[3.15] - Inquisitor self-cast crit spark/brand | Instruments of zeal showcase

I want to give fanaticism some love, so here we are)

pros/cons

pros:

- Piano skill like in POE2
- Complicated
- Endgame viable (80% deli t17 done, so in reality 80% endgame haha)
- All bosses farmer (uber atziri with sybill ring)
- Sustain
- Could be a league starter, but requires patience

cons:

- Piano skill like in POE2
- Complicated
- Mana flask piano (GGG allow us use instilling orbs on those pls)
- SC build. 6k life is not enough for the endgame content
- Expensive for the endgame content
- Require craft knowledge (or it is more expensive otherwise)

Video showcase

semi-budget version against 40% delirius stuff:

- t14+ Arachnid Nest
- T14 Canyon

expensive version against various stuff:

- 60% delirius t14 canyon
- 15+ wave of simulacrum
- Maven itself

expensive+ version with headhunter against 80% delirius stuff:

- t14 canyon
- t17 jungle volley

My thoughts on this build

Never played inquisitor with fanaticism, so this league I gave him a try. Class itself feels great, fanaticism is a great buff, that doubles dps on spark when active. It is a niche build, spark without deep dive into aura effectiveness. Thanks to that some parts of the build are very cheap, some aren't - thanks to aurastacking boys.

Leveling was smooth until t14+, after that I've spent some time figuring out what to do next. Ended up with LL + Glorious Vanity (Doryani) + Aul's uprising Wrath + Watcher's Eye with energy shield gain under discipline. In this setup we don't loose much EHP, give ourselves extra 70% more damage and enormous sustain.

Gem|Jewels setup.

Cluster jewel setup gives us power charge generation, blind and life leech - don't miss out on them.

I played with pinpoint but found it too awkward, if you want to use it, grab "Intensity" cluster with extra intensify stack node, for that - unspec Throatseeker cluster in the Witch area.

If you like circle spark spawn grab unique jewel for spark, I find it awkward as well

Thoughts on aura-stacking.

Aura stacking feels superior to this build's "expensive" version, but it demands at least 60+ additional exalts to even function. Whole idea of this Inquisitor was to put on the table something that doesn't stack aura effectiveness and is capable of doing kinda the same content

Build itself (POB Community edition links):
Somewhat cheap version

- https://pastebin.com/DbDMbVjc
For t16 mapping + bosses (except Yellow Feared )

Unnecessary stuff here - Bottled Faith, Unnerve + Culling Strike Gloves (Atziri's Promise flask, and Repentance unique gloves are a great cost-effective alternative).

If you only plan on mapping (and not farming Maven and the like) - storm brand could be skipped altogether.

Body armour could be changed to any random 6-link, but frenzy on hit and spell crit - are very nice QoL additions, which enable us to freeze mobs, and have extra speed.

Expensive version

- https://pastebin.com/aS7Qcv07

Reasoning behind the gear:

Helmet:

Spark has great coverage, but it is hard to squeeze out the damage required for the end-game bosses, that's where storm brand comes to help out. It gives persistent damage, which grants sustain, while you spend time jumping after Sirus and not casting spark

Gloves:

Unnerve + Culling strike: 20% more effective damage, nice! Any scuffed gloves with these mods would be fine, later I'll show how to craft them

Body Armor:

Frenzy - 12 more damage, cast|attack speed.

Spell crit - with this mod we could sit at 100% crit chance

Boots:

Almost best in slot, dex with elevated pierce would be greater choice. Cheaper would be just elusive + tailwind, or onslought + tailwind without elevated mods.

Weapon:

It is hard to beat Rebuke of the Vaal, this sceptre is first one which beat it. BiS would be the same stuff, but additionally with cast speed and chance to deal double damage in suffixes

Other stuff:

Ring with assassin mark and life gained for each enemy hit by spells - caps crits and gives build a second leech layer

Watcher's eye - energy shield gained, most valuable. Any damage stuff for zealotry/wrath/precision is welcome

Red Nightmare - grant endurance charges - extra duration for immortal call and overall resistances

Glorious Vanity - split incoming non-chaos damage 50/50 life/ES - double effectivness of leech against damage

Petrified blood in Prism Guardian - enable Low Life, effectively buff all life leech sources (have to take some mana reservation nodes, if you want to add discipline and vitality)

Small cluster with chaos resistance - the reason why Sirus stops being scarry (DIE-beam can kill still, beware)

Crafting

So, all the influenced yellow stuff could be crafted with some patience.

