[3.16] In-Depth 100+M Sirus DPS Pathfinder CoC Build Guide

Hello everyone! Welcome to my in-depth CoC guide for 3.16

Quick Maven Kill

How the build works & Mechanics

We trigger Ice Spear if Cyclone crits thanks to Cast on Crit. So that way we will shotgun Ice Spears on a 6L. We also place Ice Spear and Freezing pulse on 2x Cospri setup so they trigger free, our clear speed utility and damage will be even bigger.

This isnt a league start build as it requires 30-50ex depending on other meta builds in league.

I will talk about actual gem setup and optimal trigger rates, optimal APS values later in guide.

3.16 Changes

Agnostic moved to the other side of the tree. Sadge
This means we lose 2 cluster setup and have to do some shit pathing to get it.
Recommend looking at scourge mods to see if you can get Agnostic on a item.

Theres only 5 mastery's we should get. Can drop mana ones and critical one for more life if needed.

Ascendenacy choice & Pros/Cons

Why Pathfinder?

+ Really good single target (100M+ DPS achievable, can scale even higher with more crit multi)
+ Really good clear speed
+ 180%+ increased movement speed
+ Permanent flask uptime (Nature's Boon)
+ More than 100% life and mana recovered per second (thanks to flask effect scaling and Indigon)
+ Immunity to ailments
+ Can do all content
+ Highly scalable with crit multipler on jewels

- High entry fee even for budget version (30+ exalts)
- Takes some time to get used to the playstyle, keeping up time on mana flask
- Sometimes we can kill ourselves while trying to activate all buffs (Vaal Righteous Fire I am looking at you)

GEARING

Gear Breakdown

Helm:

Optimal: Indigon with Ice Spear additional projectile. That enchantment will greatly boost both clear and bossing. More proj => More dmg. There is not a better enchantment. ES mod doesn't matter since our ES is zero anyways.

Budget: Indigon without that enchantment. Works perfectly fine.

Chest:

Optimal: +2 proj. corruption. Also to get max. mana roll and mana enchantment.

Budget: Same armour without corruption. Still perfectly fine. Just focus on keeping mana roll as much as possible.

For more enjoyable map clear swap Elemental Focus out for Awakened Added Cold Damage.

Swords:

Optimal: Additional proj. corruption. Cold dmg to spells mod matters here. Attack speed doesn't matter actually because of that CDR-APS relationship that we will talk about later in guide.

Budget: No corruptions. But you can get good enchantments like accuracy, ele dmg here.

Alternative gem setup would be: GMP-Creeping Frost and GMP-Freezing Pulse if preferred. Better mapping setup in my opinion

Rings:

We need as much unreserved mana as possible because our mana pool acts as a life pool because of MoM stacking and Agnostic. So we get a free aura that way. Socket Zealotry here.

Mods: Level 12 Assassin's Mark -> Cold Dmg Against Chilled or Frozen Enemies -> Cold Dmg To Spells and Attacks -> Life/Mana/Res whatever you need.

Belt:

Mods: Cooldown Recovery Rate* -> Flask effect -> Dmg With Hits Against Chilled Enemies -> Spell Dmg During Any Flask effect -> Life/Mana/Res whatever you need. Ideally we want Stygian Vise here to get an additional jewel.

Budget: Same belt with Cooldown Recovery Rate -> Life/Mana -> Res.
Having cooldown recovery rate mod is more important than Stygian Vise.

Amulet:

Insane amulet for both defensive and offensive reasons and it's cheap. Blind is an amazing defensive mechanic. This amulet also gives a huge penetration. Don't forget to anoint Arcane capacitor here.

Gloves:

Mods: Dmg With Hits Against Chilled Enemies -> Spell Damage -> Global Crit Chance/Ele Dmg If Crit Recently -> Life/Mana/Res whatever you need.

Boots:

Mods: Cooldown Recovery Rate* -> Movement Speed -> Tailwind -> Life/Mana/Res whatever you need. Ideally we want Two-Toned base.

Flasks

Why Lavianga's Spriti? Due to the changes to triggered skills using mana we have to use this flask instead of enduring.

Dying sun for +3 projectiles.

Quicksilver needs to have avoid stun or get avoid stun boot enchant.

Bottled Faith for crit capping on cyclone.

Atziri's promise for QOL leech. But can be changed to suit your needs.

Jewels

Unique Jewels:

I use Lethal Pride for Str capping and fire res/Double damage notable addons.

Watchers eye mods that are useful

> Critical Strikes Penetrate (8-10)% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry
> increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies on Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry
> Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take (8-10)% increased Damage
> Critical Strike Multiplier while affected by Precision
> Damage taken from Mana before Life while affected by Clarity
> Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit while affected by Clarity
> Chance to Recover 10% of Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity
> Life gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Vitality

Abyss Jewel:

Mana > Crit Multi > Res or Acc if you need it.

Jewels:

Just get as much as Crit Multi as possible. Try to get at least two of the following modifiers:

#% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
#% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Cold Skills
#% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Elemental Skills
#% to Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding
#% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells

Additional good modifiers are:

#% increased Spell Damage while Dual Wielding (offensive)
#% increased maximum Mana (defensive)
#% to Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance

You'll need one jewel with Corrupted Blood immunity implicit.

Cluster Jewels

We are using 2 Large + 4 Medium setup.

Large: Any suffix notable, Blanketed Snow, Snowstorm

Snowstorm is optional as it converts the lighting damage from arcane cloak as extra cold damage. It's worth allocating as its a nice dps boost

Medium-1x2: Master of Fear, Wish For Death

BiS for any build that use curses. Free Unnerve and Culling Strike. If you try to get these from gloves, you will pay a lot more. This way you can get another good mods on gloves.

