Phys to cold conversion Magic Find - a Standard Guide [3.18]

How Petrified Blood Pathfinder regen life, no see any flask in setup?
3G at war again
Last edited by Willm4ster on Nov 15, 2021, 1:10:39 PM
"
Willm4ster wrote:
How Petrified Blood Pathfinder regen life, no see any flask in setup?

The point on that setup is not to regen life beyond the 50% mark (as we're using it to keep divination distillate up 100% of the time). In general that version will be kept alive by Vinktars leech (in combination with a few other things, though Vink's leech is your "primary" source of HP regain). I probably should add a more detailed writeup on this point though
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
awesome clean, organized & thorough build , did not really have all the high-end gear previewed in the guide but the build still slaps hard with 200-250ex investment. Thanks for your efforts mate :D

PS
Dude is chill af , helped answer all my questions on disc

"
DeathsButler wrote:
awesome clean, organized & thorough build , did not really have all the high-end gear previewed in the guide but the build still slaps hard with 200-250ex investment. Thanks for your efforts mate :D

PS
Dude is chill af , helped answer all my questions on disc

Thanks for the feedback mate! Glad we could get the build working for you
"
The point on that setup is not to regen life beyond the 50% mark (as we're using it to keep divination distillate up 100% of the time). In general that version will be kept alive by Vinktars leech (in combination with a few other things, though Vink's leech is your "primary" source of HP regain). I probably should add a more detailed writeup on this point though

That would be so awesome. I'd like to try this pathfinder version (although with much less invested gear) but I cant wrap my head around the PB-LegacyVinktar-DivinationDistillate puzzle :O
"
starrox123 wrote:
"

That would be so awesome. I'd like to try this pathfinder version (although with much less invested gear) but I cant wrap my head around the PB-LegacyVinktar-DivinationDistillate puzzle :O

If it helps pre write up I'd be happy to sit down on Discord and stream some gameplay + talk you through how that works?
"
starrox123 wrote:

At the end of the day, the "Petrified Blood + Distillate puzzle" isn't that hard to solve.

The question any Distillate user has to solve is simply: "how do I get distillate to continuously be in effect (so: recover life and/or mana)?"
On the usual builds, this is difficult because Regen/Leech/Life on Kill etc. cap out your life (and mana) a bajillion times per map, stopping Distillates' effect every time.
To solve that, this build makes Distillate always stay active by letting it recover life through these means:

Petrified Blood prevents ANY life recovery from affecting your life over 50%, except from life flasks.
Distillate, as a hybrid flask, counts as a life flask.

Leech, life gained on kill, regen and life gained on hit won't recover your life above 50% no matter what, but Distillate can.

The simplest way to achieve this is by having a degen that drains more life per second than Distillate recovers.
Blood Rage is a very easy and efficient (because it's a good gem in any case) choice for this.
As long as you lose more life than you gain per second, your Distillate never stops running because there is always life to recover.

Once your life inevitably drains to 50%, all your regen and leech etc. starts kicking in again and keeps you at 50% (but won't recover higher). It's not wasted at all.
But as long as blood rage is still running, distillate will as well.

There are characters where Blood Rage alone isn't enough to counter the Distillate recovery, mostly because they got generic phys mitigation or DoT reduction (e.g. Pantheon), thus reducing the degen.
Or they have too much life recovery from distillate because they have too many life flask nodes (e.g. herbalism) or some life recovery rate buffs.
Or their life pool is too small, making Blood Rages' percentage based degen too small compared to the flat recovery from Distillate.

These things usually don't apply to this build though. But even if it gets a bit close with the BR Degen vs Distillate Recovery, Petrified Blood adds a life cost to all of your skills while you are above 50% life, which makes it easier again.
If even that isn't enough, some people resort to slotting in corrupting fever to drain life even more.

But again, none of this really applies to this build.

The only thing that you have to consider is that with HH, you'll usually reach 3 endurance charges. These offer generic physical mitigation, and thus reduce the degen of Blood Rage. This can make it harder to keep Distillate running.

SO GO TO POB
SET YOUR ENDURANCE CHARGES TO 3
ACTIVATE BLOOD RAGE
CHECK YOUR "DEGEN"
HOVER OVER DISTILLATE IN YOUR FLASK SLOT
DIVIDE DISTILLATES' RECOVERY BY ITS DURATION

AS LONG AS YOUR DEGEN >= DISTILLATE RECOVERY PER SECOND, YOU ARE FINE AND IT WILL WORK.

Funnily enough, this whole interaction actually lowers the value of legacy instant leech vinktars, at least compared to not having it.
It's still an insanely strong flask and the best option, but not having it doesn't hurt as much because:

Petrified Blood, by default, enables overleech like Slayer has. Which is a very comfortable life recovery method. Not as strong as instant leech obviously, but pretty great nonetheless.

Leech only stops when you reach full life.
With petrified blood, your leech won't recover life above 50%.
As long as you have more than 50% unreserved life, your leech can never recover you to full life and keeps running in the background.
Hence: overleech.
Last edited by Guffinn on Dec 15, 2021, 4:44:03 PM
@GrandpaPenguin
Thanks so much for the offer, but I think I got it now thanks to that detailed writeup

@Guffinn
That writeup was extremely helpful, thank you very much for taking the time! Now I have to go to PoB and try that out :-)
Hey, mate! What do you think about possibility to go Iron Reflexes since it's not so long way to pick it up after last patch with new tree? Or not big numbers of evade still better for us(with 3 skill points economy)? Just thought about to get some more phys mitigation in addition to ToH phys to cold convert..
Its an interesting one - I'm going to be uploading a POB of a friend who's running a more supress / evasion focused playstyle soon hopefully. Once I have that I'll do a write up on it.

I think Iron reflexes has some potential, with the Duelist timeless slot there's some potential to make some changes (losing one jewel socket) and picking it up. I don't think we pack enough evasion on the usual gear (mainly due to using Golden Mantle and it's atrocious base stats) but it's definitely got potential on a lower budget setup or one that utilises grace (possibly also picking up some aura nodes?)

Evade I think is still okay. If you run the Petrfied Blood version 100% uptime Div Dist does a lot to help with 84% all rez and vinktars acting as pseudo overleech. I'd love to work in another defensive layer (possibly dropping elemental resists off the large clusters, picking up chaos rez ones instead and maybe shuffling some passives around) but currently we're so point starved it might even be worth considering voices as an option.

Phys in general is a massive problem (more so for the Deadeye.) The huge conversion on PF at 40ish percent and the 84% max rez means it's our single biggest worry (not counting degens). I think Iron reflexes might answer that but it'd need a significant tree re-work.

Tl:dr - evade okay with other layers, Iron Reflexes has potential, PF abuse is strong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info