Helmet: 5+ ex, depends on your luck

1. Grab 80-120 cold damage Blizzard Crown, slam cheapest Conqueror orb on it, and pray for "Reroll random influence on Armor" in Harvest to proc Shaper influence
2. Spam essence of hysteria until you find 16+ Hypothermia and open suffix and prefix
3. Put "Suffixes cannot be changed" on crafting station (2ex). This is hard to find for now, you have to buy a prophecy to unlock the recipe
4. Reroll with crit in Harvest
5. Pray for procs or just grab it and go kill maven, my first deathless maven was killed in a helmet with only Hypothermia

Body armour: 4-6 ex per try

1. Either buy a 85lvl 6-link vaal regalia, or farm divination cards for 80ilvl regalia
2. Slam Redeemer's exalted orb (for 80ilvl regalia)
3. Spam alterations until "Frenzy on hit", if you get some other Redeemer affix, annul it or roll next frenzy on hit, we have to have only one "redeemer" affix
4. Buy spell-crit hunter base with only that one hunter affix
5. Get your hands on an Awakener's orb
6. First you pick hunter base, second redeemer with that orb
7. Pray
8. If you have an open prefix after that, you could force additional curse or phys damage taken as cold damage (steps 9 and 10).
9. Bench-craft "Suffixes cannot be changed"
10. Reroll with "Cold" for "damage taken as" or with "caster" for additional curse in harvest

gloves: 4-6 ex per try

1. Buy|find hunter ilvl 85 and warlord ilvl 75+ bases
2. On hunter you are looking for unnerve on hit (with alteration orbs). Make sure there is only one "hunter" affix on the base when you get unnerve
3. On warlord you are looking for culling strike. Remember, make sure you have only one warlord affix on the base.
4. Awakener orb and pray

boots: cheap-ish version, 4-6 ex per try

1. Tailwind affix on hunter boots, only this one
2. Elusive or Onslaught on redeemer boots
3. Awakener orb them
4. Pray
5. Put some funny craft on bench and go farm some 20% delirious maps :)

Boots: 26Ex per try

ATTENTION: Expensive stuff. Includes usage of Maven's Orb, Beast crafting, Aisling etc.

Spoiler

Step 1: Elevated tailwind, onslaught. Same method, two different bases: Redeemer and Hunter

1. Find hunter base
2. Alt spam tailwind (buy a Redeemer base with onslaught or alt spam that as well)
3. If you get the mod with a prefix, ether annul the prefix, or Imprint with Craicic Chimeral and annul + restore until you have a blue base with the mod and an open prefix
4. Put suffixes cannot be changed on it.
5. IMPRINT (this will save you quite a bit of money)
6. Find harvest and roll with physical on the Hunter base, with critical on the Redeemer base
7. Maven Orb on it. If you get elevated tailwind/onslaught - you win, if not - restore state with imprint orb and repeat from step 5

Step 2: We have 2 bases with 2 elevated mods.

1. Awakener Orb them
2. Pray
3. If all prefixes are filled - start from scratch, or harvest-craft "Reroll prefixes, keeping all suffixes", if you're luckier than me finding those mods in harvest
4. Suffixes cannot be changed
5. If you have an open suffix, if not continue to step 7: Reroll with Lightning|Chaos|Cold in Harvest to hopefully hit a good resist
6. Suffixes cannot be changed
7. Reroll with Critical (for Elusive)
8. If you have two open prefixes, you could play with t4 Aisling in Syndicate or just:
9. Close you eyes and slam an exalt (that's how I found +1 pierce after five tries)

Extras:

If you want to try Aisling gambling. You have to put "Suffixes cannot be changed" before each try, and pray for its removal in Syndicate bench after defeating Catarina. (Aisling has to have 3 stars in research hideout, no need for her to be the leader.)

If Aisling removes elusive - find harvest, reroll with crit ("Suffixes cannot be changed" already in place), then repeat Catarina spawn and this gamble.

You are looking for "30%MS, cannot be chilled"

If you confidently kill Catarina, this is not hard fight for this build after all, you could make Aisling the leader of research - this will give you 2 tries. You have to save 2 "reroll with critical" in horticrafting station before that.

Credits

Guide to crackling lance, used as first inpiration

For pushing me to publish and helping me write this post
WarVisionary

UpperForPoe

Last edited by exsargt on Sep 4, 2021, 12:15:21 PM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2021, 7:34:01 PM
reserved
Last edited by exsargt on Aug 31, 2021, 7:35:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type