Allow lockstep on console since dodge and block are heavily nerfed in 3.16

For years I have relied on high block characters to survive the routine 3 second desyncs I get on Xbox (one and now series s) and Ps4 pro.
Chris has stated that lockstep doesn't feel great with controller, well it feels terrible dying on a lvl 95 + character to basically game error.
Give us the option to choose, allow lockstep on Console.
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 12, 2021, 4:21:53 AM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2021, 3:35:40 AM
There is already lockstep on...
Try to play on bad network, your game will look like 5fps due sync with servers when on pc you would be able to switch to Client predictive and enjoy game but desync more often.
Last edited by Reborn409 on Oct 19, 2021, 10:48:56 AM
Its not true lockstep, I have played alot on pc. On xbox I have a video of desyncing for 40 secs plus to full stacks of darkness probably because of one desync near a cave entrance.
Chris has stated its a hybrid model as he feels full lockstep feels terrible with a controller.
Im saying give us the choice.
I don't know if it's true, but I have read that we don't have lockstep on consoles because Sony/Microsoft don't give apps low level access to the network card, which is required for lockstep to function. And that's why we have "hybrid". Which at least makes some logical sense.

Again, this was on Reddit or these forums as some guy saying "one of the devs told me", but I have no way to authenticate it.
^^
Its an interesting point, at the end of the day I doubt anything will change till POE 2.0 . Chris has stated at some point in the future he would like to move poe to one primary client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info