[3.15] Scion Arakaali's Fang - Easy Mapping & Bossing, Can Do ALL Content

Why I went for this build

TLDR; it's an alternative before going full Aurabot or Aurastacker or just for Aurabots who, like me, lost their Carry and decided to just go Solo instead of changing to a new class or totally new build or just tired of posting LFW on channels. Can do and farm all end game content.

-----------------
Intro/Notes:

Was supposed to be full time Aurabot until my partner carry decided to quit the league midway. Being an Aurabot I really couldn't do anything Solo. So instead of creating a new one I decided to respec into this build. I didnt do Aurastacker since it's not to my taste, I basically wanted a build where I could still provide Aura to party and there's some sort of "carry" with me. So thought of Minions. I tried different minions, Zombies were terrible, Carrion was great but not my type (and required some major adjustments), SRS was suboptimal, etc. But Arakaali's Raise Spiders were great. The minions were super aggressive and required minimal investment. It carried me throughout all content and hit my 2nd 100 with this build. It's not expensive and can work on average gears or unique items.

Did ALL CONTENT and farmed Maven this league. Made tons of Ex from farming Maven's Orb using this build.

Just sharing my build as a lot of people were asking or for those who had the same problem as I being originally an Aurabot. If you are tired of looking for party and wanted to play solo, this could be a good option for you.

-----------------
Pros & Cons

PROS
1. Can do ALL Content (including reflect, and even cannot regen if you bring a mana flask or by just summoning spiders 2 or 3 times in a map)
2. Have strong enough damage (200k each spider x20 on average gear) for faster mapping and bossing for all content. Can even safely carry.
3. Highly aggressive minions, they would attack anything that's moving
4. High survivability, 88% up to 89% Max Cap elemental resistances and high physical Evasion or Physical damage mitigation (up to 87% physical damage reduction)
5. Still highly useful with parties since you run offensive auras and defensive auras.
6. Balanced build. Enough to kill all content and stay alive.

CONS
1. Summoning takes practice and annoying sometimes if you dont time it well. This is really a major cons compared to other summoners, since Spiders have a duration.
2. Targeting can be annoying without the use of Predator Support but will not be an issue later on

POB

https://pastebin.com/e75Ldpxt

My POB is set up to minimum, no enabled flasks and Vaal Skills, tried to be as realistic as possible with the configuration.

POB will show your damage per Spider. To know your total damage output

1. Multiply the Spider Damage by x20 (since you summon x20 Spiders)
2. Then Multiple by 99% or x2 since we use Hydrosphere Mechanics (see Hydropsphere Mechanics below)

Effectively, whatever the Spider Damage is you multiply by 40 then that's your total damage output if you can consistently summon x20 spiders.

Current Gears

Basic gears. Of course BIS would be the Arakaali's Fang Item. The rest are mostly Unique. You need stats of at least 159 for Dex and Str which you can get either from a ring or amulet. Get those +3 socketed rings so you can slot auras there. A High ES shield with reduced reservation of 15% would be preferred for this build.

Gems

Raise Spiders - Arakaali's Fang Support Gems

Divergent Melee Splash > Awakened Minion Damage > Divergent Multistrike

Divergent Melee Splash so there won't be any damage penalties from Splash which will be beneficial for our Hydrosphere set up - check explanation on "Hydrosphere" below. This is a MUST have.

Awakened Minion Damage can be replaced with Predator Support if you are still not used with the summoning mechanic or if you want to direct your spiders. I personally am not using it anymore since I dont like switching gems too much.

Divergent Multistrike - or just multistrike is ok. I just use Divergent because I already had it and it has a % attack speed addition which is great.

BIS Gems would be Desecrate since you need it to summon spiders and Spirit Offering - huge DPS boost.

For Defense purposes, I slotted Molten Shell on my Left Click since it scales well with our defenses. Vaal version would also be tremendous help to mitigate major damages.

For Aura Gems:

You can slot anything that you need or that would help damage or your survivability (or you can also just check my set up and tweak from there). You can play around the Auras you want to slot since you have high reduced reservation of skills. I highly recommend the Triple Purities (Fire, Cold, Lightning) since its your best defense of elemental damage. And for more Damage, Hatred.

Cluster Jewels

These are not expensive this league, obviously the ones with reduced reservation would be more expensive so until you get your hands on those, you can just choose which Aura you would want to let go for now.

Basic Jewels

Conqueror's Efficiency with reduced reservation is not a must but nice to have if you have budget. I think almost every aurabot would already have these jewels. They are also not that expensive.

Timeless Jewel

You can get Superiority for 15% Aura Effect or Slum Lord for 80% Minion Damage

You can be flexible here. Some timeless jewels could give you even 30% Aura Effect and 160% Minion Damage (or higher) but with more passives. This can increase the damage and survivability further.

Flasks and Watchers Eye

Most of the Flasks are focused on Armour and anti-dot. The ones that would normally kill us would be bleed or fire dot or high physical damage. This can be easily solved by using flasks. Taste of Hate is a nice addition since it helps in the conversion of physical damage to cold + 20% less cold damage, this works well with my Watcher's eye of 10% cold conversion of phy damage to cold damage. This helps us avoid one shots from physical damage.

