💥Karmavore's 3.21 | Firestorm Elementalist 15+ million DPS | MIDLEAGUE BUILD 💥

Latest PoB updates + Help

Here's the video guide for 3.21 - I definitely missed some stuff in the video - like talking about Vaal FS (not very exciting for this build honestly) dead links and the hit DPS isn't all that great since it's missing the 300% multi from initial hit.. BIG SADGE :( - and crucible itself, being very underwhelming for unique weapons. I didnt want to sink too much time/effort into making the best possible staff since I had other focuses, like getting to 38/40 challenges for the sweet, sweet MTX.

In any case - thanks for checking out the build, love ya! <3

3.21 Crucible
-POB- https://pastebin.com/0EH5Yqa5
-Video Link - https://youtu.be/igtjw_2mGAo

SORRY ABOUT THE AUDIO IM AWARE OF THE ISSUE -

End-Game content mega video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NEDSaj27d4

UNDER CONSTRUCTION NEW 3.21 UPDATES COMING

Video guide for 3.16(this works fine for 3.21)!!! https://youtu.be/s5XW0O30JwE
New updated POB
3.20 Sanctum build using firestorm ----
https://pastebin.com/ufN8qD5c

(Check drop downs for variations & NOTES for what to tick and what to change with flaks etc for each variation)

LEGACY 3.15

https://www.twitch.tv/karmavore --

--About the build
A few guildies and I have been messing around with a PoB, which has now been implemented into my current character. It took a lot of work, on everyone's part to get it running and the DPS into a palatable place, I know it's nothing insane or game breaking but we're working with a severely under-performing skill here, and have managed to make it super respectable. BUT!!! I've finally been able to live out my dream of playing firestorm and raining down hellfire, not hot ramen soup noodles. So I want to share that with you.

I will say the initial cost to get into this build is a bit higher than normal, it takes a lot of parts to get this skill functioning, maybe 5-10EX but beyond that the sky is the limit, with some of our initial thoughts/tests you're able to push way past 5 million. But this requires significant investment, like 50+EX

With all that being said big shout out to my guildies for being amazing, let's get into the build itself!

Path of Building

--Leveling tree (!!!NOTES INCLUDED!!!)
https://pastebin.com/XJ3jxFqe

--End game POB
https://pastebin.com/eeH3iytY

--Updated End game POB (gear upgrades)
https://pastebin.com/4EzYHNbm

--It was an interesting process to try and scale firestorm, we ended up settling on going full crit, with added flat damage while damaging an ignited enemy and various other sources of flat damage pumped into firestorm since the base DPS is so bad.

--We're also using golem (yes even after nerf) for some decent damage boosts as the other choice in Elementalist ascendancy don't provide anything major.

--As for the POB itself, I've unticked the following boxes to show normal bossing DPS
-Is the enemy on consecrated ground
-Is the enemy covered in ash
-Have you blocked recently

--Ascendancy Order
Master of Discord>Liege Of the Primordial>Heart of Destruction>Bastion of Elementals.

--Bandits
Kill all.

Gearing
--Our unique slots: --
----

items above are 1000% required!!!

Hrimnor's is the only toss up slot, considering you can get "cannot be frozen" on boots but this is very expensive.. You'll need movement speed - high life - resistances in this slot.
--Rare gear

There's room for improvement on every piece of rare gear here try and get as high life as you possibly can on each piece, without sacrificing any of the other desired stats.
Our Amu should also always have the combination of Fire dmg Leeched as Life/+1 fire skill gems and life.

--Jewels

We want flat damage to spells as much as we can get and max life
The watcher's eye is about 1EX nothing serious there, if you can't afford just roll another flat damage+life jewel

--Cluster Jewel's

So the large cluster jewel must follow in a specific order to minimize total skill points used!!!
The notable's we want the most are Disorientating Display & Smoking Remains
But I will mention it's a pain in the ass to find them in the right order -- next bit is very important as you can waste currency!!!!!

The order for an 8 passive large cluster with three noteables is as follows
TOP NOTABLE = right position - We need either DDisplay here OR Smoking Remains
MIDDLE NOTABLE = left position - We need either DDisplay here OR Smoking Remains
BOTTOM NOTABLE = top position - this slot doesnt matter, but again we ideally want Disorientating Display & Smoking Remains but if there are none on the market, then roll with what you get, Disorientating Display is the most important of the three possible so this should be search for first.

--Small cluster:
Ideally you'd want max life added into the small passive, but chaos resistance is good too. Take what you can get there.

--Anima Stone:
For +1 golem so we can run chaos golem for phys reduction.

