Tempest Shield. The new favourite of low reservation auras?

"
Tempest Shield has been reworked to become a 25% Reservation Effect that provides a large amount of Spell Block as well as an Immunity to Shock. It still has the property of shooting out Lightning on Block, and the Damage has been significantly buffed.

Flesh and Stone only has 20% blind now and is way less efficient than Tempest Shield with no investement.

I assume most will pick it up early campaign and keep it very long for its spell block and shock immunity.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 7, 2021, 4:22:56 AM
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2021, 3:11:22 PM
Maybe this build will actually make a comeback in some form?! - https://youtu.be/gqvE66YFRO4
I guess it depends on how much spell block there is. Otherwise it will probably be used primarily by builds that need immunity to shock. 25% is cheap, but it might carve out another more useful aura. We'll see with the aura changes.
"
Nubatron wrote:
I guess it depends on how much spell block there is. Otherwise it will probably be used primarily by builds that need immunity to shock. 25% is cheap, but it might carve out another more useful aura. We'll see with the aura changes.

If i decide to play this time around i will indeed use it primarly as a means for reliable shock immunity.

"
I guess it depends on how much spell block there is.

In triple G terms large amount could mean anything beyond the current 3% Tempest Shield has now. I would be surprised if it's more than 6%.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 7, 2021, 6:26:53 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

If i decide to play this time around i will indeed use it primarly as a means for reliable shock immunity.

"

In triple G terms large amount could mean anything beyond the current 3% Tempest Shield has now. I would be surprised if it's more than 6%.

I have a nagging suspicion people will splurge for Purity of Elements at 50% reservation to just be rid of all ailments (not just immunity), and then search good Watcher's Eye which will probably skyrocket in price this league.

Depending on how the aura changes go, I might use Tempest Shield as well with Glancing Blows this league. I'm still shock Glancing Blows is untouched.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

"

I have a nagging suspicion people will splurge for Purity of Elements at 50% reservation to just be rid of all ailments (not just immunity), and then search good Watcher's Eye which will probably skyrocket in price this league.

Depending on how the aura changes go, I might use Tempest Shield as well with Glancing Blows this league. I'm still shock Glancing Blows is untouched.

Yeah. For 50% cost you get a convenient all ailment immunity.
But for me personally, i aim to get shock first as this is the most deadly one.

But anyways the transition seems more linear now to make you more oneshot proof than before for a certain cost at earlier stages of the game.

This is especially convenient for people that dont like the reworked reactive flask management.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

"

Im thinking about using Arctic Armor + Tempest shield instead Purity of Elements. You lose ignite immunity but get bunch of other stuff.
"
Atech2 wrote:

Im thinking about using Arctic Armor + Tempest shield instead Purity of Elements. You lose ignite immunity but get
bunch of other stuff.

That is not bad thinking but going for free purity of elements+ +doubled effect of single aura + increased damage for no reserved mana is superior in my opinion, and the Quality of life and MoM just shouts at me to go for it this league.

This will allow me to ignore any resistance on gear and get magic find/ dps or pure health pool stats.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Oct 7, 2021, 12:25:19 PM
"
CAKE wrote:

This will allow me to ignore any resistance on gear and get magic find

LOL
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Why did they have to delete tempest shield to do this i will never know. Did not deserve a nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info