Communication and the Sacred Orb

Not excited about this. I'm not playing (good) enough to be a nolifer at this game, but more than a casual i reckon. Still think this quality on armour mechanic will take too much to invest into and will feel too rare, especially in SSF environments.

On the contrary; instead of feeling like an ''oh boi, an upgrade to the same item i already had'' it will probably feel like ''oh i found my item but does it have the new quality? no? ok, then it feels worse than before, even when finding a shavs or other t1 unique'' for the 99% of the community. And i'm also guessing all items acquired through div cards will have 0 of the new stat, as new league mechanics or changes always seem to ignore div cards (talisman annoints hello).

Cater to the top end and taunt the literal 99%+ of the playerbase with stuff they'll never have. And the devs wonder why we call them out of touch and ask if they play their own game. Chris has a vision for the game? Yea, he likes stuff unobtainable and hardcore; and created a game played by people that want obtainble and softcore mainly. Can't have it both man; make a choice whom to cater to.
"
RubikMonat wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:
This changes nothing. the real game is still outside gameplay. It's trade and third party exploitation, either streaming or discord or some other outside party/guild organization.

Nerfing auras will just make that number of elite cooperatives and system exploiters more rich and more rare.

This game is becoming just a boring satire of what ignorant people think the real world is like.

All the core problems with poe remain. Chief among which is a complete lack of reason to trust the dev team.

You talk about transparency but still no damage log. And so much is done behind the veil of server side calculation that it's simply foolish to trust the word of the dev team about anything.

Every league is the same, and standard is frozen. ............................................................
Poe feels like a dented can of spinach in the apocalypse. I'm grateful to have it, but it's a miserable meal none the less.

All the rest is just claptrap and glitter meant to distract us from the perpetual core betrayal of selling out to a gigacorp and never lowering prices.

The tightest bind I have to this game is dead friends, old memories, and no real alternatives.

GGG doesn't deserve the honor of hosting their names in my friendlist. And it's disgraceful what a monument to greed this company has become.

Let me guess, deleted for "needless negativity." Probation or dogpiled by zealous fans in 3... 2... 1...

very well put, they are balancing for streamers again. The first defensive buff we need is a death log, not another variable, and doing nothing about the loot clutter that causes an uneven playing field for the IRL poorer people who cant afford a beast machine to render piles of garbage.

DOES THIS HAVE TO BE REPEATED OFTEN ... for such things to be written

The developer completely does not listen to players' requests:
* Record of Death Log - even if it were to be an option that the player would have to buy within the account as a service
* Auction House for the PLAYER - as an option for players with several years of experience to purchase as an extension of the account functionality (so that they can finally start playing league content, without wondering if there is any sense in continuous inter-league migration). It can be made dependent on the purchased support packages and purchased premiums and quad tabs, as well as since the account exists - TO AVOID ABUSE
* Separation in LEAGUE and STANDARD to avoid situations such as in 3.15 (because errors in balancing the mechanic are too frequent)

I like your idea to improve armour defence

BUT I would suggest to add additional information on the type of damage and amount that caused our character death. Then we would know what improvement is required for our character defenses whether to increase armour, resistance, curses immunity or ailment avoidance

Even after recording my game play, i could not identify the cause of death ... maybe some damage are invisible

As a player who selling crafted bases and play 500+h\ league

If bases got (old AR\EV\ES values ) + (new 0-15% values) and only new range can rolled whith this orb its ok .
If not ill just filtered all the good bases , and thats all . Bec nobody will buy base for crafting whith low rolls .
its just more filtering . and i am sure nobody will use that orb ever . you just start whith top rolled base .
If GGG want us to use this orb on already good droped items , well i got a bad news for GGG , nobody pick up rare items , exept they already Identified and you see the reward .
Anarchy ING @LebikCi
"OKAY" , but you know... NFTs... I personally prefer to get money for the time spend in game , instead of some equipment of pixels that will be trash after 3 to 6 months of "fixings" !

? ? ? ? EXALTED ORB NFTs WHEN ? ? ? ?

THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
Last edited by cjbLazin on Oct 12, 2021, 1:47:14 AM
It doesn't matter if you "clear up misunderstanding". Dumb idea is dumb. Yet another layer of RNG rather than just buffing bases. And we already got something that works EXACTLY like that. Quality.
Also how wonderful. Adding yet another orb that is almost not obtainable in ssf.
Why can't you just buff bases with flat 10%? So much simpler, better and faster without introducing yet another retarded layer of RNG. We got enough of that.
1. RNG base
2. RNG socket
3. RNG link
4. RNG color socket
5. RNG base item stat
6. RNG mods
7. RNG lvl of mods

Why tf add to this one more layer that will be almost impossible to change for normal player???

No Chris. This is not about misunderstanding. We understand this and I think that this idea is dumb.
"
The Sacred Orb is more than three times rarer than an Exalted Orb.

You self-created a problem and solved it with another RNG layer? Lul, wtf is wrong with you? Just delete those sacred orbs and let all bases have exact same rolls.

People will just filter out all low-rolled bases, and that's it. Nobody will craft on bad bases, and items from the floor are too trash to use them.
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Variable base defense on armour is a system that doesn't need to exist, and just makes it harder than it already is to get to the starting line for crafting. The fact that the sacred orb is going to be rarer than an exalt is just adding insult to injury.

Most players who want to craft aren't going to bother crafting anything that isn't on the best base with a high or perfect variable defense roll. Adding on to already wanting a high ilvl, good base, and influence (x2).
Damn there are some whining "i want everything just for me and bugger off anyone elses opinion" @$%$#@'s in poe. You sick of things here? bugger off and let all the true fans and interested partys stay and have fun. Run back to reddit where you can whinge and moan with the other loud mouthed complainers.. This is a free game of incredible intricacy's and new content ever 3 months..

Constructive criticism is fine and is in fact encouraged but hating on everything because "its not how you like it" is a kids tantrum.
Why don't you do something for the casual player for once instead of wasting dev time on this crap that we will never see. Im lucky if I can hit L90 on a single toon without dieing 300 times in a league.

Not everyone is a streamer you know. How about implementing something that would help me, like a death log so I can see why I die or putting some good (not best just good) gear for common metas behind a farmable boss so I can try other builds without being priced out the market until league end.

Stop being so f***ing arrogant and stop pandaing to your top 0.1% pay pigs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info