PS5 controller on PC

Hello,

I have a condition that makes it painful to sit in a chair for long periods of time especially with heavy mouse use.

I wanted to play POE again, and I'm enjoying playing an hour or two at a time, but I want to grind it out and get big ex so I can experiment with builds.

So I got a ps5 controller thinking it would be easy to run an hdmi cable to my tv and play with a controller while in bed. But I don't see any way to run poe with a controller on pc. The best I can get it to work is the mouse cursor as a control stick. But moving it across the screen rapidly to attack, then move away from enemies is super clunky.

TL:DR; Is there a better way to set up a ps5 controller for pc besides steam controller set up?

Thanks!
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2021, 1:59:52 AM
It is my understanding that there will be official controller support for PC at some point in the future.

Meanwhile, check out the Twitch streamer Sefearion -- he plays PoE with a controller on PC, and has a command in chat that gives more info about how to set it up. I think it's !controller, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure he or a mod would point it out if you show up and ask -- even if he's not playing PoE at the time.
Last edited by QQPQ on Sep 15, 2021, 5:57:01 PM
I believe the latest video showing how to do this from him is over 5 years old and is barely functional. So much better ways but the info isn't out there so it takes hours of tinkering to get it to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info