competition at this point. Slower and poorer players are simply being edged out of existence.

And yet people want to praise the game for its build diversity? Ha! Good one! The only diversity you're getting is whether you want to use Mageblood or Headhunter.

It would be nice if GGG added more rewarding bosses or something. Since Harvest and Beastcrafting got gutted, Maven's just not worth running anymore, and she's probably the best endgame boss GGG has ever released in a long time. The last time we had a boss league was Metamorph. There's so much untapped potential here, yet GGG would rather just keep fluffing up speedy players and time-gating everyone else.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 29, 2021, 11:08:18 AM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2022, 8:35:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The fact that you don't get how powerful these new mastery thingy are is all that I need to gauge how your understanding of POE is. Bye and stay safe ^^.
"
iMirageX wrote:
The fact that you don't get how powerful these new mastery thingy are is all that I need to gauge how your understanding of POE is. Bye and stay safe ^^.

Judging by what little we were allowed to see, most of those perks seem incredibly niche and provided only small benefits. For example, in the reveal stream, they showed minion defense masteries and the one that lets you apply links to them seemed like the best that list offered.

Feel free to prove me wrong though.

EDIT:
None of this really stands out as OP except for maybe the fire damage conversion.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 15, 2021, 1:46:20 PM
Well re: Perandus league going away, it really was a dead league mechanic with no real purpose anymore. Ritual was essentially Perandus 2.0, there's not much purpose to having both exist at the same time. I liked Perandus while it was going on, but if GGG wants to phase out some of the obsolete leagues (like they said they would start doing at Exilecon) it's probably best for the game.

Also on the chopping block as of Exilecon are Tormented Spirits, Prophecies, and Talismans, so I'd expect those to be the next ones out.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
iMirageX wrote:

Judging by what little we were allowed to see, most of those perks seem incredibly niche and provided only small benefits. For example, in the reveal stream, they showed minion defense masteries and the one that lets you apply links to them seemed like the best that list offered.

ya +8% MAX resi for minions is really bad...

there is one mastery that deals with corrupted blood
there are powefull options and you dont have to travel around the whole tree to take some of the more unique mods that were on notables in the past

without the full info we cant be sure....
btw the league corruption mods are INSANE if you can find a "drawback" that barely or doesnt hurt you

these corruptions are rather easy to get even though you might not get exacly what you want
"
Well re: Perandus league going away, it really was a dead league mechanic with no real purpose anymore. Ritual was essentially Perandus 2.0, there's not much purpose to having both exist at the same time. I liked Perandus while it was going on, but if GGG wants to phase out some of the obsolete leagues (like they said they would start doing at Exilecon) it's probably best for the game.

Also on the chopping block as of Exilecon are Tormented Spirits, Prophecies, and Talismans, so I'd expect those to be the next ones out.

Oh believe me, I get it. I also heard Prophecy was going away in the foreseeable future, according to an older stream with Chris.

But my concern still stands. Once those leagues disappear, which ones will be next? Will it be your favorite? There's no telling how this will pan out.

Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 15, 2021, 2:07:54 PM
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
iMirageX wrote:

ya +8% MAX resi for minions is really bad...

there is one mastery that deals with corrupted blood
there are powefull options and you dont have to travel around the whole tree to take some of the more unique mods that were on notables in the past

without the full info we cant be sure....
btw the league corruption mods are INSANE if you can find a "drawback" that barely or doesnt hurt you

these corruptions are rather easy to get even though you might not get exacly what you want

I said 'niche' and 'provided only small benefits', not 'really bad'. Let's get that out of the way first. An 8% increased max res for minions is useful, whether it's "sacrifice a passive you need elsewhere for it" worthy is a different story. The same goes for corrupted blood.

Seeing as I never talked about the Scourge 'crafts', I might as well mention them now: It's more gambling, more things that'll benefit the rich and offer little to improve everyone else. Powercreep, for the rich, again.

Man this game has gone down hill and the people are the worst just nasty people . I will be skipping this league for the most part to play command and conquer 3 yup that is how boring this game has become to me .. You can be nasty and insult other players as much as you like but the numbers are not on your side keep this up the servers WILL be very empty..
"
blueeyedevil wrote:
Man this game has gone down hill and the people are the worst just nasty people . I will be skipping this league for the most part to play command and conquer 3 yup that is how boring this game has become to me .. You can be nasty and insult other players as much as you like but the numbers are not on your side keep this up the servers WILL be very empty..

Have fun I guess :)

been playing the remasters recently, was quite fun for a while.
in like every thread that someone complains about certain mechanics everyone seems to antagonize these people without even bringing good arguments
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info