Dead Build :) Thanks GGG

Hello everyone! Welcome to my in-depth CoC guide for 3.16

Quick Maven Kill

How the build works & Mechanics

We trigger Ice Spear if Cyclone crits thanks to Cast on Crit. So that way we will shotgun Ice Spears on a 6L. We also place Ice Spear and Freezing pulse on 2x Cospri setup so they trigger free, our clear speed utility and damage will be even bigger.

This isnt a league start build as it requires 30-50ex depending on other meta builds in league.

I will talk about actual gem setup and optimal trigger rates, optimal APS values later in guide.

3.16 Changes

Agnostic moved to the other side of the tree. Sadge
This means we lose 2 cluster setup and have to do some shit pathing to get it.
Recommend looking at scourge mods to see if you can get Agnostic on a item.

Theres only 5 mastery's we should get. Can drop mana ones and critical one for more life if needed.

Ascendenacy choice & Pros/Cons

Why Pathfinder?

+ Really good single target (100M+ DPS achievable, can scale even higher with more crit multi)
+ Really good clear speed
+ 180%+ increased movement speed
+ Permanent flask uptime (Nature's Boon)
+ More than 100% life and mana recovered per second (thanks to flask effect scaling and Indigon)
+ Immunity to ailments
+ Can do all content
+ Highly scalable with crit multipler on jewels

- High entry fee even for budget version (30+ exalts)
- Takes some time to get used to the playstyle, keeping up time on mana flask
- Sometimes we can kill ourselves while trying to activate all buffs (Vaal Righteous Fire I am looking at you)

Last edited by Matt_Exile on Jan 27, 2022, 12:39:24 PM
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2021, 6:49:54 PM
Added a maven kill video
ty for making this thread and clearing up some stuff about the inner workings of coc for players new to this build paradigm
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
I looked at the pob and been a fan of CoC, so I decided to try your build. I am impressed by the dps, melts bosses... however survivability is something I am struggling with even with around 3600-3700 life (i used one large cluster and invested more points in life). Do you have any tips for survivability? Just general map clearing it is easy to get 1 shot. (i am also spamming that mana flask)
Last edited by Synthnine on Sep 18, 2021, 4:18:37 PM
"
Synthnine wrote:
I looked at the pob and been a fan of CoC, so I decided to try your build. I am impressed by the dps, melts bosses... however survivability is something I am struggling with even with around 3600-3700 life (i used one large cluster and invested more points in life). Do you have any tips for survivability? Just general map clearing it is easy to get 1 shot. (i am also spamming that mana flask)

Trying rerolling your crit flask with avoid stun or avoid stun boot enchant. If you want to mainly map with the character swap out ele focus for awakened add cold damage to freeze mobs. As well as looking into at least one anomalous ice spear.
"
"
Synthnine wrote:

Trying rerolling your crit flask with avoid stun or avoid stun boot enchant. If you want to mainly map with the character swap out ele focus for awakened add cold damage to freeze mobs. As well as looking into at least one anomalous ice spear.

You can also grab Wind Dancer, which will help eliminate some one shots. Instead of double Zealotry eye, you can use a double clarity eye to take 10% more damage in mana and recover mana faster. Perhaps most importantly, watch your mana and don't let it drop far, except when using arcane cloak. It's not like 3.14 where your mana recovers quickly after arcane cloak and stays high. Use your Lavianga's more often to prevent mana from dipping too low. Mana is a major part of your EHP.
Thanks for the replies, I had realized i wasn't spamming arcane cloak as well, which i should have. Not many deaths from mapping since.
RIP this build.

Agnostic is now all the way in the upper left at the outer edge of templar tree instead of right above Scion life wheel.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
RIP this build.

Agnostic is now all the way in the upper left at the outer edge of templar tree instead of right above Scion life wheel.

Yea, 2 options for it are Dance of the offered or move to scion.
Updated for 3.16 changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info