[3.18] 🍄 Sporeguard Incinerate Elementalist 🔥 3-10M Shaper DPS & Tanky 🔥 League Start To Endgame

"
Dear WarPig :)

Just to salute for keeping Incinerate alive.

I've glanced your lvl 100+ pob. Few tips from my side, i hope you don't mind. I changed some points but the key things are:

-Shaper of Storms instead of Shaper of Flames
Ignite dps is quite low if not scaled properly, but Shaper of Storms guarantees at least 15% shock while on release it will go up to 50% even on bosses because of big release hit. So significant damage boost.

-Incorporated Vitality and Zealots Oath so your ES has active recovery + leech.
This enables use of Frost Shield. It's basically Fortify for stationary casters.
In configuration just add 4 stages to see the difference in max hit and eHP.
Test it out.

https://pastebin.com/C0qZUsiN

Keep up the good work!

ps
Jade flask is kinda meh. Basalt/Silver/Amethyst would be better option.

Hello Torstein! Thanks very much. It's an honor to have the OG themselves come by and drop some insights.

You are not incorrect about SoS > SoF in many cases (especially single target boss situations where our ignite damage is negligible). However, I think SoF does have a reasonable impact on both clear and defense. To me HoA & Sporeguard are meant to work in tandem for the most efficient screen clearing, so that extra overkill burn % from SoF certainly helps with that. Also the fire mastery skill 'Recover 2% On Ignite' is a very high quality defensive layer in maps that obviously hugely benefits from SoF's guaranteed ignites. Once you hit the power levels of the L97-L100 incarnations, this utility may not matter as much, and SoS is likely preferable. I will seriously contemplate swapping them for future versions.

The Vitality + ZO + Frost Shield is a very interesting concept and I will try it out next chance I get. I'm usually very set in my ways and not completely sure what to swap out gem wise to accommodate these 2 new skills, but maybe you have some idea(s) about what's worth sacrificing for this?

Anyways best to you this league and thanks again for all the theory crafting you've done over the years. Your newest Incinerate contribution is also very cool and I'd suggest more advanced players definitely give it a look.

Peace.
Hi,

I had some great fun with this build last league tanking shaper slams and murdering all the 3.17 uber content.

Here's my pob for those insterested.
https://pastebin.com/aXqAz4N3

Keep in mind that I went hard for damage at 90+ but I could still tank a shaper slam. Maxed out at 11-12m sirus/shaper dps @10 stages.

I also chose to ignore ignite and used Divergent Incinerate (more dmg while channeling, less on release) which suited my playstyle better and also let me use Awakened Elemental Focus for some big damage. (Kinda need an Ashes for divergent though which is super expensive this league).
"
Lord_Swafiki wrote:
Hi,

I had some great fun with this build last league tanking shaper slams and murdering all the 3.17 uber content.

Here's my pob for those insterested.
https://pastebin.com/aXqAz4N3

Keep in mind that I went hard for damage at 90+ but I could still tank a shaper slam. Maxed out at 11-12m sirus/shaper dps @10 stages.

I also chose to ignore ignite and used Divergent Incinerate (more dmg while channeling, less on release) which suited my playstyle better and also let me use Awakened Elemental Focus for some big damage. (Kinda need an Ashes for divergent though which is super expensive this league).

Thanks for that information Lord. Very good to know people are pushing the build's extremes, enjoying themselves, and experimenting with the fundamental framework. Your build looks very sexy, and very expensive :) I'm already seeing some neat ideas in your POB I'll consider & think more on, but damn Ashes is so much $$$ now :p

I will be updating my own POB's by end of the weekend (hopefully). Nothing major but a couple tweaks worth implementing. I have not been playing the build much since last league ended, but I'm thinking a lot on it regardless. I did take one shot at Uber Maven to no avail, but with practice I don't see why its not doable (especially with a proper flask setup, which I did not have at the time -- this adjustment helped w/ Simulacrum W30 as well). I will do my best to get more invested in the Uber Ubers and post some successes sooner than later.

Good luck and take care.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Jun 9, 2022, 6:45:41 AM
Hey there!

Have just stumbled upon this build!

I will be playing a lightning tendrils version of this next league!
I have been playing a very similar build which actually also originated as incinerated but chose to change to LT. This is even more prevalent now due to the recent buffs to LT which I believe were greater than that of incinerate.

Just popped on to say well done with the build, and to suggest maybe scoping out LT as it’s quite interchangeable with incinerate in this build- obviously with a few minor changes.

