Path of Exile Hideout Competition

This hideout is my impromptu, about how it would be possible to construct every corner of celestial h\o.

P.S. I need more than 750 item in ho, I have million great ideas left, but cant make them 'cus of it, because at least I would have furnished the h\o in steampunk style.
Ehh i don't know how to Upload pics here...
I was trying to upload them on Google and then here but its not working...

So u can see my Hideout on this Video:
https://youtu.be/xP4zdKCOg2k

If You want to use Pictures...
You can use Google Links, it will take You to picture...

//Edit:
Ok i readed Guide xDD...
But i dont like to use Imgur or whatever... :(

Last edited by PanTobi on Aug 20, 2021, 6:49:43 AM
"
EternallyBlue wrote:
Does anyone know how much has to be "created post expedition" I had started something a while ago and lost interest but wanted to fix it up and heavily modify one of mine. Does that auto make it ruled out?

Pretty sure if it wasn't entered into a previous competition, and edited (even a little bit) post expedition, then you should be good to go.
Last edited by Zombiesbum on Aug 20, 2021, 7:59:38 AM
I've been toying with this idea for over a year, and the new Redeemer's Hideout was perfect for my project.

This is "The Redeemer's Menagerie". The center of the hideout is the hub from which maps are run and crafting is completed. Helena and Zana are close by to assist the player as needed.

The outer ring of the hideout is divided into 8 sections, with each NPC settling comfortably into a section and decorating in their own style. The Expedition NPCs have also made it inside the gate, and have rigged their locker to explode if tampered with.

The hideout is almost reminiscent of a zoo, with each NPC giving a glimpse into their habitat of choice.

On a practical note, this Hideout is perfectly spaced for me, as each of the NPCs has a themed area, but are only about 1 movement skill away for quick access.

Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Aug 20, 2021, 8:48:25 AM
"
TinyRogue wrote:
"
Zombiesbum wrote:
"
TinyRogue wrote:

I'm a grown-ass woman and I absolutely agree. I find hideouts like these offensive as is, but to see a game developer actually applaud and endorse this via putting one of those hideous things in their headers angers me quite a bit.

GGG, you should not stoop to this level, no matter how "funny" and "harmless" and "humoristic" you think it might be!

You cannot dismiss the creativity of the person who originally made the banner hideout. Which is what I think is being represented there. And I think you are wrong to try and dismiss someone's artistic expression because it offends you.

Don't get me wrong, I've no problem with creativity. But I react very allergic to images that depict a woman's vagina at the centre and put a glowing orb on top of it to specifically draw attention to it.

It's sexist, full stop.

And while I don't dictate anyone playing this game to decorate their hideout in any way, it's distateful and it doesn't belong in an official post from the game developers in my opinion.

Would you consider any erotic art as sexist? One step further; would you consider any erotic novel as sexist? Where the art is within your imagination rather than a canvas.

At least to me, depicting a male or female as an erotic object isn't sexist in a negative connotation. Why? Because I would have to accept that our nature of attraction is fundamentally sexist in the same way. Physical attractiveness matters to every single person. No matter how shallow you think it is, without any physical attraction, we would be extinct. But that is of course assuming that our nature isn't inheritably "evil" (for lack of a better word) by our own standards.

If you still think the banner is sexist, you would have to accept that all (ancient or otherwise) statues and drawings are sexist. They are often displaying erotic nudity and they can be depicted as objects of desirability. Yet society accepts those sorts of depictions. Why? is it because they are old? Or because they are artistic expression? Because they are educational? Or none/all of those?

And where do you draw the line of what's acceptable and not? Only the most extreme cases right? If that's not acceptable, then isn't the next extreme case the target of unacceptance?
If the original banner hideout did not show any genitalia (or rather the impression of such), then you (or someone else) could argue; "Why are you showing legs in an erotic manner? That's sexist".

Now, it's completely acceptable to not like any or some forms of erotic art, but that doesn't make that art sexist. That's just your opinion, which you are entitled to. However I am also entitled to share my opinion of why seeing art as sexist is potentially damaging to art overall.
Last edited by Zombiesbum on Aug 20, 2021, 9:09:55 AM
Tried to do Ringed City from Dark Souls 3, but I came up with another thing.

Ritualist's Hideout - Experiments and Research in the Lost Forest

I've always liked libraries and forests - so I tried to mix the two.

Celestial Nebula Hideout - Pool of Creation

Wanted a efficiant and clean Hideout with an unique pathway and the flair of the celestial nebula.

Be blessed.
Last edited by dr4gone on Aug 20, 2021, 10:00:50 AM
Name: kitavas cultist lair

Description: A group of oriath soldiers who got stranded got sacrified in an altar to kitava

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elo6TyDwhN8

https://imgur.com/a/Cupns2n

I dont know why the images don't work correctly if anyone knows pls pm me
Last edited by Mask41 on Aug 20, 2021, 12:01:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info