New poorly done hideout calculator!

Hello all!

Hideout design has been something I really enjoyed since its inception (tho I'm not so creative myself). I really enjoyed people's designs and love to use them on my base via downloading from the site hideoutshowcase.

After a year and some change of having no time to play cuz of covid, I'm finally back and there are so many cool new hideouts on that site.

So as people started uploading more hideouts, I started finding more and more cool ones so I download them. Hideoutshowcase has its own calculator but I wanted a few more features in there - namely the ability to sort by various fields. By default, hideoutshowcase uses sort by master, but I wanted to be able to sort by favor cost, so I thought I would code my own and it's been really fun! I've only been coding for 7 months as a side hobby whenever I get extra time off from work but have really been enjoying it so I thought I'd share this project with you all in case you wanted to use it.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to make them. I'm a doctor in the daytime so idk how much time I have to actually work on this and play, but if I see a really cool idea, I'd love to (try) to implement it! One of the future features I'd like to add is to have you upload multiple hideout files and your decorlist file and I can try to gather the list of missing doodads from there.

also if my wife didn't pick out the colors I wear, I'd probably never match. That being said, the colors I use for the site are really bad lol. I might add a feature to let you change all of that however you'd like once I figure out how to but for now, I think I'm happy with what's here.

Link to find it is: https://pigsgomoo.github.io/PoeHideoutCalc/public/index.html

I don't actually have any instructions written on there but just upload the hideout file, then a file with your list of decorations, and hit submit. You can click on any of the column names to sort by that column.

Let me know if you find any bugs pls.
Also, don't tell me "omg it crashes when you don't use a .hideout file"
I'm still learning, but I would love some constructive criticism. I will do my best to respond and update when I can! Thank you all :)

Credits: Thank you for hideoutshowcase for being a large inspiration and poedb for having a public list of hideout decor items!
Last edited by PigsGoMoo on Aug 31, 2021, 7:41:58 PM
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2021, 6:16:37 PM
No longer needed, as this is 100% done in-game (the game'll even spit out what MTX you're missing, alongside the missing non-MTX deco upon hideout import.)
Last edited by bvanharjr on Sep 6, 2021, 10:26:20 AM
Yeah, I know. It's always done that, but it's hard to keep track of and it doesn't tell you which master and what level and how much favor or any of that data. This just makes it easier and more organized.

Unless you're talking about something else that I didn't see. Would be nice if I added MTX cosmetics in here, too. I'll get to it eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info