👻3.20👻 Kay's Summoner💥SRS Bomber💀Poison SRS💀Melee SRS🕷️Spiders💀Skeleton Mages

Hi guys,

New with necro here. Please explain what gems should i have in the wand.

Flesh (bone) offering is obvious. But why are everybody using Tempest shield - Desecrate - Offering?

I have Tempest shield on boots and it takes 25% mana. I don't understand how would Tempest shield work in trigger wand? If i have Tempest shield reserved my block goes up. Will it do the same if its in trigger wand and will not reserve 25% of mana?

Ty

"
memberx wrote:
Hi guys,

Flesh (bone) offering is obvious. But why are everybody using Tempest shield - Desecrate - Offering?

I have Tempest shield on boots and it takes 25% mana. I don't understand how would Tempest shield work in trigger wand? If i have Tempest shield reserved my block goes up. Will it do the same if its in trigger wand and will not reserve 25% of mana?

Ty

idk where exactly you got your info about tempest shield in wand get from, but its likely outdated.

Tempest shield was a time limited buff until 3.16. This made it perfectly work in such a wand. But since 3.16 it is an aura and working completely different. I am currently using arcane surge.
Hello, thanks for builds. Passive skill tree needs updating, because now mana mastery and reservation mastery exist separately...
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
memberx wrote:
Hi guys,

Ty

idk where exactly you got your info about tempest shield in wand get from, but its likely outdated.

Tempest shield was a time limited buff until 3.16. This made it perfectly work in such a wand. But since 3.16 it is an aura and working completely different. I am currently using arcane surge.

I see most of top 30 on POE ninja, using tempest shield in wand...

Thank you!
"
memberx wrote:
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
memberx wrote:
Hi guys,

Ty

I see most of top 30 on POE ninja, using tempest shield in wand...

Thank you!

since its a reservation skill now it wont be triggered. there isn't really another skill u would put there that u want triggered besides desecrate and offering so u can put something that doesn't get triggered like an aura or warcry to not waste a socket
Delete
Last edited by ElPantera32 on Jan 9, 2023, 6:24:31 PM
Hey guys. I've been following the mage build so far. I want to transition to the more tanky build. However it seems like the pastebin has not been updated. Is anyone using that build? Is it worth it or I'm better off investing more of my currency in the normal mage build?
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Dartiuseg wrote:

Thanks for reply.
After switching haste(used with phasing) to determination(with skin of the lords and rumi its 90% phys) skelebuild is so much more satisfying. Only problem is clear speed, if compared to spectres build(unlike boss killing).
On a way from 92 to 93 lvl i died 2 times, but it was 15+ corrupted maps with scourge and delving 150, so its a way. Added ag with kingmaker and ephemeral, but didnt test it yet.
Still thinking about switching to pure spectres with herders, but will wait for currency and few patches.

I can recommend melee splash damage instead of e.g. brutality. Makes clear speed extremely good. I swap back to Brutality for bosses. No matter what I do, even if I switch out all my defense for more offense, the clear speed is nothing compared to using melee splash gem.

Even if you have 0% on melee splash, as long as their are at least 2 enemies in Range of your skeleton (1 main target, 1 aoe target), it increases the damage your skeletons dish out and therefore increase clear speed. And if you add quality to either Anomalous or Divergent this will get much better. I recommend Anomalous since this increases DPS against single target for tanky rares, betrayel guys, etc.

Hi all, i have been following the phy/impale skele build guide here. I am now in yellow maps, feel that mapping is a bit slow, especially in scourge, with the number of skeletons i have, i cant clear out scourge mobs fast enough.

I swapped out multistrike to melee splash (as advised in build), it helps a bit more in map clearing. However, i have been thinking, can i swap out one of the 6 link gems to zombies instead? (eg remove predator for zombie) that means i have zombies and summon skeletons with 5 link each. More minions = more dps/clearing speed isnt it? Or zombies are not worth it in long run?
"
thoo00 wrote:
... However, i have been thinking, can i swap out one of the 6 link gems to zombies instead? (eg remove predator for zombie) that means i have zombies and summon skeletons with 5 link each. More minions = more dps/clearing speed isnt it? Or zombies are not worth it in long run?

I have done this, two 5l, and it seems to works well.

Edit: Also used the Queen's Escape (6l) sword in the past for it's extended duration (and extra spectre) but this becomes another build and is less tanky without a shield.
Last edited by RicardoilMagnifico on Nov 8, 2021, 7:45:59 PM
Anyone here plays with Skeleton Mage version and knows whether the "Final Repeat of Supported Skills has 20% chance to deal Double Damage" mod on the Awakened Spell Echo works on Skeleton Mages?

I've read a post saying it does nothing to the skeleton mage because Awakened Spell Echo supports the Summon Skeleton skill, not the mage, and this skill does not do damage.
Last edited by takeitez on Nov 8, 2021, 12:54:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info