Medium-2: Liquid Inspiration, Spiked Concoction

We are a mana build and we are CoC, which means we rely heavily on crit chance. That's why Liquid Inspiration is BiS because of mana it gives and power charge generation through mana flask. Spiked Concoction is also BiS because of Alchemist's Genius.

CDR & APS Realation

To achieve optimal Ice Spear trigger rate with Cyclone, we need exact numbers on Cooldown Recovery Rate and APS (Attacks-per-second). With enough crit chance and accuracy, if we hit correct numbers, Ice Spear will trigger so efficiently with every Cyclone hit.

For each CDR intervals, we have max APS (per Cospri) that we shouldn't exceed:

%0-13 ; 6.0 APS
%14-52 ; 7.5 APS
%52, %52+ ; 10.1 APS

What is the meaning of this interval? If you achieve %52+ CDR with items + Awakened CoC, you shouldn't have more than 10.1 APS. Otherwise, you will attack faster and every Ice Spear projectiles will not trigger in time. Think this as a sync thing. You can check your true APS in POB's Calculations section after you checked all speed-related mods like tailwind, frenzy charges, onslaught etc.

Because of trigger rates, I recommend skipping onslaught mod in boots because it will decrease your dps while mapping. You will gain onslaught after killing a monster or two and you will exceed APS threshold with all these frenzy charges, some attack speed from blood rage and tree plus that onslaught.

Note that you can only achieve %52 with CDR on Belt, Boots and Awakened CoC Level 5. Without Awakened CoC, stay under certain threshold that I've listed above.

I highly recommend to get %52 CDR with Awakened CoC and mods on Belt and boots. Consistency is everything.

FAQ

How to get %100 Hit Chance without Accuracy mods on jewels?
Accuracy enchantment on Cospri's + Level 21 Precision. Also don't forget to get Acuity node, that's why Intuitive Leap is a priority.

Alternate Quality Gems?
Anomalous Ice Spear gives ''Projectiles Pierce 2 Additional Targets'' which is huge for mapping in general.

Divergent Cyclone is completely optional, %5 movement speed is not that important.
If you have Divergent Arcane Surge linked to Arcane Cloak you will have perma uptime on Arcane Cloak which is great.

Righteous Fire on or off?
Only use RF on bosses if you want to squeeze out more dps to try phase skipping on bosses. Dont use in maps as you have to much damage anyway.

Bandit Choice?
Kill Alira if you need to cap res. Kill all if your res capped.

PoB

https://pastebin.com/PBrA3e09

What's ''# mana spent recently'' for in POB?
How do we value it? You can read Indigon. We use Arcane Cloak to spend %64 of our current (unreserved) mana instantly to pump DPS through Indigon. There are Indigon Dmg Calculators around, I checked them and set an average value on there, it's actually the exact percent that skill says.

Why 14% Shock in POB?
Thats the amount i get from arcane cloak on end-game bosses.

Last edited by Matt_Senpai on Oct 20, 2021, 5:33:07 PM
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2021, 4:10:42 AM
Added a maven kill video
ty for making this thread and clearing up some stuff about the inner workings of coc for players new to this build paradigm
stop bitching about this niche game.
every new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
but where is the element of excitement in discovery of the unknown in this GAME?
lastly, why is wolcen always apologizing for something each new league?
I looked at the pob and been a fan of CoC, so I decided to try your build. I am impressed by the dps, melts bosses... however survivability is something I am struggling with even with around 3600-3700 life (i used one large cluster and invested more points in life). Do you have any tips for survivability? Just general map clearing it is easy to get 1 shot. (i am also spamming that mana flask)
Last edited by Synthnine on Sep 18, 2021, 4:18:37 PM
"
Synthnine wrote:
I looked at the pob and been a fan of CoC, so I decided to try your build. I am impressed by the dps, melts bosses... however survivability is something I am struggling with even with around 3600-3700 life (i used one large cluster and invested more points in life). Do you have any tips for survivability? Just general map clearing it is easy to get 1 shot. (i am also spamming that mana flask)

Trying rerolling your crit flask with avoid stun or avoid stun boot enchant. If you want to mainly map with the character swap out ele focus for awakened add cold damage to freeze mobs. As well as looking into at least one anomalous ice spear.
"
Matt_Senpai wrote:
"
Synthnine wrote:

Trying rerolling your crit flask with avoid stun or avoid stun boot enchant. If you want to mainly map with the character swap out ele focus for awakened add cold damage to freeze mobs. As well as looking into at least one anomalous ice spear.

You can also grab Wind Dancer, which will help eliminate some one shots. Instead of double Zealotry eye, you can use a double clarity eye to take 10% more damage in mana and recover mana faster. Perhaps most importantly, watch your mana and don't let it drop far, except when using arcane cloak. It's not like 3.14 where your mana recovers quickly after arcane cloak and stays high. Use your Lavianga's more often to prevent mana from dipping too low. Mana is a major part of your EHP.
Thanks for the replies, I had realized i wasn't spamming arcane cloak as well, which i should have. Not many deaths from mapping since.
RIP this build.

Agnostic is now all the way in the upper left at the outer edge of templar tree instead of right above Scion life wheel.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
RIP this build.

Agnostic is now all the way in the upper left at the outer edge of templar tree instead of right above Scion life wheel.

Yea, 2 options for it are Dance of the offered or move to scion.
Updated for 3.16 changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info