A Guide to Global Chat (and no, this does not belong in 'Gameplay Help!')

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3164625

So saw this post on here just now, and it reminded me of my post ( https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oxnjla/a_guide_to_global_chat/ ) awhile ago to help people navigate global chat in-game. Mainly this bit -

"
Even in-game, turn on Global chat for even a second and all you see is spam of toxic bullshit, Ignore one person and 10 more pop up. I enjoy talking to people in online games, but now I just keep to myself and don't feel like conversing with anyone in-game anymore.

I know Global has a bad rep, but that's mostly cos of Global 1. So here's a guide to all the other channels you can turn to.

"
For those who don't know, you can change global channels by typing "/global xyz" in the chatbox. So /global 4 for global 4. Don't forget to enable global chat in the first place by clicking the button at the top of the chat box, or you won't see anything no matter what channel you're on.

There's 65,535 global chat channels (yes, really!). You can only go upto global 65,534 however, cos the first one is shielded from us ordinary folks in order to preserve our fragile sanities from the truth...

There are 4 sets of global channels: standard, hardcore, league softcore, league hardcore. SSF leagues share the same globals as their parent league.

More pertinently, there's several of them that're much more serious-minded than global 1, which is...not to everyone's taste, shall we say.

Global 2-5 are progressively more civil than global 1, while still being general. If the game is active enough, then even channels 6-9 will have some activity in them.

Global 10, 100 and 411 are mainly used for gameplay and build advice, with 411 being the least active. Global 100 is also the channel used by the PoE Discord.

Global 159 used to be very active for Atlas completion. Not used so much nowadays.

Global 202 is the gauntlet global but people stick around even when there isn't a gauntlet event going on.

Global 773 is for the ethical SSF BTW bois, HC being optional.

Global 820 is as spammy as trade chat, but it's there for lab trials, rotas and challenges.

Global 840 was for sulphite farming, albeit nowadays it's mostly just dead.

Global 1801 is the hideout sharing global, although it's more a community global nowadays with hideout sharing on rare occasions.

Global 4040 used to be for challenges, but 820 basically gobbled that all up.

Global 5055 is the Reddit global. They like to think they're the cool guys club. They're not.

Global 6666 is the summoners hub. If you want to have fun there, try claiming Kay is better than Ghazzy. Otherwise it's mostly just for spectre sharing.

Global 69 and 420 are usually dead, but not always cos memes never really die. Also, I actually DID find some people in global 1337 and 42069! And some have pointed out that 420 isn't so dead.

Global 0 is real, but we're not privy to the eldritch knowledge contained within...

And there's probably many more I'm not familiar with. Note that this is all fluid, as none of these were designated by GGG. They all naturally arose from within the community, and naturally wax and wane.

Anyway, hopefully that's of use to someone here. Cheers!
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 12, 2021, 11:29:15 AM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2021, 8:42:04 PM
Hopefully the mods won't shunt this thread off to where it won't help anyone...
Thanks for sharing! I hope we get this list pinned.

Personally, I used /global 820 for pretty much everything, including challenges and sulphite rotations. Using /trade 820 for services that require a fee (eg. sell/buy challenges).
"
Exile009 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3164625

So saw this post on here just now, and it reminded me of my post ( https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oxnjla/a_guide_to_global_chat/ ) awhile ago to help people navigate global chat in-game. Mainly this bit -

"
Even in-game, turn on Global chat for even a second and all you see is spam of toxic bullshit, Ignore one person and 10 more pop up. I enjoy talking to people in online games, but now I just keep to myself and don't feel like conversing with anyone in-game anymore.

I know Global has a bad rep, but that's mostly cos of Global 1. So here's a guide to all the other channels you can turn to.

"
For those who don't know, you can change global channels by typing "/global xyz" in the chatbox. So /global 4 for global 4. Don't forget to enable global chat in the first place by clicking the button at the top of the chat box, or you won't see anything no matter what channel you're on.

There's 65,535 global chat channels (yes, really!). You can only go upto global 65,534 however, cos the first one is shielded from us ordinary folks in order to preserve our fragile sanities from the truth...

There are 4 sets of global channels: standard, hardcore, league softcore, league hardcore. SSF leagues share the same globals as their parent league.

More pertinently, there's several of them that're much more serious-minded than global 1, which is...not to everyone's taste, shall we say.

Global 2-5 are progressively more civil than global 1, while still being general. If the game is active enough, then even channels 6-9 will have some activity in them.

Global 10, 100 and 411 are mainly used for gameplay and build advice, with 411 being the least active. Global 100 is also the channel used by the PoE Discord.

Global 159 used to be very active for Atlas completion. Not used so much nowadays.

Global 202 is the gauntlet global but people stick around even when there isn't a gauntlet event going on.

Global 773 is for the ethical SSF BTW bois, HC being optional.

Global 820 is as spammy as trade chat, but it's there for lab trials, rotas and challenges.

Global 840 was for sulphite farming, albeit nowadays it's mostly just dead.

Global 1801 is the hideout sharing global, although it's more a community global nowadays with hideout sharing on rare occasions.

Global 4040 used to be for challenges, but 820 basically gobbled that all up.

Global 5055 is the Reddit global. They like to think they're the cool guys club. They're not.

Global 6666 is the summoners hub. If you want to have fun there, try claiming Kay is better than Ghazzy. Otherwise it's mostly just for spectre sharing.

Global 69 and 420 are usually dead, but not always cos memes never really die. Also, I actually DID find some people in global 1337 and 42069! And some have pointed out that 420 isn't so dead.

Global 0 is real, but we're not privy to the eldritch knowledge contained within...

And there's probably many more I'm not familiar with. Note that this is all fluid, as none of these were designated by GGG. They all naturally arose from within the community, and naturally wax and wane.

Anyway, hopefully that's of use to someone here. Cheers!

While this is very helpful and should be stickied; you're right to fear it being wisked off to another section. Lately quite a few threads have been getting randomly moved to feedback or off topic despite being clearly made for general discussion.

What we really need is a stickied post from GGG tell everyone specifically what fits the criteria for each section. This silent treatment is not helpful; though with the mass exodus it almost doesn't matter anymore.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Very helpful thread for my gameplay.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
well thanks for sharing.

there is also channel 777 mostly for quin69's viewers and its very active and fun :)
I wish I could more permanently disable global and local chats. I don't want to have them open, ever.

Every now and then, as I'm talking to the guild chat, both global and local chats activate again. I feel like I'm sausage fingering something, but I'm pretty sure it's just some kind of a bug or something.

Or, at least be able to rebind the keys that activate the channels. I hate games that have keybindings that can't be changed. That's like the most asinine thing ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info