Writhing Jar is BIS since this is how we summon Spiders.

Hydrosphere and Orb of Storms Mechanic

1. Place Hydrosphere near the boss (or maybe on top of it). Since we are using Divergent Melee Splash, the splash damage will hit Hydrosphere and Hydrosphere will release the same amount of splash damage. If it's near the boss, the two splash damage will overlap effectively giving out double the damage. This is possible only with Divergent Melee Splash since it doesnt have splash penalty.

2. Orb of Storms is for proccing Elemental Equilibrium. This is a huge DPS boost since we have Hatred (Cold) and Anger (Fire).

Please watch my videos on how I do this and you will see Hydrosphere releasing the same splash effect.

How to Summon Spiders

This is basically how I do it and I noticed I'm able to summon 20 spiders more consistently.

1. Place Orb of Storms
2. Summon dead bodies in it using Desecrate maybe 2 or 3 times

Note: you can interchange 1 & 2 depending on your preference.

3. Click on Writhing Jar while holding on to your Orb of Storms
4. The Orb of Storms should kill the worms from the Writhing Jar and will summon the Spiders

You have to do this as fast as you can and this takes practice and getting used to so there will be times when you will be unsuccessful but in time, you will get a hang of it and it will become a natural thing to do.

Watch my videos and see how I summon spiders especially between boss phases.

No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
Last edited by LeknaatTrueRune on Sep 17, 2021, 10:26:18 AM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2021, 4:49:14 PM
Didn't found hydrosphere mechanic explain :-)
"
abdemon wrote:
Didn't found hydrosphere mechanic explain :-)

oh damn, dunno what happened there. but added now, thanks for noticing.
Added:

Flasks and Watchers Eye

Most of the Flasks are focused on Armour and anti-dot. The ones that would normally kill us would be bleed or fire dot. This can be easily solved by using flasks. Taste of Hate is a nice addition since it helps in the conversion of physical damage to cold + 20% less cold damage, this works well with my Watcher's eye of 10% cold conversion of phy damage to cold damage. This helps us avoid one shots from physical damage.

Writhing Jar is BIS since this is how we summon Spiders.

Hydrosphere and Orb of Storms Mechanic

1. Place Hydrosphere near the boss (or maybe on top of it). Since we are using Divergent Melee Splash, the splash damage will hit Hydrosphere and Hydrosphere will release the same amount of splash damage. If it's near the boss, the two splash damage will overlap effectively giving out double the damage. This is possible only with Divergent Melee Splash since it doesnt have splash penalty.

2. Orb of Storms is for proccing Elemental Equilibrium. This is a huge DPS boost since we have Hatred (Cold) and Anger (Fire).

Please watch my videos on how I do this and you will see Hydrosphere releasing the same splash effect.

How to Summon Spiders

1. Desecrate twice or three times
2. Place Orb of Storms on top of the dead bodies
3. Click on Writhing Jar while holding on to your Orb of Storms
4. The Orb of Storms should kill the worms from the Writhing Jar and will summon the Spiders

You have to do this as fast as you can and this takes practice and getting used to so there will be times when you will be unsuccessful but in time, you will get a hang of it and it will become a natural thing to do.

Watch my videos and see how I summon spiders especially between boss phases.
Thanks for sharing the build!
i like how those gears look like starters
my only issue with spiders is the summoning part like you mentioned
but yes they are super aggressive
thanks for sharing all those videos as well
Hello :)
Your build looks really cool, I was just wondering if it is an option to start the league with it?

(If this was asked or answered before I apologize)
at start of league Arakaali would normally be expensive, maybe 60c so I really wouldnt recommend the spiders right away unless you loot it or get it (i would just personally buy it since its the only must in the build at early versions anyway + writhing jar), its usable at very early stages. alternatively you can mix in any minions you like, since the minion nods at starting of scion is near with the end of goal of eventually moving into this build maybe 1 or 1.5 weeks into the league or go into aurastacking, aura minions or full aurabot.

I did zombie + carrion at beginning and took me up to mapping then switched to aurabot for my carry and when he left, i switched to this build to solo the game.

scion is quite flexible anyway so you can mix and match minions to your liking if you prefer not respecing too much and going into this build as soon as the arakaali fang is available to you.

Last edited by LeknaatTrueRune on Sep 17, 2021, 10:16:44 AM
What budget are we talking about when it comes to this build? Can I start it from scratch? 2ex? 10ex? Is it beginner friendly?
"
finkes wrote:
What budget are we talking about when it comes to this build? Can I start it from scratch? 2ex? 10ex? Is it beginner friendly?

Just based from what im seeing on the posters items, it's actually quite basic, i would even say cheap especially if you build this around 1 or 2 weeks into the league.

Starting with the build would be expensive since Arakaali Fang Dagger tend to be around 60c (depending on market) during early parts of the league. You might need to start from using other minions before you can get your hands on an Arakaali.

Its one of those builds that has flexibility since it uses mainly auras. you have flexibility to go full aura at the beginning and have a carry or just run SRS or other minions you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info