From PC to Console, I like trade market! Can we have mod search too?

Hi,

I have been playing many leagues in PC and recently joined console, overall I am very happy about it and love the concept of trade market.

Just one very important thing missing, can we have mod search on the top level of trade market page, just add a search bar to input eg. "minion life" or "elemental resistance" and relevant items will be shown in the result instead of going category by category
to search for gear, I think it will greatly improvement the user experience of using trade market.

I was finding a minion helmet but due to the smaller player base, it is difficult to only target one item name at a time.

Cheers,
Last edited by realm9thfeb on Oct 14, 2021, 5:26:43 AM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2021, 3:16:23 PM
you can do that but its shitty. in the box you write in quotations the mod name seperated by commas. for example if i wanted to search for items that had life, cold res, and fire res, and rare items only i would put

"to maximum life", "fire res", "cold res" rare

rare doesnt need to be in quotes. cant rember if you need the commas either. its kinda buggy. and you cant search for minimum amounts. but in this example atleast it would just highlight for you only items that were rare, and had life fire and cold res. you can do this with any mod. you'll just have to look up the exact mod name to type it in right.
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
"
oldmunchi wrote:

rare doesnt need to be in quotes. cant rember if you need the commas either. its kinda buggy. and you cant search for minimum amounts.

Quotes are necessary where there are spaces in the text (you can technically use an escaped whitespace character instead, but I like quotes better).

Commas are not necessary in the described search, but are for some others.

You *can* search for minimum values, it's just a pain. And sometimes it's more pain that it's worth, depending on exactly what you're looking for.

A few leagues back, they changed the filter to RegEx.

You can google RegEx to find out how to use it. It's a common and powerful programming tool for filtering text.

There were several threads on this forum after the change, and they include lots of examples of searches you can do post-regex that didn't work before.

One of these examples is with values.

Let's suppose we're filtering body armours, and we want to only see ones with 100 or more life. You filter "1[0-9][0-9] to maximum life" to find values between 100 and 199. You could also use "1.. to maximum life", but that technically matches 10-19 as well as 100-199. Since a non-unique body armour can never have 200+ life in a single mod, this will find all the body armours with 100 or more.

One important limitation of this is, as I said, "in a single mod". So if an armour had 90 life a rolled mod, plus a crafted hybrid mod giving 15 life, it still wouldn't show up in our search, even though it has 105 life on it. That can be either a good thing or a bad thing.

The first number doesn't have to be static either. Suppose we are instead searching for an item with 100 to 599 accuracy on it. It would be "[1-5][0-9][0-9] to accuracy rating".

Also note that you only need to use enough text to make sure it's a match, you don't need the whole modifier name. So "[1-5][0-9][0-9] to acc" is sufficient.

Likewise, "e res" is fire resistance, "d res" is cold resistance", "g res" is lightning resistance, and "s res" is chaos resistance.
"
The first number doesn't have to be static either. Suppose we are instead searching for an item with 100 to 599 accuracy on it. It would be "[1-5][0-9][0-9] to accuracy rating".

so if i wanted to search for say an item with over 70 max life, how would i do that? would it be "[7-9][0-9] to maximum life" ? or would that only show items that had up to 99 life but not more?
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Thanks for the informative reply, I will try it later.

I think [7-9][0-9] refers to 70-99 filter range, since type words is harder on console, i guess “[7-9][0-9] ma li ” will do the trick.

I am thinking of keyboard attachment pad might be a great solution for typing

but again the filter will not hide deselected items but grey out, this is another painful part.
Last edited by realm9thfeb on Oct 24, 2021, 1:15:44 AM
Just in case some don’t know you can press L3 + triangle on an item type in the AH and it will only highlight items for sale. This also works in your inventory. It will take you straight to the AH and show those items listed for sale. This is good for price checks. Just be careful when doing this on influenced items. It will only show items with that influence.

Also, you can do searches for influences. So redeemer, crusader etc.

As for all that searching for +100 max life only I wouldn’t recommend it. Fractured items won’t add the modifiers together. Besides if you narrow down the search enough you won’t have much to look thru anyways. My searches look something like this.

L3 + Triangle for items for sale almost always, than “maximum life” “fire resistance” “chaos resistance”

This will narrow it down by a huge margin and you won’t miss a great item because it has +99 maximum life.
If you don’t find anything you can than toggle off the option in the bottom right corner that shows only people online and put in a bid to someone who will see it when they login.

This is why I stay logged in all day, even when i’m not playing. Most people search for items from people who are online for quicker transactions. I do my daily stuff around the house, check in every once in a while, and sell off my transactions. You’ll make tons of currency this way if you play a lot and sell a lot.
"
realm9thfeb wrote:
T
I think [7-9][0-9] refers to 70-99 filter range, since type words is harder on console, i guess “[7-9][0-9] ma li ” will do the trick.

Not in quotes like that it won't.

When it's inside quotes, you need to spell everything out.

And if you just do [7-9][0-9] max life

You would match items that have 75 accuracy, some max mana or ES, and regenerate life. As well as a zillion other combinations.

If you want to cut characters on life searches, the minimum is "x to Maximum L" where X is the range you want to find.

Different mods have different shortcuts.

And it's generally much easier to do searches without number ranges. For example, you can just do "e res" for Fire Resistance. But if you want forty or more, you need to do "[4-5][0-9]% to fire r". I think you could technically stop a little earlier, maybe after the f, but I'd have to look over the entire mod pool to be sure it wouldn't match anything else.

EDIT to add: The filter for a priced item is ~. Just include ~ at the beginning of your search (it works at the end as well, but results can inconsistent if it's anywhere in the middle).
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 24, 2021, 1:45:18 PM
Thanks and I have confirmed your method works! finally i can enjoy some proper trade search on console!

Argh...ggg could have done an internal filter like browser version for console or something,as a player coming from PC to Console, I find console has huge potential to shine on poe, with the latest implementation of league expansion.

Come on GGG! put the game on xbox cloud like you did on steam and geforce now, there are 30 million users on xcloud!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info