I’ll link you my old, quite neglected guide- purely for you to nit-pick through in case you find anything of use to scavenge for your more neatly tended to garden!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3071681
"
gaddzp wrote:
Hey there!

Have just stumbled upon this build!

I will be playing a lightning tendrils version of this next league!
I have been playing a very similar build which actually also originated as incinerated but chose to change to LT. This is even more prevalent now due to the recent buffs to LT which I believe were greater than that of incinerate.

Just popped on to say well done with the build, and to suggest maybe scoping out LT as it’s quite interchangeable with incinerate in this build- obviously with a few minor changes.

I’ll link you my old, quite neglected guide- purely for you to nit-pick through in case you find anything of use to scavenge for your more neatly tended to garden!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3071681

Hi gaddzp I appreciate your compliments. LT is indeed an under represented skill with some interesting upsides that plays a lot like Incinerate. I'm sure people will have success with either if they invest smartly, but I'm in no position to give advice on LT scaling, etc. and am too lazy to learn rn :) I'm sure people can pluck some good ideas from your guide if they're interested.

Best to you.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Jun 9, 2022, 1:50:11 PM
Instituted some major/minor changes to the following section(s):

ASCENDANCY & PANTHEON: Switched Shaper of Flames for Shaper of Storms

PATH(S) OF BUILDING: Updated All POB(s) (Minor Fixes)

Good Luck Have Fun.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Jun 9, 2022, 11:58:14 PM
Instituted some major/minor changes to the following section(s):

TIPS & TRICKS: New Section

MY ENDGAME SETUP: Swapped Jade Flask For Basalt Flask

Good Luck Have Fun.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Jun 13, 2022, 11:52:14 PM
Thanks a lot for the build, I just picked up the character for this league, I came in very late due to real life reasons but I am having a ton of fun smoothly entering into white maps. The leveling / early gearing section is so useful.

I was wondering if the zealot's oath / active ES recovery suggestions from torstein will get its own section at some point, since the tankiness is what I would consider the weakest link of the build, but I could be wrong. The clear is insane and the single target dps is satisfactory enough without the uber lab too.

Super grateful for the build and the effort put into the handholding leveling / early gearing process, keep it up!
"
eshwar007 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the build, I just picked up the character for this league, I came in very late due to real life reasons but I am having a ton of fun smoothly entering into white maps. The leveling / early gearing section is so useful.

I was wondering if the zealot's oath / active ES recovery suggestions from torstein will get its own section at some point, since the tankiness is what I would consider the weakest link of the build, but I could be wrong. The clear is insane and the single target dps is satisfactory enough without the uber lab too.

Super grateful for the build and the effort put into the handholding leveling / early gearing process, keep it up!

Hello Esh & thanks for contributing to the dialogue here. I'm obviously pleased that Acts posed little challenge for you and the transition into maps has been easy and painless. I appreciate you're using the guide to its fullest and taking advantage of the Leveling Guide (and maybe the Gear Progression section too), as there is alot of good info in there that'll streamline people's experience.

As to the theorycrafting surrounding ZO + Frost Shield, I've really been invested in my league characters and yet to try it. It does indeed seem like a decent suggestion for making Simulacrum easier (aka we just sit in one spot mostly anyway and Frost Shield caters to that), but I'm a bit unclear as to its usefulness and utility beyond that specific content. The build really doesn't have the largest ES count either, it's around 2/5 of our life, so again IDK how that will affect gameplay when FS is not actively up and fortifying us. With that said I have made use of FS this season on my Guardian and it is good, but he is a full ES CI character.

Thanks again, drop back in with any questions, and get your character some boots asap :)
Last edited by WarPig17 on Jun 19, 2022, 8:41:56 PM
I've used Frost Shield before and it was useful as an additional defence layer for the build.

Bex mentioned that there will be buffs to ~100 Unique items so maybe some new interesting things will appear for this build or the existing items will get better.

By the way, how does the build fare against the new uber versions of Pinnacle bosses? Uber Exarch, Uber Eater of Worlds etc? Any changes to gear/passives required to tackle them?

Also I've been rereading the main post and think that in the CONS section the movement speed penalty description might be a bit misleading to some:
"Capped @ 50% Movement Speed (w/ The Stampede)"
Not everyone knows Stampede mod and players reading it might misunderstand that we are capped at 50% movement speed while this is just capped bonus movement speed. The speed as a whole is then capped at 150%.
Last edited by TheEighthPanda on Aug 6, 2022, 2:55:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info