Hexproof

Can someone please elaborate on what are benefits of hexproof in PvE, The way I got it is that it prevents doom stacking on myself(if Im hexproof) and I can still be cursed and all of that.

On a side note nerf those goliaths that spike on death for the love of god ritual with 4 packs of deathtraps on death is more then enough....
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2021, 2:17:50 PM
hexproof means enemies can't hit you with hexes, only marks.

vulnerability, elemental weakness, frostbite, flammability, conductivity, despair, enfeeble, temporal chains and punishment(I don't think I missed any) is what hexproof makes you immune to.

not sure where silence is in terms of curses(probably a hex as well)
So they cant hit me with it but if a map has temporal chains or enfeeble etc on it I still suffer from effects of it? If it is as I stated would it be better to be hexproof or to roll a ring with reduced curse effect on myself? max tier roll ofc (Hexproof from Veridian Veil atm so its magic ring with str and max life, vermillion one)
it should also protect from map mods.

quite simple to test, just open a white map with a curse on it.
Hexproof makes you unaffected by hexes from any source. They can still be cast on you, and they can still gain doom, but they have no affect on you at all. And unlike players being able to bypass hexproof on mobs, I can't think of anything offhand that can bypass it on players.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
So when it shows me taht Im suffering from ele weakness, temporal chains, enfeeble, vulnerability etc from map roll its like bleeding wehn ur immune its showing u it exists but it doesnt affect you? Cos I used to have immune to bleed gem and it showed me Im bleeding and I could hear the sound of it but I wasnt taking dmg and now you wanna say its basically the same with hexproof
That's correct, yes.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
vadermage wrote:
So when it shows me taht Im suffering from ele weakness, temporal chains, enfeeble, vulnerability etc from map roll its like bleeding wehn ur immune its showing u it exists but it doesnt affect you? Cos I used to have immune to bleed gem and it showed me Im bleeding and I could hear the sound of it but I wasnt taking dmg and now you wanna say its basically the same with hexproof
Immune and unaffected are different mechanics. When you're immune to something, it can't be applied to you at all. When unaffected by something, it can be applied but has no effect on you (which can be mechanically useful for the player in other ways in some instances).
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Yeah I got it I can run hexproof and then I can slam that gem which gets me +1 curse on me but I can run with stuff that gives me +% dmg per curse on you, meaning they are applying curses which don't do stuff on me, but i get even more dmg per curse applied, similar to Red Trail + jewel that inflicts self bleed + jewel that makes me immune to bleed, I'm not immune but it doesn't affect me If I got you correctly
"
vadermage wrote:
Yeah I got it I can run hexproof and then I can slam that gem which gets me +1 curse on me but I can run with stuff that gives me +% dmg per curse on you, meaning they are applying curses which don't do stuff on me, but i get even more dmg per curse applied, similar to Red Trail + jewel that inflicts self bleed + jewel that makes me immune to bleed, I'm not immune but it doesn't affect me If I got you correctly

I am assuming you are referring to "Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence" on a Watcher's Eye, which does say "unaffected" rather than "immune".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info