--Flasks

You ideally want Corrupted blood immunity on your mana flask
Your life flask should have better rolls that mine, but the important one is definitely instant recovery while on low life.

Bottled faith is not required at all, I just was able to farm up and go for it, so there's definitely something to push for. If you don't have bottled faith, run a Sulphur flask or Atziri's promise and take off avatar of fire.

Functionality and playstyle

--Build tricks and tips

So while mapping you're generally just slapping down firestorms while casting storm brand occasionally to maintain power charges, however for tankier rares/unique spawns you'll have to cast things like storm brand (to ignite) and wave of conviciton/Infernal cry to maximize one shotting potential so you're not being hung up.

--Bossing skill order:
prep boss spawn with Arcanist Brand(Generates Power charges/Onslaught/ign)>Assassin's Mark on spawn>/Infernal cry at the same time>flasks> firestorm -- The goal here is to get an aditional 6 link to automate assassin's mark/wave of conviction.
Repeat applying brands/infernal cry every so often waiting for unleash stacks to proc and certain boss's to move around. Adapting to this playstyle and making the most out of unleash while things are moving around is something that takes some getting used too, you'll want to spam but in some situations, especially against sirus/uber elder there's going to be times where theyre moving around a lot so being patient with your set up is crucial to not run OOM.

--Pantheon's
Brine King:
We've got little in the way of stun avoidance/immunity, so this is the best thing we can get.
Gruthkul:
More physical damage reduction, tho I usually swap to Ryslatha for bossing.

I've done most content in the game with this build, it's 100% doable. Everything is there for this build to be a success, but it does require some thinking and adapting to the playstyle.

Last edited by karmavore on May 1, 2023, 9:16:49 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2023, 3:48:33 PM
--If there's anything I missed or you'd like to know about let me know and I can add it in here, this is my first build guide/showcase and this is a work in progress in terms of build/guide layout! Welcome to tips and other idea's to scale this build.
Did some minor tweaks! Got the numbers up a lot higher. 3.2 million without any procs like flasks/enemy ignited/boss on consecrated ground etc.. (basically unbuffed against bosses) and 5.1 mil with everything up!!! :D
Added a video guide up on YT!
(should be uploaded soon) :)
You're missing ascendancy order and pantheon recommendations, but otherwise I'm currently running the build and will post anything I notice as I level :)
"
pinktie wrote:
You're missing ascendancy order and pantheon recommendations, but otherwise I'm currently running the build and will post anything I notice as I level :)

Ture, I don't really have anything in the way of a leveling guide either, I basically made the switch to this build after being done with my occultist. I'll add that tho, thank you :)
maybe some scorching ray build until you get firestorm, at least that's what I did. firestorm feels pretty meh until you get unleash as well so maybe just leveling it in an alternate weapon set until you get unleash is the way to go.

i didn't really have any leveling gear even though this was my second character for the league, but maybe sectioning your tree for certain levels would be helpful as well. I went upwards first towards the fire tree on the top, then grabbed HP nodes near the start, THEN switched to crit once I grabbed those right nodes (was using controlled destruction until then)
Last edited by pinktie on Aug 21, 2021, 7:20:01 AM
"

maybe some scorching ray build until you get firestorm, at least that's what I did. firestorm feels pretty meh until you get unleash as well so maybe just leveling it in an alternate weapon set until you get unleash is the way to go.

i didn't really have any leveling gear even though this was my second character for the league, but maybe sectioning your tree for certain levels would be helpful as well. I went upwards first towards the fire tree on the top, then grabbed HP nodes near the start, THEN switched to crit once I grabbed those right nodes (was using controlled destruction until then)

I went ahead and added in a leveling tree, might not be extremely concise, but it'll do for now. I'll be updating it hopefully with more clarity the more questions people ask. Consider it the rough draft :).
Last edited by karmavore on Aug 21, 2021, 6:14:38 PM
Great build so far! The firestorm/unleash combo just works together so nicely :D

What do you think about running immortal call/cwdt since enduring composure is taken?
"
Great build so far! The firestorm/unleash combo just works together so nicely :D

What do you think about running immortal call/cwdt since enduring composure is taken?

Yeah unleash and firestorm go hand in hand, it feels really satisfying to play. It's a bit of a pain to get used to during bossing. Really glad you're enjoying the build tho :).

Probably not a bad shout out tbh. Tho late game you basically have 1 spare socket slot. You could potentially cut out Urgent Orders from Infernal cry, but it makes the rotations a little wonkier. So it's totally your call.

That's basically the only thing better about steelskin here imo, is that it doesnt require an additional link to be effective.
Last edited by karmavore on Aug 22, 2021, 12:04:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info