[3.15] Rage Vortex - Voidforge - Off Meta (5-20mil DPS)

WORK IN PROGRESS

Update - 18/8
Spoiler

23/8 - Updated to new POB.

18/8 - Updated POB for DPS

17/8 - Added a defensive version to POB, it's far from optimized but I've been doing T15 maps rather easy with it

Hi, I'm Saizo and I was sick of playing the normal meta builds. I was over playing Warcry builds, I just wanted something I could sit back and enjoy.

So I created the Rage Vortex build, based on Voidforge and EE. The 1H + Shield version is decent but it requires some costly crafted items to scale the damage up, something I don't have the time for. I also noticed you really only ever have 25-50 rage which was a massive hit to AoE clear speed and damage, So I set out with the goal to keep this build cheap and maximize rage upkeep.

The Build Run Down

How does the build manage rage upkeep without Warcry's, well it's not too hard all you need is 300% mana regen Chainbreaker Jewel we can sustain stable upkeep of max rage, however even with 150-200% you can still sustain, I just found the higher you go with mana regen the smoother it feels.

The area of effect is rather important, so I've stacked up a fair amount. There are ways of getting an extra 70% increased area of effect which I've yet to test but I feel it would push my rage vortex to the size of the screen. Unlike other Rage Vortex builds our build runs on max rage so our AoE bonuses from Rage Vortex are almost always at max.

You can play bit more defensively and offscreen some of those annoying mobs (porcupines) and you can spam Leap Slam, your rage regen should be more than the cost.

The playstyle is less spammy, you only need to cast Rage Vorxtex once every 4 seconds, however, depending on how fast you are moving and sometimes mobs get (light of sight) and you have to recast. But other than that you cast your Warcry once every 8 seconds to help generate charges and summon your golem.

We also have Secrets of Suffering, Elemental Equilibrium and Skitterbots. It's a rather strong combo with Voidforge, also provides Sapped which is 20% less damage taken.

Pros
Great Clear Speed.
Good Single Target Damage.
Rage regen.
No Warcry keyboard spamming.

Cons
Can't do any life regen maps. (can but bloody hard)
Can't do Elemental Reflect.

Path of Building

Spoiler

I've been working on many different versions of the build to get a solid understanding. You can achieve around 45mil DPS with decent gear and change Fortify out and lose the Endurance charges.

In my current version, you don't need the armor I use, I just use it.

Build https://pastebin.com/3eCVHD7k

Core Gear Needed

Spoiler

My Current Trash Gear

Spoiler

Atziri Viable - Just swap Awakened Increased Area of Effect for Concentrated Effect.

Last edited by saizosol on Aug 22, 2021, 11:26:03 PM
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2021, 3:45:52 AM
did you kill sirus a8/9 or any end game boss?
"
gokudin wrote:
did you kill sirus a8/9 or any end game boss?

When I get around to it, I'm too busy with work atm and only get to play on weekends. I'm still doing the Atlas, that's how little I've been playing. The thing is the build once geared up will be able to push endgame, it will come down to how good/bad of a player you are.

Last edited by saizosol on Aug 15, 2021, 8:52:15 PM
Do you need atlease close to 300+ mana regen to sustain rage?
"
XxouxX wrote:
Do you need atlease close to 300+ mana regen to sustain rage?

No, I just found at 300% it starts to feel nice. Maps that have 40% less regen you will notice sometimes it can be a pain but not game-breaking, also watch your life pool, having 90 rage all the time can be pain on less regen map mods.
Fun little idea: 6 Link the voidforge, swap to a kaoms for huge life pool, and try to tighten up your gem pool a bit maybe, and you could push 8-9k life with sustainable dps
Also, may be a good idea to leave the charges unchecked, since on bosses you will have none of the 3 charges since theyre all related to "on kill" effects.
just a tip for everyone, for pretty much any "reflect impossible build"

if you don't use any build enabler ring, you can use

+ Yugul pantheon

80% ring + 25% yugul = 105% elemental damage mitigation

and that will go over 100% reflect for both physical and elemental damage and then you can just run the map just fine
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
Also, may be a good idea to leave the charges unchecked, since on bosses you will have none of the 3 charges since theyre all related to "on kill" effects.

100% right mate, I completely forgot I'm so used to just speeding throw maps. I honestly don't care much for endgame bosses lol.

Kaom's Heart, I have one with quality grants life. The only reason I've not tested it is I can't seem to get my void forge linked, I've spent more than buying 6L off the market lol.

Edit* I was thinking of buying a Farrul's Fur, that would sort the charges issue, then it's a matter of getting better gear with life stats, should bring you close to 7k life with defensive version, the DPS one you be over 6k.
Last edited by saizosol on Aug 18, 2021, 10:26:46 PM
"
Grixzen wrote:
just a tip for everyone, for pretty much any "reflect impossible build"

if you don't use any build enabler ring, you can use

+ Yugul pantheon

80% ring + 25% yugul = 105% elemental damage mitigation

and that will go over 100% reflect for both physical and elemental damage and then you can just run the map just fine

The issue with using the ring is the flat fire damage will break EE and that's a big chunk of the dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info