[3.15] Forbidden Rite Totem Tank - Capable of all content, 20m+ dps

"
Siza1337 wrote:
I used added fire damage, combustion, faster casting, controlled destruction and later on fire penetration. You can also use the Flammability curse and I would advise using Scorching Ray to further lower the resistance of enemies through exposure. This even works once you grab Ancestral Bond, even though Scorcing Ray will no longer deal damage it still applies the exposure.

You might run into some mana issues when levelling with a tabula which is why I recommend grabbing most mana nodes first.

Using two Perandus rings helps a ton with mana while levelling before you can equip Dream Fragments.

Edit: Also consider getting a +1 phys/fire wand (if you have the currency, two of them) to boost the level of Holy Flame Totem. Preferably with cast speed and projectile speed. It's quite easy to get +1 wands from Gwennen on a level 2 character. Can also be sceptres of course, but these can't roll proj speed I believe.

Edit 2: If you can afford a +2 projectile Tabula Rasa and a +1 wand, maybe even two, you will breeze through acts. The Karui Ward amulet will help with strentgh and dex and also provide damage, movement speed and projectile speed. I think I had mine on until Blood Aqueducts lol

Thank you!
@Siza1337 You should start a discord or something. You can be the "tanky version of stuff" guy, lol.
Last edited by drawmonster on Sep 4, 2021, 9:47:14 PM
Hi there!

I spent an hour trying to compare my POB to yours. Your DPS is way higher than my 2mil dps, your effective hit pool higher too.

I cant for the life of me work out how POB shows your 33347 (mine: 12594) and FR total dps of 15mil (mine is 2.1mil).

I think I copied almost everything except fact I am Level 91 and using Torchick Step for more dps.

Really apprecaite your help to look at my character and tell me how to improve DPS and effective HP. I get one-shot a lot in expeditions :(
You are missing crit chance. You are currently at 86% with your diamond flask up. The boot enchant can help with that. Also, your precision is level 14, thats some more crit if you level it up.
Speaking of flasks, yours are horrible. Some are even lacking an affix, fix this. Get a 6% Rumi and put quality on your flasks.

You also have some funny pathing in your tree, for some reason skipping the 20 flat mana/increased mana node next to mystic bulwark and picking up 10 int instead.

You are missing crit multi from rare jewels and do not have the onslaught medium cluster. Some gems are either not levelled or are missing quality.

I added RF to your PoB, with it enabled you are currently at about 12.5m dps with RF running and 7 active totems, (5x FR, 2x Wither) at 15 Wither stacks. While this is roughly half of my DPS, it should still be fine for most content IF you fix your defenses and can stay alive longer.

Lastly, you are lacking some cast speed (Wand, Onslaught from medium cluster, flask suffixes).

Regarding defenses: You are not using a %mana on block shield which is absolutely mandatory and helps a TON for survivability. Also, your chaos resistance is negative, which is why I would advise against using Torchoak Step. Rare boots mean more (chaos) resist, movement speed, life and mana.
Speaking of your resistances, some are way overcapped. You could drop some suffixes on your gear for crit chance/multi instead. No need to overcap since we're hexproof anyway.

Edit: You also overlevelled your tempest shield gem. This is fine if you cast it yourself, but since it's still linked to your CWDT I assume you're forgetting about it maybe? That's another 6% block.

Your arcane surge could be levelled slightly more, thats some more damage.

Not sure of your Bandit choice, Alira would be the best if you don't have that.
Last edited by Siza1337 on Sep 5, 2021, 11:54:40 AM
I'd recommend better focusing on decent mana regen and spell block instead of %mana on block, if you cant afford both of these on a shield.

I have 72% spell block with tempest shield on and w/o Rumi (75/75 with Rumi on), which allows me to facetank Sirus' Die. Not every time to be honest but still.
High mana regen with Agnostic and capped spell block is a huge defence mechanic itself. %mana on block is a pleasant bonus, but for me spell block is more important.

+1 totem, spell block and %mana on block shields are extremely rare, but I've managed to buy it for 2ex yesterday, so people don't know their real price. Checking trade from time to time makes sense.

Using instant-healing flask instilled with "Used when you take a savage hit" also helps a lot.
Last edited by Frehsent on Sep 5, 2021, 3:16:33 PM
Mana on block helps a lot during mapping. It's not that important versus big hits (aka bosses) though. Shields like mine appear to be incredibly rare, so keeping a +1 totem shield around for bossing might be the best strategy currently.
Nice build, nice guide.

Too bad I didn't come to the forums PRIOR to building my Hiero hehehe; I been doin' it wrong, got a'lotta fixin' to do. Ah well, it will keep me busy.

What really intrigued me when I first watched your videos was the massive mana pool/mana regen I saw. Ok, the 20m dps caught my eye as well :)

17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
Siza1337 wrote:
You are missing crit chance. You are currently at 86% with your diamond flask up. The boot enchant can help with that. Also, your precision is level 14, thats some more crit if you level it up.
Speaking of flasks, yours are horrible. Some are even lacking an affix, fix this. Get a 6% Rumi and put quality on your flasks.

You also have some funny pathing in your tree, for some reason skipping the 20 flat mana/increased mana node next to mystic bulwark and picking up 10 int instead.

You are missing crit multi from rare jewels and do not have the onslaught medium cluster. Some gems are either not levelled or are missing quality.

I added RF to your PoB, with it enabled you are currently at about 12.5m dps with RF running and 7 active totems, (5x FR, 2x Wither) at 15 Wither stacks. While this is roughly half of my DPS, it should still be fine for most content IF you fix your defenses and can stay alive longer.

Lastly, you are lacking some cast speed (Wand, Onslaught from medium cluster, flask suffixes).

Regarding defenses: You are not using a %mana on block shield which is absolutely mandatory and helps a TON for survivability. Also, your chaos resistance is negative, which is why I would advise against using Torchoak Step. Rare boots mean more (chaos) resist, movement speed, life and mana.
Speaking of your resistances, some are way overcapped. You could drop some suffixes on your gear for crit chance/multi instead. No need to overcap since we're hexproof anyway.

Edit: You also overlevelled your tempest shield gem. This is fine if you cast it yourself, but since it's still linked to your CWDT I assume you're forgetting about it maybe? That's another 6% block.

Your arcane surge could be levelled slightly more, thats some more damage.

Not sure of your Bandit choice, Alira would be the best if you don't have that.

Hey man, thanks so much for taking the time to look and really detailed advice ;)

I took all your advice on board (feel free to have a look :D). Im such a noob, didn't realise so many things I did wrong.

Only thing I didnt change for the moment is the shield only cos its really hard to find one with +1 totems, mana block, and spell block all together.
Hi there! I'm having a lot of fun with this build.
I have a question: I have configured my PoB and I'm not even close to 20 million DPS (even though I'm close to 11,5 million).
What should I upgrade? (I know I have to level up a bit for the medium cluster)

Can't import your character because I'm stuck at work for a while, but the most obvious things: Crit multi on jewels and amulet, global cast speed from shaper gloves and some of your gems are at 14% quality. Try to get a 6% spell block Rumis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info