[3.15] CoC Eye of Winter Build | Assassin | Expedition | Path of Exile 3.15

Hey guys, here is another cast on crit build. I really like the new skill eye of winter and wanted to make a coc build. I almost used the same gear from previous build. Everything you need to know about build is in the video or in the description. Please let me know if I missed anything. Enjoy.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Before asking a question please read.

Mana: We have another thing to deal with after the changes and it's mana costs. How do I sustain mana?
- Non-Channelling Skills have # to Total Mana Cost mod on rings
- # Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells mod on one ring
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency
- Divergent Inspiration

Critical Strike Chance: Aim for %100 crit chance.
How can I get crit chance?
- Power charges (Try to get +1 from helmet)
- Diamond Flask, Cinderswallow with crit chance mod, Bottled Faith
- Inspiration charges
- Precision, Ice Golem
- Jewels

Cooldown recovery: We need at least %14 for this build.
How can I get cdr?
- Awakened Cast on Critical (minimum lvl 3)
- Shaper/Crusader belt
- Shaper/Crusader boots

Accuracy: We need %100 hit chance.
I got flat accuracy from helmet and one ring. Also using level 21 precision.

With 14% cooldown recovery optimal aps for cyclone is 7.57. Don't go over it.

If you wanna play with more or less attack speed check out the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

Leveling: I leveled up with new skill eye of winter/ice spear.
You can find leveling gems and trees in the video.

Militant Faith: Dominus to get Inner Conviction keystone.

Why not Ice Nova or Ice Spear?
- Eye of Winter is a new skill and just wanted test it. If this skill is not for you feel free to use ice nova or spear. You can use same gear but you have to change a few things.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/d6eCV05E

Build Video: https://youtu.be/Deiax34CjIQ

Bandits: Kill All (Alira is fine too)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone - Awakened Cast On Critical Strike - Eye of Winter - Inspiration - Increased Critical Strikes - Awakened Added Cold Damage (Chain for mapping)

Vortex - Arcane Surge (Lvl 4) - Bonechill - Unbound Ailments

Immortal Call (Lvl 2) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 1) / Precision / Flame Dash

Herald of Ice - Precision - Summon Skitterbots - Enlighten (3 lvl is enough)

Prism Guardian:
Zealotry / Hatred / Vaal Discipline

Cospri's Malice:
Hydrosphere / Frostbite / Frost Bomb
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2021, 2:37:18 PM
How are you dealing with ailments that are constantly destroying?
Head Hunter drop received from blighted map chest. Jan.26/2020
OOOO I really like this. I have been trying to make COC ice nova work. It's been going sort of well, but my single target has been really bad. I think my gloves are a current weak spot since I do not have increased % on chilled enemies. I might level up an eye of winter and give this a go.

I am currently using anomalous inspiration to hit 100% crit. However, I'm not running skitterbots, so my mana is pretty large. Do you think if I swapped to divergent it would solve all mana issues or just alleviate a bit? Thanks!!
This build can be for boss killing?
IGN: DarkMorgana PinkMorgana
Nice Build! I have a question, there are times where I will get one shotted but still have ES. I'm not sure if I missed anything but it seems like my HP is getting target first.
"
Nice Build! I have a question, there are times where I will get one shotted but still have ES. I'm not sure if I missed anything but it seems like my HP is getting target first.

Can't see your character, but that can be because you don't have shavs equipped so then chaos damage bypasses your es and goes to your life or in expedition you choose mod that gives enemies culling strike, so because you have less than 10% hp they will instantly kill you without caring about your es.
LUL
hey guys i have been trying to figure out how i can get 100% crit chance but im stuck can any 1 help me out ?

https://pastebin.com/xwUNYF1c
"
DrXaiva wrote:
hey guys i have been trying to figure out how i can get 100% crit chance but im stuck can any 1 help me out ?

https://pastebin.com/xwUNYF1c

your gem setup is wrong, you use critical damage instead of critical strikes
since nobody seems to know much about eye of winter started using ice nova instead. Feels like it is not as restricted dps-wise, for example i can drop one ring for circle of fear and i feel fine mana-wise.
I thought eye of winter PoB dps isn't accurate and it does much more. But in reality when ice nova says 2.7 mil dps it really does more. Maybe not 2x, but it can be. Really hard to understand real Eye of winter dps.
I've played 3 hours~ with ice nova, gear is far from finished, but i already feel much better dps-wise and with eye of winter i felt like i hit a wall.

Last edited by Sunw1sh on Aug 17, 2021, 12:01:38 PM
so...aybe its on me, but where does the ignite on ur main hand come from.
i just cannot find it and it seems cinderswallow is kind of useless without igniting.

if i take off ingite or cinderswallow in PoB it costs like 20% dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info