Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Witch Decay (Stormburst) for 3.16

I'm curious about how the build looks in action, the twitch link seems to be dead so could you upload another map run?
Sorry, I have done everything I wanted to do this league and I am taking a break right now.

It basically feels like ignite flameblast, although I have to say, that this league I managed to get the stormburst balls to do noticable damage to bosses, too... I am still wondering about the possibilities of a hybrid build.

The Decay build was not particularly great for the very time focussed league mechanic (I guess no channeled spell was doing that well and DoTs were not exactly favoured either...)
The build is pretty good for the endgame bosses. Maven is not very pleasant, but I guess if I ever buy a cane of Kulemak with 3 useful affixes she would be a breeze. I am not doing The Feared, although there is a decent chance to succeed.
The occultist build is not really suited for the simulacrum past wave 20, because you kind of need max block and eventually the damage is not there anymore.

I will try trickster next league, because he now has free access to Supreme Ego. I tried to crangle it on a Brass Dome, but that's not really a realistic goal (although I got a nice +life Brass Dome out of my experiments).

Edit:
March of the Legion really goes exceptionally well with this build (you can get the auras to last a minute), but it makes the build less comfortable... It is a matter of taste, but I will certainly go for it on league start. Combine this approach with an early Brass Dome and a Grey Spire and you never have to worry about elemental damage until your damage is high enough and you don't need the resistances anymore.
Last edited by Luveluen on Nov 17, 2021, 6:59:47 PM
Where did you get 1200% decay synergy?!
Wording of 3.16 Storm bursts: "Exploding Orbs deal 75% of Skill Damage for each 0.4 seconds of remaining Duration". Base skill damage 114-171.
Decay just gives its OWN DOT and does not stacking at all!
Ingame specifications and POB confirms it.
Last edited by Max_ak on Jan 7, 2022, 4:26:02 AM
"
Max_ak wrote:
Where did you get 1200% decay synergy?!
Wording of 3.16 Storm bursts: "Exploding Orbs deal 75% of Skill Damage for each 0.4 seconds of remaining Duration". Base skill damage 114-171.
Decay just gives its OWN DOT and does not stacking at all!
Ingame specifications and POB confirms it.

Decay is not "it's own dot".
By definition, skills supported by Decay inflict decay (as part of the skill itself), so they inherit all relevant mods. With Storm Burst there is a problem with estimating the remaining duration, so it's not supported in POB (yet).

It's also similar to Arc+Decay, which actually is supported in POB and used to be relevant to Hexblast, before they changed it to specifically damage with "hits" and damage with "ailments"

This has been tested well enough to confirm that it actually works
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Well "skills supported by Decay inflict decay" its absolutely clear.
Storm bursts reapplay decay each 0.4 seconds. Duration doesn't even matter. Сhannel skill can endlessly support Decay with LIMIT 843 base decay damage per second. So we don't have real Decay multipliers. And its even unnecessary to add Decay more often than 8 seconds for each target.
Am I wrong?
Last edited by Max_ak on Jan 11, 2022, 10:37:24 AM
Hey! Looks like a fun build that I think I'm going to try to league start in 3.17! I was just wondering if you were going to update the guide for it or give your thoughts on the patch notes?
If some are interested, I league started this build in 3.17 and it went VERY well.
Managed to make it very tanky (300k ehp) and still do a fair amount of damage (2-3M dot dps)

I was hesitant in creating a new build guide for it but I think it'd be better to post it in this one to contribute to the conversation.

This build is original and extremely fun!

Here is the PoBin

https://pobb.in/27olrcMeEYdG

Tankiness against regular mobs example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPo06_Pt45Y (sorry for the loud music in the recording)
T16 100+ quant map : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsW8fxb7beA

There is a small write up about the build in the Notes section of PoB or directly on PoBin as well as multiple tree / item sets depending on investment, but I did not invest more than 10ex in this build in the whole league.
Was a great starter and lots of fun :)
Last edited by Diacred on May 7, 2022, 10:22:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info