Ps5 gameplay

Hi. Is there a way to have a 2 different totems with 2 different spells active at the same time? For example rolling magma with totem and spark with totem? I have skill gems and support gems but if I cast one the other disappear. I have them on different items and tried on same item…no luck.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2021, 12:46:09 AM
"
Kifaza wrote:
Hi. Is there a way to have a 2 different totems with 2 different spells active at the same time? For example rolling magma with totem and spark with totem? I have skill gems and support gems but if I cast one the other disappear. I have them on different items and tried on same item…no luck.
There is a thing known as "active totem limit".

By default, you have a global limit of 1. (Global limit meaning it applies to all of your totems combined).

Most things that modify this will modify the global limit.

Let's say you get +2 to global active totems.

Now you can have 3 totems.

If you have Spark Totems and Magma Orb totems, you could put out any combination of the two totaling up to 3 totems. 3 of one, 0 of the other, 2 of 1 and 1 of the other, etc. Whenever you cast a 4th totem, it will replace the oldest one.

Now, there are a few things that add to active totem limit *locally* (as in, only to a particular totem). The most common of these is the Multiple Totems Support gem.

If you have +2 to global totem limit (as above) and then also link your Spark totems to Multiple Totems support (which gives +2 to local active totem limit).

Now you have a global limit of 3, but a local limit of 5 on spark.

So, you could 3 magma orb totems and 2 spark totems, or 2 magma orb totems and 3 spark totems, or 1 magma orb totem and 4 spark totems, or 5 spark totems and zero magma orb totems.

In this situation, what happens you cast another totem depends on the current counts and which one you're casting. Let's suppose you have 2 magma orb totems and 3 spark totems, and you cast another magma orb totem. It will replace the oldest totem, because magma orb is not at it's limit (3).

However, if you have 3 magma orb totems and 2 spark totems, magma orb is at its limit, and casting additional magma orb totems will only replace the oldest magma orb totem, never a spark totem.

Same situation, 3 magma orb and 2 spark totems, but you cast another spark totem. It will replace the oldest of either type, because you're not at the limit of spark totems (5).
Last edited by QQPQ on Aug 29, 2021, 11:13:14 AM
Other options for increasing totem count are soul mantle chestpiece, heirophant ascendancy, a shaper shield, forget the name but there is a key notable that increases totems but you can no longer do damage with your attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info